Humble Indie Bundle #3

Pay what you want, or what you can afford, for a pack of 5 indie games: Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves

Includes Steam and Desura activation keys.

Sale runs for two weeks, proceeds can go all to charity (EFF and Child's Play) or all to the developers if you choose.

Bonus game added: Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
Bonus games added: Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans

Comments

• Gah... Looks Awesome.
  • :o Shane linked me earlier and I think this one looks pretty good. I might drop 10 bucks down on friday and steal my brothers laptop for a bit :D
  • Yeah Im trying to convince my dad to drop a dollar on his PayPal account so I can snag it. I like the look of COGS.
  • Hammerfight is pretty awesome.

Extremely difficult though
  • Gah, Dad thinks it a greedy scheme... No Bundle for me. T_T
  • Gah, Dad thinks it a greedy scheme... No Bundle for me. T_T

If the definition of greedy scheme is raising millions of dollars in donations to established charities and financing independent game developers by offering great games to people at whatever price they want to pay, then I suppose it's fairly accurate...

Wait a second...

In all honesty though, the only thing that could possibly be construed as greedy is the "Humble Tip", but it would ostensibly go towards server costs, and you get to decide where the money goes regardless. Even if you decide to only pay a penny.
    You're basically just deciding what you want to pay for 5 (quite excellent) independently developed games... and if you don't think the people who worked hard to make the games deserve even a single dollar, donate it to charity and get 5 free games as a thank-you.
    As far as the charities go, the EFF is geared towards internet rights and the like, so may not be of interest to the average person; Child's Play on the other hand operates entirely around donating video games to hospitals for children.
    Including Victoria General and the BC Children's Hospital in Vancouver, by the way.

If anything, every single game you see in the store (console games high at the top of that list) is a greedy scheme compared to the bundle.
  • =O

Got myself a key!
  • Not sure about this bundle; they don't appeal to me as much as the last two. I will say, though, I've played VVVVVV before and it was an epic blast.
  • I've read awesome things about crayon physics, they combine two interesting things.
  • I've read awesome things about crayon physics, they combine two interesting things.

Its quite Colorful.. Except the Music annoys me.
  • VVVVVV is awesome! I like it's soundtrack and graphics and gameplay is pretty unique.
  • WAIT!!!!!! VVVVVVV IS IN IT, LOVE THE DEMO, awesome music and gameplay. Must have!
  • Steel Storm: Burning Retribution has been added to the bundle. Should get added to your Steam accounts within the next week or so (probably).
  • Steel Storm: Burning Retribution has been added to the bundle. Should get added to your Steam accounts within the next week or so (probably).

Oh OK.. so with this in mind, when Splot comes out, that will get added to our steam accounts? (Assuming we own the Frozenbyte bundle)
  • Oh OK.. so with this in mind, when Splot comes out, that will get added to our steam accounts? (Assuming we own the Frozenbyte bundle)

It's possible, but I wouldn't put money on it. I'm fairly sure the Steam subscription keys given for the Frozenbyte bundle were retail keys attained by Frozenbyte themselves from their existing package. Thus, in order to activate it for everyone who got the bundle, it would also activate it for everyone who had purchased the same package through other means - I had already bought it myself, for example, so wasn't able to use the key on my own Steam account.
    I would say if/when they do add it to Steam, they'll likely add a separate retail key for the game to your humble page.

Update: Steel Storm has already been added to your accounts, you can restart Steam or navigate to the store page for it from within Steam to add it to your list.
  • Makes sense.
    Update: Steel Storm has already been added to your accounts, you can restart Steam or navigate to the store page for it from within Steam to add it to your list.

Have you played this yet? any good?
  • I haven't had time to try it out yet. Anyone else?
  • Haven't tried it yet... but it looks like 5 games from the Humble Bundle #2 have been added to your bundles (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans). Go to your bundle page to get a Steam key.

If you haven't bought it yet, you'll have to pay anything above the average price to get the extra bundle.
  • Yeah I got the Key with my Bundle.

Would Cortex Command be added to our steam list when it comes out?
  • It should be.
  • Would Cortex Command be added to our steam list when it comes out?

He may decide to release it on Steam at any point, and when he does it will be added to your account... but you also have to keep in mind that the game has been sitting in an almost unchanged state for years, so there's no telling when it will be "done".
  • New Game included with the Bundle: Atom Zombie Smasher. It on my Steam list already.

http://blendogames.com/atomzombiesmasher/