Map Release - KatabaticACCM

Today I was playing on the Rebels Reloaded server, which is like 24/7 Katabatic... and I was thinking, why not make Katabatic for ACCM?

I really didn't change much, I just moved the towers (remote, and the sniper towers at each base) so that people are able to get inside them without jets...

I also removed all of the turrets (even the sentry turrets in the remote towers)
I added a 'small outpost' in the center of the map. it has two bunkers, and a bridge crossing from one remote tower to the next

Hope you enjoy! sorry, no pictures, but if you can please post some when your on this map.

I left the flags in, CTF in ACCM might be fun... Heheh!

This is also run on my OldenTimes CCM Basewars server, as it is very fair and doesn't really require a base to be built (infact it is totally recommended unless you want your flag exposed, and captured all the time...)

This is completely serverside. It uses the Katabatic .ter file

Just put the vl2 in your Gamedata/base folder

Comments

• Thnx, ill post some shots in a sec...
  • lol... Cool idea. CombatCon or zombies is always fun on Kata.

I'm going to make minor adjustments so I can also make that map suitable for Infection, as well as CombatCon.
  • How different is infection from CCM? Its the same thing wehn you look at the fact nobody cares about scoreing
  • Zaxx, there is a difference... One is... Infection is for fighting zombies... CombatCon is for PVP...
    If you kill anyone considered "Living" in Infection you loose points. And now Infection gives you weapons you wouldn't otherwise have in CombatCon. And I could keep trying to explain all the obvious things... I thought you were smart enough to figure out such an obvious fact... I guess I was wrong? If you are too dumb to realize one is for zombies and the other isn't, then I come to ask you, how do you even know how to get on T2 if you can't figure out something so obvious?
  • Put it this way, were all going to "go" eventually...
  • Blnukem is obviously not in a mood to tolerate questions reasonably. It's best you leave it alone, Zaxx.
  • Combat Con as far as i know is mowing down Zombies, and thats what ill leave it at.
  • Nice, ill check out the map when ever im on Tribes later :D
    I bet its awesome, Katabatic with zombies, bet Rebels cant beat that....
  • that sounds like a really good idea, getting a team to protect a flag carrier mowing through hundreds of zombies =)
  • Should be in the dark, and the only light u get is the illumination off the flag, or flashlites if you have em.
  • Combat Con as far as i know is mowing down Zombies, and thats what ill leave it at.
    You are sadly mistaken, then.

You are a fucking idiot... Grow a freaking brain...
  • that sounds like a really good idea, getting a team to protect a flag carrier mowing through hundreds of zombies =)
    +
    Should be in the dark, and the only light u get is the illumination off the flag, or flashlites if you have em.
    =
    Fun.

And I am sure that combat con is much more than just mowing down zombies, but the first time I played it, that is the impression I got too.
  • Why dont u go define each gametype on the freewebs page you lazy arses.
  • We were hoping you would have enough (un)common sense to say... "oh! Well apparently Infection has something to do with Zombies and Combat Con apparently doesn't."

I guess we over-estimated Zaxxman, then. I guess we lack common sense in a way because we thought Zaxxman had enough brains to make an educated guess about the above. I guess he didn't, did he?
  • just blast the gens in the enemy base to turn off the power, lol...

i have always though that having the objective to turn the gens back on, then cap the flag afterwards while fighting your way through hordes of zombies, would be just plain great

infact, i think ill make a siege map just for that purpose next!
  • Or maybe, you didnt give enough of a clue that they were different,
    i see a big difference in the infection gametype though.
  • Why dont u go define each gametype on the freewebs page you lazy arses.

They ARE defined on the site you moron... And they aren't that hard to figure out... But simple minded retards such as yourself obviously can't figure out such an obvious fact...

Edit: They were defined... The two links on the homepage showed it... But some idiot named "Eolk" decided they were irrelevant and deleted the pages for them...

And still I stress this:
    But simple minded retards such as yourself obviously can't figure out such an obvious fact...
  • We were hoping you would have enough (un)common sense to say... "oh! Well apparently Infection has something to do with Zombies and Combat Con apparently doesn't."

Zaxxman... You know you now have showed us how stupid you really are? Be prepared to be insulted non-stop from me and Eolk.... I despise ignorance... Actually... This isn't ignorance... This is just flat-out retardation... I despise those who can't figure out something so damn simple... First off, look at the name: "Infection" (You probably don't even know what that means) What does it make you think of? Flying Unicorns? Rainbows in Moscow? Wild elk running through meadows? No... It makes you think of zombies... Since you GET INFECTED BY ZOMBIES... Or did you not know that either?

Why would you consider "CombatCon" for fighting zombies if there are two teams, two bases, and the fact that we have only PVP'd on the CombatCon maps? Not fighting zombies? And, since you probably won't comprehend "PVP" it means "Player Versus Player"
    Or since you are so damn stupid, that means you fight OTHER PEOPLE.... Am I going too fast for you zaxx? Should I slow down and use smaller words? Since you still wont understand...

Here, let me put this as simple as I can, I'll use big letters and small words for your idiotic mind:

INFECTION = FIGHTING ZOMBIES ONLY

COMBATCON = FIGHTING OTHER PEOPLE

Understand now Zaxx?... We have said this numerous times to your extremely simple mind... You probably still wont understand... Maybe I should have used bigger letters...
  • Yes, i get it, a moron like you goes and makes too many mods to handle, and people get confused, its simple psycology, but you wouldnt know about that would you?
  • Yes, i get it, a moron like you goes and makes too many mods to handle, and people get confused, its simple psycology, but you wouldnt know about that would you?

Are you seriously that stupid? I only made ONE (1) MOD!!!
    And even so, it is also simple psychology to have common sense. Which you do not have, since you can't comprehend the difference from one gametype where there is only ONE TEAM and ONE BASE and where 100% of the time, people fight zombies. And another where there are TWO TEAMS and TWO BASES and most of the time, people FIGHT EACHOTHER.

Since you didn't see any difference at all, I can assume you have a severe head injury, or you either are retarded or have some other form of a disability. Also, saying I made more than one mod is just outrageous and proves even more that you are incredibly stupid... If I made another mod, can you please tell me what it is? And don't refer to that "Insurgent Mod" crap you always ask about... I was just experimenting with new forms of vehicles for ACCM. But you probably wont understand... Since you never do.
  • He might've confused "mod" for "gametype."
  • OK uhh...one mod is
    Infection
    CombatCon
    CCM
    ACCM
  • You confused mod for gametype, Zaxxman. Infection and Combat Con are gametypes of ACCM.
  • Wow... You are so fucking stupid... It is amazing...

First off... Infection and CombatCon are GAMETYPES...
    And Dondelium_X made CCM... Not me, you idiot...

Let me explain what a Gametype is...

It is like CTF and Deathmatch, they are not mods... They are games that you play in the mod... A mod is all the scripting and variables, datablocks, functions and other crap... But you wont understand that... So a Mod has all the "Majik" in it. A gametype is just a game you play in the mod. You probably wont understand...

CCM is a Mod...
    ACCM is a Mod...
    Metallic is a Mod...
    Quantium X is a Mod...
    ECM is a Mod...

Infection is a Gametype...
    CombatCon is a Gametype...
    CTF is a Gametype...
    Deathmatch is a Gametype...
    Siege is a Gametype...

Understand yet?
  • You need to chill.
  • I can't help it... I hate stupid people... They piss me off so badly... They are like lemmings... Too oblivious of their own existence and everything around them... No purpose in life but to slow the existence of others.
  • You need to chill.
    A little more...
  • Not happening... I lived with the stupid people in my town for my whole life... And to be honest, the reason I'm so hard on Zaxx is because I don't want him to be a "Lemming"
    Mostly because he is a good friend, I don't like my friends becoming too stupid to understand anything... It has already happened too many times in my life... And I'm sick of it...
  • He's not your friend! You don't even know him personally!
This discussion has been closed.