The Big Server Status Thread

Updates:

Minecraft Overviewer is doing its initial render. This will probably take about 9000 years. I'll let you guys know when it's done.

I've modified the MC scripts to kick up to root, nice to -10, drop privs and then fire up MC. This gives the MC process priority over stuff such as backups, renders, etc. This way you shouldn't see lag spikes when a backup or render kicks in - the only downside is that backups/renders will take a bit longer, but if you don't lag, big deal, amirite?

Comments

• Overviewer is set in essentially a continuous render mode. When backups run every 15 minutes, the script checks to see if overviewer is running. If it isn't, it kicks off an incremental render of whichever chunks have changed... This should keep the map mostly up to date.

Uh, one question. The overviewer map shows all of the signs on it. I figure this could be problematic for some people and am looking for a quick easy way to disable it, thoughts?
  • I'm not sure why people are still complaining about having to look everywhere for clay...

• OMFG, OMFG... OMFG!
  • hmm, Server's up but it appears to be non-responsive.
  • I gave up after a few "Timed out" messages last night. No worries though, it was laaaaate last night.
  • Weird... Looking into it now.
  • well cool i get unbanned and the server's down :( oh well il look at it as karma
  • Wierd, it still seems to be unresponcive every now and then.
  • Server appears to be down at the moment >.>
  • Server's back up.
  • Server is down.
    Waiting for new Hey0 wrapper version.

Details on the new client/server version:
    http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2050336602/bug-update-3
  • Also going to be installing Minecart Mania with this update.

*prods Fast_Fire*
  • Is the server still down?
  • Is the server still down?
    Yep

The updated Hey0 wrapper isn't out yet. This update changed quite a bit of SMP so it may be awhile yet.
  • Server's up
    :)
  • Just a server update. :)
    • Minecarts now working 120%!
    • CraftBook Added --No Boosters required :D
    • The majority of warps will be removed in several weeks time!
      (talk to Thal for details)
  • The server appears to be down again... It's not letting me connect.
  • The server appears to be down again... It's not letting me connect.
    I thought it would only be for a few minutes so I didn't make a post. :x

There was a bug in the backup script that messed up the disk usage.
    Because of that glitch, some people were having issues with map chunks resetting.

Thal is working on fixing the issue now. :)
  • My script accidentally all of the inodes. The nightly backup that wipes all of the old backups wasn't firing for some reason... arms.gif
  • Server's Up
  • Well, it's sorta up. It's still unlinking a ton of files and laggy due to that...
  • Server is down
    Waiting on the new Hey0 version to come out.
  • Looks like the new Hey0 version won't be out until the 24th.
    Until then, you can continue to play by following these instructions
  • Server Has Been Upgraded to Beta!

No need to downgrade your MC client anymore.

Server open!
  • -a late announcement but:

New map!
    Team PvP

Rules:
    No hacking
    No raiding bases while team isn't on the server.
  • Server crashed and thal needs sleep.

I may put a PVP war server up in the mean time. ;D

Server will be back up tomorrow morning when thal wakes up.
  • -a late announcement but:

New map!
    Team PvP

Rules:
    No hacking
    No raiding bases while team isn't on the server.

Neutral City:
    This city will serve as a neutral area for trade, training and commingling, divided in to cantons for each faction.

100 x 100 block PVP Free Zone, no killing allowed in city limits by any means.
    Excluding hostile mobs and animal mobs with no owner.
    No hounding of players (aka waiting till they come of of the city to kill them)
    No TNT
    No Stealing (all materials found in the city mines belong to the city).
  • Want to build above ground, without us nasty z0r Marauders taking your precious cargo? well we have a solution for you.

Another Neutral town is being established, New Pork (yes, a 2.0 if you will, Bears idea, I personally wanted Zoron, but hey, thats me) is a neutral town, but currently is not ready for residency, will be once we collect a metric f***ton of cobble and building supplies. Unlike NC, there will be no clan divisions of the town, and each are free to build whatever they like. But, again, unlike NC, there isn't a set distance of the town limits, whereas a 30 block radius from the furthest legitimate buildings (no long cobble stacks or paths) is town limits.

(Coordinates will be posted when server is not dead)

All buildings should follow a castle theme when established. So no office-looking skyscrapers etc. So Pubs, churches, hovels, towers, keeps, guild-halls, etc. There will be no structure damaging unless you or your clan owns it. Not in a Clan? no problem, you can build on any open part connected to the road of New Pork and claim for yourself.

Owner is Bear, ran by z0r Order (Security, city supply etc), but neutral to all those that wish to enter. We may be ruthless Marauders, but we do have honor when it comes to honoring agreements. 30 block radius from the edge of the buildings is declared a neutral zone, except to animals/mobs. We will have a one-way tunnel under the city for those that wish to leave without anyone following.

Rules of New Pork:
    -No griefing of any kind (TNT, lava/water buckets, breaking down buildings, changing signs etc)
    -Respect others
    -Build in Castle theme only
    -Do not initiate combat within city limits, doing so will alert on-duty security, and other residents, and you will most likely be killed.
    -Keep new pork clean, no random spires, burning trees, or spam looking buildings.
    -Lava must be well contained if used, no open lava pools or moats etc.
    -No traps, TNT, fall, cactus, water etc. Were not here to kill people, that's for outside the city limits.
    -Dual residency (NC and NP) is ok, were here to branch to everyone.
    -Mines are allowed, just not in the town itself (but within town limits is ok)

Welcome to the new Newpork!
  • Just saying, if its castle theme, shouldnt it be oldpolk? (dont kill me)