Weekly Update! 1/02/07

A tad late, yes, I know. With Blnukem leaving, I forgot all about this, but, here it comes...

Well, Champ and I have been working a lot on ACCM 1.2 (especially zombie-wise). Here is a list of things:
  • Zombie Gametype
    Ah! What we've all been waiting for! A nice zombie survival gametype. Featuring random human zombie selection and auto-spawning zombies (must be specified by the mapper).
    This will probably be nice for dedicated servers that can't have admins on all of the time. The zombies spawn automatically without the assistance of an administrator after 60 seconds. But, on to the gametype:

Everyone starts off on the "human" team. There are no inventory stations, so you have search for ammo around the map. You'll receive warnings about "zombies in your area" until they come about 45 seconds after (the timer starts 15 seconds before, which is why I mentioned 60 seconds above for anyone who is wondering). When the 45 seconds are up, a random person to be the human zombie is selected, and the zombies start to pour in.

You have to survive for about 10 minutes, or what the host changed it to, until help arrives. If you die, you get switched to the zombie team, and you become a part of the zombie horde. If all of the humans die, the game ends in favor of the zombies. If the humans survive for the timelimit, the game ends in favor of the humans.

So far, I've pretty much gotten it done. The only thing is scoring.

• Zombie Pods
    Those who like Halo will be familiar with this. The zombie pod just... sits there until someone either shoots it or gets close. When that happens, the pod explodes (bloody) and out pops a ravenger!

The rest of the updates are either small, covert, or soon to be completed/already mentioned. We'll let you know what we've gotten done next Sunday.

Comments

• Why does everybody spell it hoard? its HORDE GOD DANG YU
  • shouldnt this be 02/01/08?
  • No... today is the 2nd.
  • Sigh 02=second,/01=january/8=year
    Or do you do it like MM/DD/YY
    I do it DD/MM/YY
  • MM/DD/YY

I follow the strange American way.
  • Lol, get with the times =D
  • Zaxx is a Euro?...
    That explains the annoying spamming and why in one post he said: "Colour"
    (Damn Euros...)
    They never shave... Oh wait that's da Frenchies... Meh... Still Euro :D
  • Euro...what? I use the good old pound....which is boring me now!
  • Zaxxman is there with Makaan and Shrimpy! :D

Me love shrimp... to EAT!
  • teh shrimpeh?
  • When I joined, he immediately made me rank 3. :)
    He haven't seen him on tribes 2 lately. Maybe if I'm lucky, he'll make ME rank 4! :)
  • I saw him on Naosyth's server yesterday.
  • Aww... I mean... Yeah!
    Bittersweet... if I lose shrimpy, I won't have anything to eat, but I'll get rank 4.
    If I keep shrimpy, I have something to eat, but I'll stay rank 3.

Decisions, decisions.
  • no way! Mah shrimpeh!
  • New stuffs:
    • Flame Turret
      This was one of the things Blnukem threw away. I've put it back in because it's so fun (and it replaced that crappy gauss turret).
    • Commander Camera Artillery Function
      Yes! The Commander Cam can now drop artillery on people (with a limit, anyway)! Maybe drop in the credits from TCCM or maybe just a new resource system?
    • Code Improvements
      You guys don't care about this stuff...
    That's all I can think of right now...
  • no way! Mah shrimpeh!
    Shrimpy loves me moar than you, wuss-man!
  • (and it replaced that crappy gauss turret).

Eolk... I removed that months ago... It wasn't even in my version of ACCM 1.2, genius...
  • You only released ACCM 1.1, smart one.
  • i dont want to love him, i want to eat him.
  • You, sir, are an idiot, then.
  • What? I like that king tiger shrimp taste...
  • Shrimpy is spicy because he's from hell. Too spicy for you.

This is what you'll look like if you eat him:
    http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080104/i/r456306930.jpg?x=230&y=345&sig=a9yYn5RqzMARQOYy8D2Z2w--
  • Well then ill get a cloning device, make 500 shrimpehs and stuff them all in your throat at once....cant take the heat? Stay outta this thread!
  • I wouldn't let you stuff them down my throat...
  • Id Get alviss to force your mouth open
  • Alviss wouldn't do squat for you.
  • But he likes to see you suffer.
  • That lolcat talk has got to stop.
    You're just bad at it, so stop it, now.
  • Erm, can you possibly make a cinematic at the end of the survival gametype?
    One in favour of humans and one in favour of zombies.
    Also, a new gametype! All the players are strapped to a bomb in this gametype (just put a satchel charge on their front) and if they dont kill all the zombies in the area, and gain access to a certain room to disarm bombs, they blow up!
    A 10:00 count should do well....also, make somesort of inventory station to "disarm" bombs