Alternate server?

ok, we all no that the offical master server is down, but im hearing about some alternate server?

someone care to tell me how to get on that? please? :(

Comments

• well, thats what were working on, but.. i WOULD like to know how to connect to Thyth's or Krash's server over Lan....

i tried in the console - Connect("146.57.92.246:2800");
    but i get a disconnect packet when i start Phase1

but, i know right off the bat my method is flawed, because i don't have a port open...
    so instead of trying to trial and error my way, i thought it would be easier to ask for assistance.

... so.. no one knows how to join a server over LAN?
  • There is a way.

First off, to get to Krash's server, you start construction through the 'Offline' shortcut.
    Go through the LAN tab, and click near refresh, then push insert. You can type in the IP of the server, and it should show up on the queue list.
  • Ok, I'm on Thyth's Clockworks right now, what is Krash's IP?
  • You guys never answered Snowfire's question. He was referring to the master server at http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500559 .

Click that link, snowfire, follow the instructions, and you're done. If you want to host, make sure you back all your files up, first...

If you want to host, you also may want to look at this thread.
  • ty muchly eolk.
  • Now, when blnukem decides to patch his tribes2.exe, we can join...
  • wait, it says "windows cannot find Tribes2" and then closes on me :(
  • Which program are you using?
  • lol... snow... go to the post: "Goodbye" by rysterf, I found if very amusing
    1. Extract the zip to your dynamix/tribes 2 folder.
    2. Only replace the tribes2.exe with the alternate master server version if you want to host!
    3. Launch tribes 2 in Solo and LAN in order to play.
  • Blnukem, you should have PMed that to Snowfire, not post it.
  • eolk, all that file is is a frigging lan thing. that doesnt get me online -.-
  • Did you extract the zip to the tribes 2 folder and overwrite all files prompted to overwrite?
  • i wasnt prompted to overwrite any.
  • Well then, that's good. All that batch file does is just delete DSOs and launch tribes 2 in Solo and LAN.
  • well WTF. -.- I'd like to get online you jerk. Tell me how >< Please?
  • Install the alternate master server.
  • ok.... im only getting one server... hell on earth?
  • Is that what the server is called? That may be blnukem's server. I get Elite Warriors Online and The-Construct BC.
  • its empty -.-

IP: 38.100.236.90.28000

What's The-Construct BC ip?
  • The IP for the Texas server is 74.53.240.114:28000. If you have Xfire you could probably just click on the server status image in my signature.

The IP for the British Columbia server is 24.108.140.239:28000

Texas isn't up right now, so just go to BC.
  • That alternate master patch on TW is a bit silly. I wrote a little function to retrieve the list off the web for him, I think he used a modified version of the same one to add the server to the list which runs on a mission load. I only recall looking at them once, but I think the scripts used to modify the listings were a bit iffy and may have had a bit of trouble with mods.

The list itself on the web he did on his own. It seems to just be adding more every time, and doesn't check if any of the old ones are ever removed, so it climbs up to over 200 servers on it. I suggested he stick a cronjob on to check them, but I don't think he did it.

I feel a bit like I should rewrite the whole thing and stick it up on the server here. :p

The Texas server is up, but it is still running in online mode. I don't have a LAN patch on it since it's running on Linux, but perhaps something could be done with Thyth's patcher.
  • Blnukem and I are using Thyth's patch right now. I'm on his server, he went afk.