ACCM Mapping

Hey, what's up everyone, i thought it'd be kool to help out Blnukem, he did give us ACCM, with help of course, so i thought we could give back to the cause, so, ask Blnukem before you do this, but, this will be the place where you can talk about mapping, and mapping ideas, but, like i said, with Blnukems permission, you will be able to post maps here to help out the ACCM cause, so it can turn into an adventure. have fun, ask first. <(^_^)>

Comments

• Well, I am a very experience map maker myself. But I am busy either making the ACCM Skins, GUI, Weapons, packs or all the other fun things on my todo list. So if you have a map you wish to submit feel free. Here is a list of requirements for an ACCM map:

1.) It MUST be serverside.
    2.) It MUST either be Infection or CombatCon
    3.) Do not use ideas from current ACCM maps, we need new things, not copies.
    4.) It MUST have spawnspheres and the spawngraph pre-made, since I do not have time to make them for you, if you want the map in ACCM you must make it perfect.
    5.) Make the maps a little detailed - not too much to limit the lag during gameplay.
    6.) Make the map interesting, for RP's and such.

That's about it, if you have any questions, then post them here on the forums.
    Also, if you want the map in ACCM, ASK ME FIRST!!! Ask me in T2, because I will probably not respond to everyone who asks on here. Unless you pm me.
  • Yeah, what he said, anyway, here's some pictures i took of ACCM. (off the subject of mapping a little)
    • Hero Pose.png
  • Zomg!!! :D!!!
  • wow, so sad..........don't post if it's not about ACCM or mapping, please
  • i think i might work on making another map, the others failed
  • i know how to map, it's just my last 3 haven't turned out as planed
  • well, i have good news, i'm worknig on a new map, The Night Before Christmas, the only problems i'm having is with the sky, i can't get it to be what i want it to, i always UE, but i hope i can get that straightened out, but i hope i can have it done by just then, The Night Before Christmas, so, i'll let you know if it fails, but until then, keep an eye out for it, oh, and Blnukem, if you want a copy for ACCM, let me know, can't promise anything though

<(^_^)>
  • Show us your sky object.
  • The reason for your UE is because you must be typing the sky you want incorrectly.
  • That is why I asked for the sky object...
  • Sky Object??????
    i'm sorry, but i'm not that technical of a person
  • Hmmm...
    Do you know what an MIS (.mis) file is?
  • yeah, i know that much
  • If you want to change your sky, you have to do it by editing the .mis file directly, since you can't do it in-game.
  • Yes you can Eolk...
  • I UE when I try, and apparently Lil Papa does, too.
  • yeha, it'a a pain, i tried from the .mis and it does nothing, the sky only goes blank
  • Ok, The Night Before Christmas failed, but in it's place comes Delta 6, and it is almost finished, here are some shots of it, i want to know what all of you think, i want comment, suggestions, no Waldo Eolk, i'll get that cleared up cause i know it'll happen.
    • Delta 6 Map.png
    • Delta 6 Map (1).png
    • Delta 6 Map (2).png
  • Looks like you need to relight the map.
  • Lol, I recognize the Thunder Hawk Gunship, and the WIGO Airship.

But yeah, relight.
  • A little bit of definition never hurts. Try giving some more variation to the landscape, maybe some hills, pathways and a quarry or something. Flat terrains make for simple building, but if you're playing a combat mod places to hide and shoot or to ski past make all the difference.
    Spend some time tweaking the sky, fog, and lighting. If you don't know too much about them, you may want to open up the file of a mission with a look you like and see how they've done it.
    Don't be afraid to experiment with the terrain textures either. ;)

Yeah, a few of those interiors are custom made for different maps. This will require players to already have each of these missions, or for you to include the interiors in your release.
  • that's nice of you all to do that, but now it won't load, and i've decided to give up on map making, al my awesome maps have all done the same thing and wouldn't load, oh, and EmperorsChamp, it would've been lighter, for me, when i first place them, there black, but you all can forget all the posts of my maps, cause no more, ever.
  • i told you, i gave up, no more
  • But... we'll all be so disappointed! :(
  • Irrelevant to ACCM mapping, but... Nukem wanted to see this.
    • screen1.png
  • The waypointed players?

As long as we're putting random screenies on, brak was just in the lan server and I took this. :p
    • Halsshot0914.png
  • Ok, i'm not to keen on quiting mapping.

And Eolk, why would you be disappointed, you've never seen one of my maps.

Anyway, it wasn't one of my better ideas, and besides, i thought about it, and i figured out the problem, it was to many buildings.

So, to start back on the track i left off on, i'm going to make a map, i'm not saying for who, and i'm not saying for what, cause He/She doesn't know i'm making it for Him/Her, so.....it'll be a suprise for all. <(^_^)>