Weekly Update! 12/23/07

Well, well. I guess since no other developer will be taking the job, I will be posting weekly updates on here, if I don't forget.

On the weekly updates, I'll try to post as much as possible about what's been going on in the ACCM development. Unfortunately, Blnukem doesn't always let us in in the scoop (I have requested, only received a partial response). I'll just post what I can, and, as the week progresses, we'll see.

Ok, for this week, Blnukem has been mainly on break, so there has not been much communication lately. Blnukem had already explained some updates here.

I requested blnukem give us the latest ACCM when a major update takes place, however, he only replied to it by posting maps! -_-
I've made another request that's more clear, but he hasn't gotten to that...

I plan to remove a few admin commands because a few of them are different, yet, they do the same function (i.e. Shred and Kill). I'll replace them with a server-side lobby function.

Also, we've been accused of stealing code lately. I want to say that we're (mainly Blnukem *cough*) sorry for any confusions that has caused. We're not trying to cheat anyone out of their credit/code (I don't believe in stealing code, it's better to do it on your own, then ask help when you need it), it's just that Blnukem isn't very experienced with coding just yet, and he tends to do that sometimes instead of asking for help (I'll admit, even I did that when I was a beginning Tribes 2 coder). :)

We (well I) plan on disposing of the "stolen" code and replacing them with commands that do the same function, but are "better" (if you program it yourself, it's better already :p) in a way.

Emperor's Champ is almost done with his sentinels. He's got a few UEs to fix, though. He knows what's causing it, too, so, they should be fixed in a little bit (he asked me not to help, so... yeah).

Me, well, I plan on doing some stuff with the commander cam and the zombie spawners.

Well, that's all for now. See you until the next weekly post! :wave:

Comments

• UEs are gone, it's just the way the Sentinels were bailing out of certain routines. now i'm just cleaning them up, they have a pretty comprehensive help setup. Also, as i fix things im adding new stuff in... so.. Lol, thats why they're taking longer than i first anticipated, at this very second i have 3 new ideas for them, 2 i will add 1 might be too difficult, and I still need an image for them.

I'm with Eolk on the code theft, it's not right, and it won't be tolerated. ( i too borrowed code back in the day ).
  • Project Sentinel is still on? What about aroura? <-- See my current facial expression (far left)
  • What was aurora again?
  • What? its so secret i dont even know, i heard about it from nukem on OLD website
  • I know. I don't think he ever told us, though. ;)
  • Well, since your deforesting the path and making way for our ACCM war machine, i guess you could Ask blnukemi guess >_>
  • I think he told us, we just forgot.
  • LoL, ask again it may be important
  • *sigh* more spam...
    You are a consistant lil' bugger, aren't ya?
    So far you spamed in every thread! And the spam is so off-topic... :mad:
  • It's not spamming. He spams no more than you or I do...
  • Erm have you even seen what im talking about?
  • Nope. He's to ignorant. ;)
  • That makes me a little unapreciated here if nukem isnt even seeing what im saying and calling it SPAM.]
    mmm....i think ill go have a SPAM sandwich
  • Yes Zaxx, I do see what your posts are about. And about 85% of them are not relevant to the thread topic. Sure, as Krash said in one post:
    Originally Posted by Krash
    Essentially, "anything goes", as long as it isn't totally pointless. Funny is good, as long as it actually is funny and not some played out tired campaign of uselessness. We even did away with the post count completely on the old RH forums.

So Zaxx, ya understand? You uber post in EVERY SINGLE THREAD and half the time it is mostly made of totally pointless posts. If you are trying to get your post count up by spamming the ACCM forum constantly, then either do it in other forums, or I could contact Krash.

And to be honest, your spam spree has actually (In some threads) been on topic, so if you want to spam, spam about on topic stuff and not total nonsense.
  • Are you ignoring me?

Blnukem is just being hard about it because he doesn't like you.
  • (puppy dog eyes and glistening pupils with big quivering lips)
    I stood by you in all ACCM desicions you made, i gave my opinion on what you asked, and this is how it is? EOLK HAS TO SAY you hate me....
  • all ACCM desicions you made

Half the time you were never around.
  • Well its a bit hard when were practically on opposite sides of the world dont you think, if you would freeze-time then id be happy to be there 24/7.
  • Blnukem, you always rejected him. How could he be with you if you always rejected him?
  • That doesn't sound right...
  • You know what I mean.
  • Not you, moron, blnukem.
  • Now u hatez meh///
  • No, you're just stupid, and stupid people are hard to cope with.
  • Well then thats why YOUR hard to cope with...
  • you post to much Zaxxman
  • Yea....but its fun!
  • Well then thats why YOUR hard to cope with...
    It's "you're," smart one.

No, people cope with me easily, you're just difficult and stupid. :)