Hunter Mines

This little recording is pretty funny...

Eolk made about 5 mines hunt me and I evaded them and made them kill him instead. You also can see Naosyth's newest ship in the background... Amaze it's beauty DAMNIT :mad:!!!! And... Laugh at Eolk while your at it... Since his mines kill him... :D

Comments

• i might have to watch this a lil later =)
  • That was funny.
    I meant to do that...
  • You need to shut up. :)
  • Ok, I'll get you in-game then! >:)
  • Kill him 200 times on rebels like phantom did to Thyth =)
  • Thyth now uses his little client-side hacks to kick your butt. ;)
  • Thats why i generally avoid going to any NOS server at any time
    One day, me black-lotus and Bln were on BC....and we saw Elec come in, were like hi!
    Then he says....Black-Lotus you are being removed from all servers for mis-conduct, goodbye
    Then Lotus Left right after Elec, we were like....wtf?
  • Heh, you got fooled! lol!
  • huh? how? lotus was banned off t2 and we saw it
  • The server isn't connected to anything that would make this possible.
  • Quite correct. It is impossible to do a global ban like that.

Black-Lotus-, a.k.a. Master-Chief-, a.k.a. Cornucopia claimed he was a Metallic developer, and abused admin commands to silence the person who challenged him. The person who challenged him happened to be me under an alternate account. So, I connected with my commonly known account, and informed him that such abuse of power is unacceptable.

He had a history of abusing admin commands, thus I notified Krash so he could take whatever action he felt was necessary.

The most a server can do to a client is crash them, and even that is tricky to do without taking the server down too.

Edit: Oh and... when did Phantom kill me 200 times?
  • Thats what iv'e heard a number of times from various persons, and they concluded you banned him and all members from his tribe from that day onward.
  • I'd like a list of people, because they are pulling crap out their asses. The reason Phantom, and his clan is banned is not because Phantom killed me over and over again.

During the summer, Phantom hosted one of his mods, and installed a script I wrote to prevent harm from game-type-list packets being spoofed from the master server. On non-patched dedicated servers, those packets result in pages of errors that tie-up the server. Players time out, and if the server runs ispawn, it is usually reset continually as a non-responsive process.

Phantom, however, started getting (what he believed to be) unexplained random system power downs while hosting his server (as in, the system would instantly power off). He seemed to think that I was somehow issuing remote shutdown commands to his system through that T2 script.

While it is possible to issue a remote shutdown command to a remote system running Windows (on the command line: shutdown -s -m \\IP.ADD.RES.S) provided you are on the same subnetwork (i.e. behind the same router) and you have the same administrative account on both systems (same username and password), it is almost impossible to use over the Internet. Furthermore... I suggest trying that shutdown command (for the local system: shutdown -s) and observing what happens. You will see that you go through a full logout process, settings store, then complete normal system shutdown. It is not possible to simply force the system off, even if I could issue a remote shutdown.

The power grid in the United States (especially in economically disparaged rural areas, like where Phantom lives) is not necessarily the most stable as far as power phase and voltage levels. The power quality can decrease noticeably during hot days in the summer when everyone is running air conditioning units. Sensitive electronic equipment (such as a computer) can be affected by low power quality. A computer's AC->DC switching power supply is designed to normalize voltages and fluctuations, but when power quality really deteriorates, that translates into the power quality within the computer's internal power.

Components like CPUs and video cards are very sensitive to power fluctuations (thus they have their own dedicated power regulation systems to minimize fluctuations from the power supply). Power regulation circuitry tends to contain many capacitors and components called MOSFETs. MOSFETs are very sensitive to higher heat (produced by higher ambient temperature and/or power irregularities), and are very easy to damage without proper circuit protection.

The Wikipedia article contains this wonderful snipplet: "Power MOSFETs are at risk of thermal runaway. As their on-state resistance rises with temperature, if the load is approximately a constant-current load then the power loss rises correspondingly, generating further heat. When the heatsink is not able to keep the temperature low enough, the junction temperature may rise quickly and uncontrollably, resulting in destruction of the device."

Thus, all power regulation circuitry is designed to fail-safe by cutting off power in the event that a MOSFET or other component might be damaged.

I think you know what happens when you pull the plug on a computer. It shuts down. Instantly.

So, I told Phantom that his system was overheating and/or electrical power quality was low resulting in his resets. He consulted one of his computer technology teachers to ask if high temperature could result in a system shut down. Evidently the teacher he asked was a real idiot, and told him it wasn't possible. So, Phantom thought I was lying and went on a huge campaign to try to discredit me, and told people to stop running my scripts. He kept insisting that I was powering off his system, and everyone that knew better had a nice laugh at his expense.

However, it the accusations really were libel, and I told him that if he didn't stop attacking my credibility, I would ban him and his clans from my server and my mod. I was willing to be forgiving in this respect, especially considering the code theft, and pre-conditional type reasoning for his apologies. Instead, he threatened to sue me for some baseless grounds (something along the lines of I had no right to deny him access to the game). So, I banned him and his two clans. One of the clans ({PyRo}- was the name, I think) has disbanded since, but the ban is still in effect for any member of {P_C}-. So, if you are thinking about joining, you'll be unable to play on any ECM server running beta 8 or later.

Oh yeah... and if you are wondering, I should have full chat logs of all relevant conversations. I would just need to find the specific dates.

Finally... if there is any question of my ability to aim, shoot, and hit, I'm sure we could play a few rounds in UltraXL or CCM (since the latter is more familiar to people on this forum).
  • Remember when we were playing reborn? That was fun...
    I'd like a list of people, because they are pulling crap out their asses
    There was lots of crap going around at that time.
  • Yah... i used to rip on Phantom all the time on the AdvancedMod forums.
  • Wow.....im gonna go pwn phantom
  • Well...If i were to join P_C (i cant edit last post for some reason) Would i be banned?
    I dont know anything about scripting and i'd hardy wear tag seeing as N-D is so popular.

I need to think...-_- this is difficult decision.
  • If you even joined P_C, you would not be allowed in Electricutioner's server. I'm not sure if he checks all of the auth code or just the current clan.

Well, whichever, either you choose phantom's clan or elec's server. Your call.
  • Yah... i used to rip on Phantom all the time on the AdvancedMod forums.
    Why? Phantom's still a person, despite his actions...
  • The server looks at the list of clans that you are in, and disconnects you with the relevant message if you are found to be in a forbidden clan.

It is completely automatic. If you join a forbidden clan, you won't be allowed to play. If you leave all forbidden clans, you are able to play immediately (or within 1 minute or so).

Keep in mind that Beta 8 is nearing completion, and the clan ban will soon extend to all ECM servers.
  • Well...If i were to join P_C (i cant edit last post for some reason) Would i be banned?
    I dont know anything about scripting and i'd hardy wear tag seeing as N-D is so popular.

I need to think...-_- this is difficult decision.
    N-D isn't all that popular. In fact, I see lots of people saying not-so-kind things behind their backs.
  • you know, ima going to,,,
    1) tell phantom the invite was "lost" and say that i cant be bothered anymore
    2) continue in Clocks, algida, whatever
    SUCKS TO DECIDING
  • That'll work, if he doesn't view the forums!
  • I love the motiony packy idea er.....y?
    Logic pacx are too hards!
  • They're not hard. It's just that incompetent people like you have trouble with it.

Nah, just kiddin'. It's hard for everyone. It wasn't that hard for me since I had had previous experience with programming languages like C who have similar if() statements.
  • Just wait until the invasion by the Knights of the Lambda Calculus.

There are already whispers from their operatives, and attempts to recruit in our community.
  • Are they going to... hurt us?