ACCM 1.2 Comes Out Tommorow!

Yes, you heard me right folks. [strike]It comes out tomorrow[/strike]ACCM 1.2 is out! However, please note that it is still in beta stage! That means that some things may still be buggy. Therefore, 1.2 cannot be treated as a stable release. I have posted this early just to let everyone read up on this message.

ACCM 1.2 is a beta, therefore, it is prone to crash/bug up. The sentinels and bot zombie AI are not 100% bug-free. Use them at your own risk! If your computer screws up (which I highly doubt) or you get a UE or error or something, don't blame me or any of the other devs, because we warned you! The sentinels are known to UE if multiple sentinels are targeting the same object and it dies. Some bits of ACCM 1.2 are not tested/implemented fully! So, by running this mod, you accept that you may be running a "piece of junk that does not work/is unfinished" (most of the un-stable commands are not listed in regular help; some aren't even commands at all, just console commands).

Also, if you come across a bug, do not hesitate to post it here or PM one of us or tell us in-game. We'll fix it as soon as possible and put it in another release.

I hope you're ready for tomorrow.

Edit: Get ACCM 1.21 already!

Comments

• Will you have a release party with all the big celebrities? If so I'm so there.

Oh right, I need to finish up LSW #1 for release tomorrow too. :o
  • Aww fux, i just got 1.1 to test the restrainer XD!
    Yay for lsw! I guess im cleening up after....
  • I'm actually a little disappointed. Those persisting bugs and cheats (more than the "/buy" rapid-call) that were supposed to be private in 1.1 forced me to release this beta. But... it's here!

If you find ANY bugs, please tell me!
  • *cough* Who added /buy *cough*
    *Points at self*

And I think I'll have a party here just for the hell of it!
    *Gets drunk*
  • *Forces Blnukem out the door and locks it.*

Enjoy, everyone. Have yourself a big helping.
  • *Still gets drunk*
  • *Puts Blnukem in a Taxi that drives him far away.*
  • *gets drunk double for Blnukem* (I actually am drinking right now :D)

ZOMG! :D!!! ACCM 1.2!
  • Having private bugs that can be used as exploits isn't really a good strategy. People will find them, as demonstrated with the inventory-buy rapid fire exploit.
  • Oh yah... Eolk, why in hell is there a buy command, so people can regain ammo and what-not with purebuild off? That doesn't make sense.
    If i know anything about ACCM, it was probably intended to be another unfair command only a select few would have knowledge of to get an advantage over regular players. Right?
  • Now u gave it away to ppls who didnt know it!
  • everyone knew it Zaxxman, it was no secret, i've known it since ACCM came out......... or so you think i did. :D
  • Oh yah... Eolk, why in hell is there a buy command, so people can regain ammo and what-not with purebuild off? That doesn't make sense.
    If i know anything about ACCM, it was probably intended to be another unfair command only a select few would have knowledge of to get an advantage over regular players. Right?
    It was intended to be on Blnukem's server only, however, Blnukem released it to all of ACCM without thinking anyone would abuse them. There were also some sloppy backdoors into the mod only meant for Blnukem's server, also that got released. They're gone, now.

Some of the commands in ACCM are to help keep control over the server, however, I'm seeing a lot of abuse. I'm sorry to those who just wanted to have a good, fair game.
  • *cough* Asteroids spam *cough*

*cough* Arty drops *cough*
  • Both of those commands are gone in 1.2. The arty drops were part of a testing thing.
  • I've already got bug fixes. I'll release them soon. ;)
  • so, did you put in smarter zombies? i'm not asking for using t2's ai to augment them for smooth and intelligent movement, but at least a few localized behavioral things, like, not all rushing at the same target and all end up stuck ina giant group behind a small ledge
    at least some sort of group-avoidance so they keep a good seperation (which tends to cause them to surround a guy than all charge stupidly at him

maybe target selection that's something other than nearest? so you don't have 100 of them going after one guy behind some small ledge while others behind him pick them off?

how about propel zombies using a force that is both tangental to the surface below (as opposed to perfectly horizontal, which makes them fail at climbing hills) as well as a bit of a normal component so zombies don't get immediately stuck by friction.

because right now the whole zombie concept is, you lay down stuff, you stand back, you shoot without worrying about anything, unless you put the emitter too close and they just spawnrape, but that can be mitigated by just putting a small ledge so they get stuck...
  • Hmm...they're kinda stupid in that way...
  • (as opposed to perfectly horizontal, which makes them fail at climbing hills)
    CCM came with that. It just needs some adjusting.

To fix them from going for the nearest target, I can make an LOS to Target check.
    because right now the whole zombie concept is, you lay down stuff, you stand back, you shoot without worrying about anything, unless you put the emitter too close and they just spawnrape, but that can be mitigated by just putting a small ledge so they get stuck...
    Well, if you just go against regular zombies, then yeah... If you mix them, it gets hard at times (unless you're inside an LSB, in which case, it will be easy).

I don't think zombies were ever intended to be "perfect" in Dond's view, but, who's to say we can't make a difference? >:)
  • They arent perfect...Zombies are braindead in any sense to go for the nearest target, no matter if the target has a melee skill, Mg, or nuke
  • I would imagine the zombies should have good mobility but be incredibly stupid. One part down (loldefaultaihavingnoconceptof...anything), one to go!
  • Well, if you think about it, zombies aren't really smart in the first place. They're basically people who've died and come back to life in a hideous form.
  • What if you
    came back in a hideous form
    You would keep your err...brilliant mind and brain.
  • You are so stupid... If you really were killed by a zombie in real life, and died, then turned into one, you would be still incredibly stupid... (But still smarter than the average Zaxxman) And if you cam back in a hideous form, you'd be deformed anyway, so you'd still act/move stupid even if you kept you intelligence.
  • Nah...you keep all the features a normal human body has, to jump, to run, to sense things
  • Zombies have no senses except smell. And rigormortis slows movement down considerably, I'd imagine.
  • They HAVE senses, just very terrible tuned senses...
  • I can't wait until tomorrow's update!
  • yay its tomorow!
This discussion has been closed.