Bannedz

I just got banned from BC, by shane, and i'm not quite sure why. I was in a walkway tower with a jump pad at the top and bottem, and going back and forth really fast. I spammed close far close far a few times, and stopped, with an lol
Next thing I know, I'm flying across the ground, I think by MC's repel field (Jerk :'() and then I get bannedz. WTF?

Comments

• You were banned because you spammed the chat, simple as that. It will wear off in about 15 minutes.
  • For such small scale spamming, banned is a definite over-kill punishment. I'm sry, but there's no excuse for banning for that kind of spam. I was just fooling around, and it was only about 12 lines. -.- You should talk to your admins, or give them a lesson in punishment management. That's the worst response I've ever gotten, aside from Nukem, but he doesn't count.
  • Actually... Being banned for spamming is a good punishment, you shouldn't have done it in the first place. Also since you destroyed half of Shenfu's building with a shrike... So that gives more of a reason for it.
    only about 12 lines

That's alot... Maybe if it was like 6, then I can see misuse, otherwise, it's a valid punishment.
  • Nope, there will be no "talking to". They've taken it upon themselves to crack down on repeat offenders, and if you've gotten caught in the crossfire, you'll just have to wait it out and make sure it doesn't happen again. Shane's word is law just the same as mine, and how he chose to control the situation was decisive, quick, and fully backed by the other admins involved.
    There is no excuse for spamming as you did, and your comments immediately after were the icing on the cake. You apologize if you spam unintentionally.
  • Not to mention it isn't your place to set rules for us on BC Snow. If you want to cry about it, don't do it here. It's only a 15-minute ban anyways.
  • Meh. Hey I have nothing against you. If you break the rules, I am not going to look the other way. You know the rules and so do I. How ever it is my position to enforce the rules. Either deal with it, or don't. I don't care. Either way, the rules will be enforced.
  • Twelve lines of spam? That's quite a bit... especially since one of the rules is "Shush your face."
  • If we followed that exact rule we wouldnt talk on BC whatsoever
  • If we followed that exact rule we wouldnt talk on BC whatsoever

If that means less Drama, I'm all for it! :) :clap:
  • lol

I'm serious :P

They should just rename this site to T2Drama.com. I'm tempted to add it to my collection. I already have aadrama.com (for america's army)...
  • A server provides you access as a SERVICE, not a RIGHT.
    When you are there you are to follow THEIR rules. The rules are not universal, they are not what you think should be fair, the rules are whatever rules they set.
    The admins by definition have full authority to ban you when they want to, whether it is justified or not, because by definition they are authorized to ban you at their discretion.

What this means is that if you get banned, you should be contacting the admins of the SERVER where the incident occurred as opposed to a PUBLIC forum that is universal across all servers.

The only reason you would actually post here is to attempt to whine and discredit the particular server, as opposed to actually RESOLVING THE SITUATION.

If I were a moderator, this thread would be closed and you will be warned. However I am not, so just take my advice under advisement.
  • I wish morons would stop talking about events that didnt happen
    If i WERE a mod
  • Unfortunately I have to disagree with some of your principles Shane. Vazolith, I suggest you read this too. I have been getting numerous complaints about you two on my server and people are constantly telling me to "Take Action". Honestly I don't know what they think I can possibly do but its really starting to tick me off. Also, I've been watching you two under an alias and I am quite surprised about the fact that the people who come running to me are actually right. And after personal Experiences against Shane, I will have to agree with them. I mean Come on, "Delete your building Phantom!!". "We want more pieces to use Phantom!". A few of the comments I had to deal with. They were complaining about a building approx. 601 pieces built by multiple people including myself. So here comes Mr. Super Admin Pal, Shane To the Freaking Rescue. So your little saying: "it is my position to enforce the rules." should be renamed to : "it is my position to enforce MY rules.". And as for you Vazolith, Kicking for no good reason is a bad influence on yourself and the server host. And trust me, you don't want to go killing Krash's Rep. The people who I discussed with asked me to do a simple thing, and it has been enforced as of now. I will not release the names of said people because they asked me not to. Now before you start yelling at me, think of what you did to the others and ask yourself from then: "Why Did Phantom Post this again?".
  • if it was up to me now, i'd be hosting my own dedicated server, running a mod ive created,
    2 things stand in my way,
    1) my bandwith wont allow
    2) i cant code
    So we better had make a compromise because BC is the best server ive seen, there is nothing bad about it as long as you dont push your limits, so shut up faggots.
  • The Easy fix to reason 2 is learn how. I would be willing to teach you how, elec. may also be able to help you in any area. If you want to learn how.. just ask us.
  • Of course its my position to enforce my rules. Rules are made by people thereby making them THEIR rules. And yeah i did tell you to delete your building. You were using the most pieces inefficiently. So why should one person hog all the pieces when others are trying to build. And now that Phantom has said that what i am doing is wrong it must be. Phantom you run your server the way you want, and I will enforce the rules on Krash's server. K bud?
  • oh....lol, i thought i would hav to goto college
  • And trust me, you don't want to go killing Krash's Rep.
    Really, I'm fine with that. I'm not out to impress anyone, I'm just in it to build - and to provide a place for others to build in peace if they so choose. How you appear in the eyes of others matters little when all you wish to do is construct among friends.
    Taking up 600 pieces when others are trying to build is pretty rude - hell, I'll save and remove my own pieces if I'm using >100 and we reach the limit.

Refer to Linker's post, though. It pretty much covers it in the first few sentences.
  • you guys are funny
  • Yea, i am lolling like a deranged hyena....-_-
  • you guys are funny
    Yeah... This kind of stuff feeds me. I'm a rubberneck.
  • Ur an elk, your entire self is rubbery, especially everything inside your HEAD.
  • The Easy fix to reason 2 is learn how. I would be willing to teach you how, elec. may also be able to help you in any area. If you want to learn how.. just ask us.

Or me. I just don't have much time to teach. :D
  • So i wont ask you....
    What are you doing instead?
    Actually, i might ask you, as i dont have much time to learn either. Unless you send lessons to me via the PM on the forums.
  • What the hell are you talking about Phantom? I rarely kick people, at all.

And Linker, nice post. I like your philosophy's and agree 100%.
  • Started from snow fire's bans and now we talking about scripting Xd lol
  • Thats because snow is a dumb deer, more pethetic than our reident elk
  • We have a lot of resident elks around. The food chain with zombies is quite interesting to hear about.

Edit: I dreamed there was a deer in our cold-e-sac after a bad storm (so bad that it grew dark as night outside and it was supposed to be relatively bright). The dream also had others elements in it, but, I don't need to go on about those, do I?
This discussion has been closed.