Weekly Update! 1/27/07

Sorry this got out a little late. I got a little busy on Sunday, but, here goes.

UPDATES:
  • SENTINELS
    Yes, we've finally got the sentinels up and going for the next release. Unfortunately, their shots don't compensate for moving targets very well (I'm gonna try to fix that). I haven't fully implemented a deployable for them yet, so, they're still in the development stage (I might release them regardless).
  • BOT ZOMBIES
    We're probably gonna drop support for this, however, I might use them for the zombie gametype. These are zombies made from bots. They're a little harder to kill than regular zombies since they jump around. Also, if the map supports a navigation graph, they'll be smarter in movement, too. Right now, we only have regular zombies for the bot zombies.
  • CAPTURE PACK
    The capture pack will let you capture all deployables on a certain frequency or radius. More about this will come...
  • TANK AI
    I'm not quite done with this yet, however, I plan on making a tank ai (and maybe even a er AI).
  • AUTO UPDATER
    This will be a client script for those who want it. The auto update checks your current version and compares it to the current version specified online. If they don't match and the mod version is more than your current version, then it downloads the new version, ready for you to install. This actually has been made, however, all I need it just a nice GUI to go with it.
  • LOTS OF UN-EXCITING THINGS

Well, that does it. I'm gonna try to get ACCM 1.2 out by next weekend. See ya! :wave:

Comments

• I like the ideas there Eolk, but what would be even kooler, (not saying it would happen) but get the zombies there own personal skin, so if someone wears a bioderm you can't see, they don't look like a zombie, cause the zombies would have there own messed up skin.

you know, just a thought i had.
  • yea, with guts that are held in place by ribs!

I think a "survival of the fittest" gametype would be good for the new cap switch, 2 teams and a whole lot of zombies!
  • i like the idea for the skin, and i like the idea for the game type
  • I think i've found a way to make le Sentinels Invisible.
    Yah.. just... get rid of the bot zombies... zombs are fine the way they are... (replace ZspawnPack.cs with a different one :p)

and no.. the cap pack doesn't capture things on a certain "freq" stop fucking with my code.
    >:(
  • Captn's old objective packs had some points that would do that, switch over all the turrets and such. A mite buggy.
  • Mm....it would switch deployables to the "capper"
  • Eolk, I do believe there is a simple way for the Sentinels to shoot moving targets.
    Let me find it.
  • It's an AI function:

%bot.aimAt(%target.player.getposition(), 1000);
  • kwl, you got bln's avatar he got 4 u
  • Yes, and loop that function as needed. The bot specified in %bot will look at the location of the it's current target.
  • That doesn't help you hit the target with non-scan-target projectiles, does it? Or is that what the 1000 argument does?
  • Pretty sure the 1000 argument is just the duration that the ai will keep looking at the position.
  • So... you still need to extrapolate the time to intercept with a projectile, and the direction with which to fire in order to hit them.
  • also, you need to add the bit where it aims slightly upwards (damn gravity)
  • also, you need to add the bit where it aims slightly upwards (damn gravity)
    Gravity doesn't affect bullets...
  • It's an AI function:

%bot.aimAt(%target.player.getposition(), 1000);

That just aims at that coordinate continually. Since the bot shoots at a set of moving coords, it's a triffle hard to keep the bot shooting at the target if the coords are not updated every 100ms. What Eolk wants to do is get the bot to shoot ahead of the target coords and let the target run into the tracers.

it's a simple formula to find how much further ahead of the target.

D = v*t (i think... it's been a while)
  • I had the formula, but, being stupid, I didn't write it down, so now, I've forgotten it. Now, I can't remember it off the top of my head.
  • Make it aim at the target and say...2 meters ahead of it
  • Make it aim at the target and say...2 meters ahead of it

You could do that.... or you could do the correct thing and have it shoot ahead of the target depending on it's velocity.

Projectiles was actually a chapter of my Physics class last year.
  • *flings rubber band at emp*
    What speed did it hit you at?
  • You actually need to solve a system of equations because you don't know how long it will take for the projectile to reach a moving target from the firing point.

You solve for both direction, and temporal magnitude, which creates the vector that will intercept the target.
  • I just wasn't sure what the 1000 argument does, that's how the function was when I found it in AIObjectives.cs. Exept for the %bot and %target argument.
  • yah, i'll need to find how far that person will move in the amount of time the bullet will take to reach him

d = v*t can be switched around and can find just about thing you want (you'll have to add some stuff, but you get what i mean)
  • Why dont you remove the argument 1000 and see what happens
    (with any luck, you wont UE)