Tool changes

Hello again
I haven't built in several years. Today, I went on to try to construct something small. Something to start me off to see if I was still interested.

However, it would seem that the tools have changed. I don't know how to toggle between modes/settings of the tools anymore. I've tried the hotkeys that I remember I used in the past, the Grenade, Mine and Beacon hotkeys. All of them yielded the same result; nothing.

Did they change? If so, could somebody please point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Also, were all saves from TX deleted?
    Thanks
  • No, the tools haven't changed in the past 5 years or so... Nor have any saves been deleted in well over a decade. :)
  • No, the tools haven't changed in the past 5 years or so... Nor have any saves been deleted in well over a decade. :)

Thank you. I'm not sure what was causing it, but I suppose the

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" worked.
    The tools are working as I remembered them to.
    Thanks, again.

@Krash, what about the saves that were on TX? Did they get moved over to BC? Is there any possible way to recover them?
  • bump. I'm sorry, it has been 20 days.
  • Uhh, I don't remember how to do things.
  • Do people Actually still build?! And wheres Tribes 3?
  • Have my babies warlordx.
  • man, considering some games have construct like elements to them nowadays, playing t2 con is like hard mode base building... its gloriously old age but also fun.
  • I'd term it "advanced mode", not hard. There is certainly more of a learning curve than building something with grid-aligned blocks or prefabs, but it's no more difficult when you know what you're doing, and it has a lot more flexibility. For someone with a traditional CAD background or just a focus on detail, it's much closer to a perfect system than what's common these days.

The majority of the limitations in how far we could go in terms of improving the gameplay and ease of access were due to either engine restrictions or relative inexperience as developers; over time, in a more open environment, there could've been quite a bit more evolution.
  • Do people Actually still build?! And wheres Tribes 3?

We had about 12 people on the other day, but I don't think anyone regularly plays.
  • Could a construction mod like we saw with Tribes 2 be implemented into a contemporary game engine? Or are they too restrictive nowadays?
  • Could a construction mod like we saw with Tribes 2 be implemented into a contemporary game engine? Or are they too restrictive nowadays?

Someday. It's possible in the Amazon Lumberyard Engine, but I don't think anyone wants to spend their time on that as it is a very ludicrous process. An Unreal "Mod" was created on the Unreal Engine, but the creator halted the project due to school; That was several years ago, He remains absent to this day.

As for Amazon Lumberyard, The only negative thing about it is the engine does not have everything you may need for the project; There are tools you'd need to download and/or purchase, it also doesn't have much for animations or objects/static meshes. I believe that's the reason why no one has really jumped the gun on a game similar to T2 Construction, there's far too much needed to be done to go through with a project like that. Unless someone has already started the project incognito, I've got some skills in animations using Blender so if you're out there reading this, let me know.