buildings

Is there anywhere or site where you can download already made buildings and such to play around with, im quite a good builder I am. But I remember back in the day this was possible.

Comments

• It's still quite possible, though buildings loaded on mods other than what they're built on will likely be missing a few pieces. It's doubtful there's much of anywhere left with buildings on them anymore, but you're free to share what you've built on here via attachments or etc.

Pretty soon I will probably modify a little gallery for people to show off their buildings and put them up for download.
  • alright that sounds good, that is true about the mods, thats one thing that annoys me, what works on one server might not work on another and the forward slash commands are a nightmare to remember on all the different modes.
  • The issue with incompatible deployables between mod editions is largely to do with the brain-dead way that the save system was originally designed. Rather than using the natural encapsulation around datablock classes, JackTL chose to implement specific restoration functionality in a separate 'shard' as part of the saving system.

Most of the mod-makers chose to extend this system with the deployables that they created.

I think ECM (my mod) is the only one that implements a radically different saving/restoring system. When a new deployable is created, it rarely needs anything special on the part of saving, and at most would require creation of a function that is called when it is loaded. Additionally, I've implemented datablock translation between the common deployables in the most popular mods (Metallic, Quantium, and MooCon), so just about everything will look the same (and non-translated pieces are restored as generic pads/forcefields).