Just another day turned into...

Deep in the long miles of tunnels that were under construction to connect all the world many workers gave their heart and mind to their people. One of these, tiredly tunneling towards one of many new creations popping up farther and farther away was Bear, working on a mid-journey station.

He smarted at the sound of yet another mine cart approaching from behind him. All day there have been people sending supplies on this track, thinking it was complete and connected, and he had to take their components and find someplace to store them. He turned...

FURB faced Bear. He faced him from atop a saddled pig.
The snorting thing was monstrous; It's flabby hide a myriad of creases and scratches. It's legs only soft stumps, and it's belly hanging like a half-leaked balloon.
His golden helm shined what little light it could gather right into Bear's eyes.
"Out of my way, imbecile!"

Discuss and add your own fiction. :D

Comments

• Haha, good read. Would read again.
  • rofl, missed this thread. good stuff
  • Maybe you should start an interactive story, one that allows everyone to contribute and advance the story.
    Deep in the long miles of tunnels that were under construction to connect all the world many workers gave their heart and mind to their people. One of these, tiredly tunneling towards one of many new creations popping up farther and farther away was Bear, working on a mid-journey station.

He smarted at the sound of yet another mine cart approaching from behind him. All day there have been people sending supplies on this track, thinking it was complete and connected, and he had to take their components and find someplace to store them. He turned...

FURB faced Bear. He faced him from atop a saddled pig.
    The snorting thing was monstrous; It's flabby hide a myriad of creases and scratches. It's legs only soft stumps, and it's belly hanging like a half-leaked balloon.
    His golden helm shined what little light it could gather right into Bear's eyes.
    "Out of my way, imbecile!"

Discuss and add your own fiction. :D
    <--- Read Fail
  • "Everything that has been done over years and years. Tons of precious materials just... Gone. No, they aren't. They are down there somewhere! Everything that has been done and has yet to be done is still lying in ruins somewhere. The town of Sol, my Lightbringer, the Huropolis, and even the crown jewel of the civilization that is now crumbled by the heaving earth; The grand city of New Pork.
    I refuse to think that they are gone."

Those words echoed in his mind as he stepped from the solid rock of the tunnel he has just made to a layer of soft earth that makes the floor of yet another cave.
    Perhaps I'll finally find some more diamonds.
    Fitting the bottom of one of the torches he carried with a small base he set it on the ground to light up this section of the cave, a small and mainly earthen room where a crack in the wall led to the next chamber. Squeezing himself through the crack, FURB found himself in a straight tunnel that led thirty meters forward and then to another tight crack.

Halfway down the natural hallway, and far, far below the surface of the wild green world above, there was a man-made rectangular hole in the wall at waist level. Below it lay one of the signature concrete half-blocks that were only produced by the masonry's in New Pork.
    The spirit of adventure overtook his senses, and he quickly closed in with the hole. It was two meters deep, and the bottom of it was covered with a thin layer of wool cloth. Curious, FURB lifted one of the corners, then drew back in horror and nearly tripped over the stone slab.
    The face of a man ten years dead store back at him. The ornaments that signify Whorus' protection lie beside him, but he himself is rotting! Doesn't Whorus protect those who die in his belief, and the ornaments signify belief in death? Yes, but then why is this believer rotting in his grave?

FURB decided to bury it and leave it for time to clean up, but he still wondered what could cause the deity of daytime and of peace to withdrawal his protections. Does this mean that all our dead could become zombies now as well?
    'I very well may find that out later, but I must keep moving. Something is wrong with this place.'

Peeking through the crack into the next room gave him another surprise to remember. It was not the normal small chambers and tunnels that make up regular caves, but this was a huge cavern with giant stalactites and stalagmites reaching for each other. A silent and small lave pool in the very center, dug into the earthen floor, softly lit up the room with a faint flicker that brought back memories of wooden cabins in the snow and fires in their places.

Something seemed eerie. Something seemed very wrong.

One of the walls was made completely out of familiar shapes. One of the walls looked like it once had lava running over it that had been rapidly cooled by a water flow. One of the walls looked like... No, it's impossible!

But there's only one way to find out. Unslinging his double-forged iron pick-axe from one of the straps on the back of his leather miner's jacket, FURB walked forward towards the wall.

Thirty minutes later:

"Remember, Remember..." Said the broken and faded sign at his feet.
  • Poetry isn't my highest calling for sure, but with that witty two liner with the floating diamonds I just couldn't help myself.
    Remember, Remember,
    The fifth of November...
    Tall mountain of fire,
    Great city of ember.

You make people lie down,
    You make fire burn out,
    You make rivers run dry,
    Remember, Remember.

With fire and pick we forge all.
    Black fortresses and hearth and home.
    A tower to the high heavens.
    But Whorus told "You shall be shown."

Though our forefathers were many,
    Our foes are innumerable.
    We have no sons, but we stand yet,
    In divine light, unblinkable!

Black servants shall swarm forth,
    Wilderness is danger!
    Friends and allies no more!
    Burn the house and manger!

All in light and thunder,
    Comes the world ender!
    Drops of red and black blood,
    Too many to number!

But...

Remember, Remember...
    Where we all have come from,
    The fifth of November.
    Where we all are going to,
    The call of The Construct.
    And you are a member...
  • Poetry isn't my highest calling for sure, but with that witty two liner with the floating diamonds I just couldn't help myself.
    Remember, Remember,
    The fifth of November...
    Tall mountain of fire,
    Great city of ember.

You make people lie down,
    You make fire burn out,
    You make rivers run dry,
    Remember, Remember.

With fire and pick we forge all.
    Black fortresses and hearth and home.
    A tower to the high heavens.
    But Whorus told "You shall be shown."

Though our forefathers were many,
    Our foes are innumerable.
    We have no sons, but we stand yet,
    In divine light, unblinkable!

Black servants shall swarm forth,
    Wilderness is danger!
    Friends and allies no more!
    Burn the house and manger!

All in light and thunder,
    Comes the world ender!
    Drops of red and black blood,
    Too many to number!

But...

Remember, Remember...
    Where we all have come from,
    The fifth of November.
    Where we all are going to,
    The call of The Construct.
    And you are a member...

That's Awesome!
    :eek:

Edit_1:
    I cross posted this on the 5/8 forums ;D
  • I want to
    satisfy my hunger.
    I want to
    hold death a bit longer.
    I want to
    feel the darkness of night.
    I want to
    spread my blessing of blight!

I need to
    see the fruit of labor.
    I need to
    grasp the golden saber.
    I need to
    walk through my black graveyard.
    I need to
    write death on one more card!

I have to
    try to escape prison.
    I have to
    call upon my vision.
    I have to
    sue chaos and mask it.
    I have to
    open the dead casket!

I am now
    let loose, malevolent.
    I am now
    dangerous, violent.
    I am now
    among you, the other.
    I am now
    Slayer of Brother!

I will be
    the world's last ender.
    I will be
    master and fate bender.
    I will be
    deceiver, carnivore.
    I will be
    the one bringer of war!
  • Wow. Poets amoung TC members, who would have thought? I have some tucked away somewhere too, but it's a bit personal.