Master Server Down?

For some reason, when I try to log on it validates my login but fails to fetch authentication server list (Error says either my internet connection is bad or the servers are temporarily unavailable). Anyone else getting this problem, or is the problem with my computer?

11-15-07 8:18 pm Pacific Time

Comments

• Anyone know when this problem will be resolved? *Looks on Sierra.com*
  • Still down. Nooo idea. If this persists it might be a good idea to turn this website into a 'status page' for dedicated servers saying if theyre up or not, and their ip address etc. so others can join manually.
  • The authentication servers for Tribes 2 are down due to a server issue. Their technicians are working to resolve the issue and hope to have it up within 24 hours from now.

I have a case number open and am waiting until tomorrow to call back and follow-up on it.

Sierra's Technical Support number is (310) 649 8033 and Tribes is Option 5.

Please don't be beligerent to Customer Service. Its not their fault. But I imagine the more calls they get, the higher the priority it will be made.

This post was made 3:52 PM Pacific Time, Oct 17. So they should be up soon. To see this thread: http://forums.vgames.com/thread.jspa?messageID=614460&#614460

And ignore the people going 'OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN PERMANENTLY' because theyre full of shiesse.
  • So bored...

DAMNIT SIERRA!!!
    Fix da damn servers!!!
  • Seriously. I wanna get my CCM server up again.
  • And I wanna get my server up, so we can kill some new bots :)
  • Use the alternate master server...
  • Alternate master server? Wha? How?

How do I get my Meltdown2 to log onto it, and how do I log my dedicated server onto it? 0.o
  • Hopefuly... Sierra will have fixed the master server by either today or tommorow... If not... Then what the hell are you doing sierra?!?!?!
  • Yeah, seriously, still waiting. About to bitch to Customer Support.
  • I am about to as well...
  • Any way to get my dedicated ccmserver up without the master server? I wanna work on stuff. >.<
  • Thyth's LAN Patch?
  • Wherezat? <looks>
  • The master servers better be up soon... I am getting VERY impatient.... :mad:
  • Here. I hope you're a windows user. ;)
  • The authentication servers are down. No comment on the master servers.
  • Eolk... I already have that patch... -_-'
  • It was for Jaktag. I just realized that post was two hours ago. :o
  • You may want to get the alternate master server, too. If you don't, you'll have to post your IP so people can connect to you. That patch just makes it so people can connect to you even if you're playing on LAN.

I'll see if I can find you the link...
  • So how do I pup it in no-login?
  • I can't read your sentence. Please rephrase.
  • Er. It requires that I start tribes 2 in -no login. How do I do this?
  • Create a shortcut to Tribes2.exe, right-click and open up the properties.

In the target line you should have something like
    "C:\Path\to\Tribes2.exe" -nologin -mod Modname

Though, the thing with that script is that you'll have to wait a while after clicking refresh list for any servers to eventually show up, since the list is never trimmed and you'll be trying to add over 200 servers that don't exist.

I have the feeling there might be something a bit more efficient up on here sometime today. ;)