Community built City poll

As its stated in the title, we were shooting around the idea of a server wise community build, where we can make a city greater than newpork that everyone has a part in. The first step is to find those with interest in doing that. Then if we get enough people on board, we will then figure out a general theme (i.e. Modern, castle [easiest to do with MCs style], etc), then find a location and get started.

Please vote once, and the results of the poll may not be whats going to happen, but give the general consensus on this idea.

Comments

• Planning will be needed for this to be successful.

Brainstorm various things of different purposes. Think of City Hall, Police Departments, Stores, Housing, Warehouses, Industrial, Residential, Commercial, Highway systems, Underground systems, Water systems (sewage, irrigation, plumbing), etc.

Once the list is made, then look at the map and see what terrain we can place all these on. Map out some general idea of where each and every structure will be as well as how big each should be.

Finally set up a template at the site in the world and make some decisions (final or otherwise) before actual construction takes place.

Once agreements are made and every participant understands their roles and how to play them, the fun begins.

You have my vote.
  • As long as it isn't mandatory, go for it. I would like to help but also not lose all my work I have started already. Lots of hours went into my stuff I have now and I want to keep working on it.
  • You can count me in to help.
  • im in, just let me and numb keep our village ^^
  • Nah, not mandatory at all. I'm not doing a map wipe. Bob just wants to see if there's interest before he starts planning/finding a location/etc. :)

That said, the more involved the merrier!
  • there isn't really a need for planned buildings/services etc, people just build things that the city needs. Start off with your houses, close by (within 20 blocks of each other) then we add city services, guard stations, armories, granaries, food storehouse, stockpiles, inns, training barracks, archery range, blacksmiths, wheat farms, mills etc. I think using a castle based theme would be the easiest to do given mine crafts general castle theme.

But for now, we need to know if people will actually build in this new city. If there is only 5 out of the 12-13 normal players, isn't really worth making it. I want it to be a total community effort. You can keep your current structures, just contribute to this new city, and keep building! We need all those listed above, but also stuff like docks, quarries, etc. Be creative, and think castle!
  • there isn't really a need for planned buildings/services etc, people just build things that the city needs. Start off with your houses, close by (within 20 blocks of each other) then we add city services, guard stations, armories, granaries, food storehouse, stockpiles, inns, training barracks, archery range, blacksmiths, wheat farms, mills etc. I think using a castle based theme would be the easiest to do given mine crafts general castle theme.

But for now, we need to know if people will actually build in this new city. If there is only 5 out of the 12-13 normal players, isn't really worth making it. I want it to be a total community effort. You can keep your current structures, just contribute to this new city, and keep building! We need all those listed above, but also stuff like docks, quarries, etc. Be creative, and think castle!
    Alternatively I could get people to work at Castle Diamondsword
  • Alternatively I could get people to work at Castle Diamondsword

That you neglected to tell me about, even though I would have loved to help. :nag: :nag: :nag:

Count me in!

Idea: I hope we are able to make the city in some sort of depression in the ground to allow us to build higher. I really want a huge watchtower to place a Lightbringer Mk. V in!
  • That you neglected to tell me about, even though I would have loved to help. :nag: :nag: :nag:

Count me in!

Idea: I hope we are able to make the city in some sort of depression in the ground to allow us to build higher. I really want a huge watchtower to place a Lightbringer Mk. V in!
    Oh yeah, you're in the clan...

Wanna help on the castle? The wall is done.
  • Yeah, of course... And I checked it out after I accidentally /warp it. Not very friendly to non flymodders XP
  • Yeah, of course... And I checked it out after I accidentally /warp it. Not very friendly to non flymodders XP
    heh
  • Count me in to help with the city stuff.
  • Looks like fun. I may hop on the server just to do busywork from time to time.
  • insperational video... kinda relevant if we want a city/what could become an eventual country anthem

• MC-DJ!

If we are gonna have some sort of music or anthem, make it customizable!
  • Upon some discussion, we are going to see what people feel about placing this community city starting directly after huropolai, to the south of it. (If you view the render, the arena in huropolai is the south end). From that road south to the castle. that entire wooded area is relatively flat and easy to build on, and plenty of space to build a city in, not to mention, adding on to the already growing huropolai, making a new capitol city of this map.

If a general agreement is reached on this location, we will begin construction. I will add center resource pit, where then everyone comes, and donates what they can, and begins construction on their houses, then from that, all the city services, such as food farms, granaries, mills, forgeries, crafting centers, storehouses, inns, training barracks, armories, blacksmiths, market row etc.

Try to keep a medieval/medieval Asian theme, but we can have roman, like the capitol area. Even semi-modern/old world like modern Italy houses etc.

Just don't want any office buildings or newpork like modern, try to keep the city as visually awesome as can be, and not a tacky mess of clashing time periods lol.