Glitch Wall?

I found an interesting glitch... An invisible barrier preventing re-entrance of the mission area of the map: Frosty Tyger. I know, some of you would think it's just an invisible LSB, but I ruled that out because LSB's, when walked on, make a footstep sound. There was no footstep sounds in the following recording. Also, by the general size of this... barrier is too large to be purposely made, I also don't think a person could have made it because (not shown in the recording) I attempted to delete it, and no error message popped up saying it was mine, or even that a deployable was there. Maybe this was a temporary glitch? Or maybe I just became god for a few seconds and walked on air? I also looked to see if this barrier ended with the assistance of a laser pointer, so I can get back into the mission area, and eventually, I ended up killing myself... I tried getting back to the wall again, it seems to be 1 way only, you can go out, but not back in.

Here is the .rec file (usable only in T2) and some screenshots:
  • screen2.png
  • screen3.png

Comments

• Well done, Blnukem! :clap:

Krash, mind telling us what it is?
  • He says it's something he put on the map for testing... But I still have no clue as to why it's still there or why he'd test a wall...

Master-Chief- Suggested it was a reversed LSB or a Force Field. If that was the case, the /objectscale command wouldn't allow something that big.

I think I'd believe Krash a little more, but I still don't understand it's purpose...
  • Did it go right around the grid?
  • Just one area of it... Not all the way around.
  • This is off-topic, but Thyth suggested I put $specialFog = 1; in the console... It made things worse, so I disabled it anyway. For those curious of what I see now, here are some screenshots:

[1st screenshot: $specialFog is disabled, the other screenshots are enabled]
    • screen7.png
    • screen8.png
    • screen3.png
    • screen4.png
  • Heh... Welcome to Zebraland!!
  • XD Dead Zebras melted and left skin behind XD
  • Thats a Funny Effect with the fog.
    Invisible walls... did you try looking at it in map editor, might just be a identity misplaced...
  • I'm not saying it again after this... Krash says he put it in there for testing...
  • :D Sry I didn't read the posts before hand.

Rolling over the Zebra Laughing
  • The intended purpose was to effectually create an ice-like surface over the water while not trapping a person being thrown upwards and slowing the server to a crawl. However, since the map wasn't touched after the initial modifications, it was left to sit without a use.
  • This is off-topic, but Thyth suggested I put $specialFog = 1; in the console... It made things worse, so I disabled it anyway. For those curious of what I see now, here are some screenshots:

[1st screenshot: $specialFog is disabled, the other screenshots are enabled]
    Hmm, so you still have some problem with the 8.1's? Did you try $pref::OpenGL::disableEXTFogCoord = 1;?
  • That's not the problem, the reason I did that thing to the fog is because I tried fixing the buildings, I'm not sure if you were around to read the other posts about my issue, but my computer screws up all the textures and stuff...

I've done everything, updating the driver, edit the video settings and lots of other things I'm too lazy too mention. So now it is pointless to fix.
  • Life's an adventure when you'r lazy