For the Empire

For the Empire
An EVE Online story of victory. Based on actual in-game events.

fortheempire.png

Alone.

Alone against a fleet of hostile frigates.

This was not an unusual situation for me, as I preferred to hunt the former slave-race; the Minmatar Republic, on my own. I had won many glorious fights in lighter skirmishes during the week in my holy Imperial Navy Slicer - without a single loss. However, this one was different. In this fight, I was severely out numbered, out gunned... And alone.

Prologue

During the past weeks, I had spent my time purging hostile outposts across Minmatar space - a dangerous job; many pirates and infidels came to defile my operations, but none were successful. These star systems had to be claimed by the Empire... ...victory without mercy.

Following the reclaiming of several hostile systems, I returned triumphant to my home. Upon my travel, I located a small group of Minmatar enthusiasts; composed of two heretics of the Empire and one Gallentean freedom fighter. They had to be destroyed.

This tiny squadron was of ill composition; two Amarrian frigates and one Gallentean interceptor. It became clear that this Gallentean was leading the heretics; he was my primary target.

I followed their small squadron to the Labapi star system and waited to intercept; as planned, the infidel and the heretics soon arrived. The Gallentean Taranis-class interceptor was a nimble vessel; high damage, albeit frail and lacking in range - although powerful, it was inferior compared to my glorious Imperial Navy frigate. He immediately attempted to engage, however I was waiting for him in a prime position, and planned my next move.

The speedy interceptor moved through hundreds of kilometers in moments, his advocates slugging behind lazily. I, however, was prepared to burn them on sight with my cleansing lasers. The infidel soon came into my range and I matched his speed and maneuver around him like a predator waiting to strike his pray...

...Before the infidel could react, his shields and armor were gone. Panicking, he attempted to fire on me at extreme range with his poorly-suited blasters. He never landed a hit, and was soon purified. After the unplanned destruction of their commander, the heretics fled without delay. However - this was not the last I would see of these fools...

fortheempireii.png

To Escape the Swarm

After days of silence, the Minmatar were clearly up to something. Small Imperial detachments were sent to claim more systems, however they did not return. Intel suggested a swarm of insurgent frigates from the Minmatar corporation T.R.I.A.D were hunting down and destroying Imperial forces.

The Empire would not have this, and my corporation; The Imperial Fedaykin, began to counter the hostile efforts. However, our enemy was elusive - tracking them down would prove dangerous.

Not long after The Imperial Fedaykin [TMFED] mobilized to push back, our enemies bared their teeth. A small Amarrian patrol fleet was completely eradicated by this swarm, and TMFED immediately went to investigate the fleet's disappearance - however upon reaching the destination, no evidence of either the Imperial patrol or the swarm were present. This baffled internal commanders for days...

Upon a routine patrol route I took almost daily, I noticed something abnormal. A trail of wrecked ships around the Sosala star-gate in the Kamela system, belonging to Imperial forces. These wrecks were small, which suggested they were frigate-sized. However the number of these wrecks was disturbing. Curiosity encouraged me to see what was on the other side of this star-gate, but this gate held a surprise...

It was that foolish Taranis pilot I killed only days earlier! Determined to avenge my fallen brethren, I engaged his Rifter-class frigate. His shields and armor fell fast, and soon... He was yet again destroyed by my Imperial Slicer.

Although convinced this fool wasn't the true killer of the Imperial frigates on the other side of the stargate, I was still satisfied that I removed this pest yet again.

Then something shocking happened...

As I was celebrating my recent kill, I neglected to review recent intel on hostile fleet movements. This was a dire mistake on my end.

I noticed the Kamela star-gate light up as if someone was coming through. Then it did it again. And again. And again... And continued to light up repeatedly at least 20 times. Adrenaline began to pump...

...Dozens of hostile frigates clouded the star-gate, my slicer was unable to warp as I was being tackled, and due to my recent aggression on the fool, I could not jump back through. I was taking hits, frantically planning what to do next. Panicking. And alone.

Alone.

Fight alone... Or die alone.

I made my choice...

The ship that was warp-disrupting me, ironically, was another Taranis. I decided to bait him into following me off the main swarm and kill him in the same manner as the fool I had killed days earlier. This tactic proved efficient. Although more concerned about escaping myself. I did not kill this Taranis; instead, drove him off. He fled in deep structure damage, my chance to escape presented itself briefly, however... It was too brief, as I found myself, again, tackled by three more frigates.

Three Rifter-class frigates, fitted up for extra speed. They quickly matched my own, and I desperately attempted to drive them off... In very low structure myself, I took down two of the Rifters - then the swarm called in an electronic attack frigate, which shut down my targeting systems. It was clear I wasn't going to escape...

To my surprise, my corporation was tracking this fleet and arrived through the star-gate in a group of four Slicers. They quickly destroyed the electronic attack frigate, and I was clear to destroy the remaining Rifter.

Half of the swarm was destroyed within minutes, and the rest escaped like the cowards the Minmatar are... I, however, learned that it's better not to fly alone, and I was grateful for my corporation's unexpected arrival.

This was a glorious victory for my corp and I. And I had learned to trust my corp members, and valiantly defended them for months to come, as they had done for me...

This was a victory... For the Empire.

amarrlogoii.png

Comments

• Dork.

Good tale non the less. I'll be playing again today, my roomies computer shit the bed, had to reformat.
  • Shit... What do you expect? I sit around all day writing articles for websites anyway, figured I'd do one for some free games. :D

Otherwise, fuck that. Too much to write. :mad:

I'll shit bricks if I even win.
  • Haha, pvppppp today? :D
  • Maybe today i wont loose my Slicer to a fag in a Rupture with a BS optimal range!
  • Maybe today you wont get jewed out of my kill mails! :D

I mean uhh... DEFLUN!

EDIT: I'll likely not be on for a while... CCP's pissed me off by resetting the UI again in another patch... I refuse to redo that shit again... Considering that just YESTERDAY I finished fixing their crap from the last reset... Then they pull this shit.

I'm not sure if I want to log back in if they're gonna reset everything in each new patch... Then again I likely will because I'm addicted to PVP... And with you egging me on, it's hard not to hurt people. :(