Itunes DRM

Looking at Dond's thread about Ram made me think about my current problem, that maybe some of you could help me with. :D

So I got a movie off Itunes, and I'd like to put it on my PSP. Alas, There's some sort of DRM on it, and it's saved as a .m4v file.

Any ideas on how to remove the DRM?

Comments

• Here is a comprehensive guide:
    Step 1: Don't use itunes.

Is it possible to remove their DRM? Technically, yes, but it's far more trouble than it's worth...
    Honestly, you're probably better off just redownloading it from a more consumer-friendly if slightly shady source.
  • It was a digital copy that came with a movie I had recently bought, only way to download it was through Itunes. I've never used it before untill now.
  • that was slightly shady
  • The thing about this DRM is that it's an AES encrypted A/V stream requiring a unique key from your itunes account to decode, so most "removal" software is effectively hooking into itunes itself to decrypt the file and just re-encoding the content in a new container. Doable, sure, but not really worth the effort when you could get far better quality and quicker results elsewhere.

Plus most such software is far more shady than simply finding somewhere else to download it since Apple will throw an army of lawyers at anyone who threatens their business practices...
  • Also, you could just get audacity or some sound recorder, set it to record your windows output and just play the song.

Edit : oh, it's a movie, well, you could do the same with a screen capture program like fraps or aTube catcher, but an hour and half of raw footage would take up your whole computer and maybe even other computers near it just for the sake of wasting space.