Starsiege 2845?

Hey, I just got this game today, (downloaded it) and id have to say. Nice graphics, great game. Only one question.. Will there be a construction mod for this as well? Or are the script codes complex like Vengeance?

Comments

• Yes, we'll be doing the mod, it's the reason we've got the site. But we'll be doing it later on; once they've got some more done and have switched to the new engine.

Scripting for it is pretty much the same as for Tribes since it's running on Torque.
  • ooohoho man im gonna love this once the first beta con comes out.
  • well wait, once building comes out for it, how will you build buildings..? You cant jet in the game, only super-jump..
  • well wait, once building comes out for it, how will you build buildings..? You cant jet in the game, only super-jump..
    There will be ways to get around. You're playing an unmodified alpha technology release, remember. It's just showing off some neat stuff.
  • Well perhaps the use of scaffolds will finally come into play, as like we dont have jets to build skyscrapers lol (or a Super jump for that matter lol)
  • Well perhaps the use of scaffolds will finally come into play, as like we dont have jets to build skyscrapers lol (or a Super jump for that matter lol)

No kidding! I'm a contractor IRL and the number of times I could've used jets...

/heavy sigh
  • SS:2845 is dead... R.I.P.

Trajan:
    Let me preface this by saying this is NOT a late April fools day joke.

After much discussion with various people on the staff, and looking at potential timelines and where we currently are, Tsa and I (being the primary legal agreement contacts with VU) have made the difficult decision that it's time to put a bullet in this project and move on. This month (April) will mark 4 solid years of time and substantial monetary investment that he and I and a bunch of other people have into the project, and as we're looking at at least another years worth of development with questionable outcome, we've decided the game has reached the point of diminishing returns and it's time to say good night gracie.

We had a window of opportunity to get our stuff out, where it would look fresh and contemporary, but unfortunately due to unavoidable circumstances that window has closed.

Though there were factors out of our control that led to this decision, ultimately as the project leader I will take the final responsibility.

However, at the end of the day we on the staff all know we made nothing short of a monumental effort to bring this thing to fruition, so we have nothing to be ashamed of. I don't think that even our detractors could argue that we made a half-assed run at this. We kept going well past the point that anyone else would have given up, but unfortunately things would just not fall into place. In the end, there were just too many roadblocks thrown in our way that took up too much time and effort to overcome, and that was our doom.

While this is the end of Starsiege 2845, this is not the end for Clancore. The majority of us have decided to continue on and develop our own fictional universe and a corresponding conversion MOD for the upcoming Unreal Tournament 3. In retrospect, this is something we should have done 2 years ago.

On behalf of myself and the staff, I'd like to take this time to thank all the good people that supported us over the years. You, the fans, you've all been great, no one could ask for better. Special mention and thanks goes out to Mhaddy and Maehdros and the rest of the Junkyard crew for all their efforts, and to our excellent moderating staff as well. To our past staff members and contributors, cheers to you guys for your efforts.

Sorry that we were unable to bring the project to completion, but there comes a time when things become obviously untenable and you just have to stick a fork in it and call it done and move on. This is that time.

EDIT: These forums will eventually open back up for the new project, but that will be sometime down the road. I doubt anyone will wish to hang around for that. For those of you that wish to stay in touch with each other, I would offer the suggestion that you use The Junkyard forums.

Take care friends, and god bless.
  • You're a bit late, but no one else posted it. :shrug:
  • You're a bit late, but no one else posted it. :shrug:
    I did, the day after it was announced.
    http://www.the-construct.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74
  • Whatever Krash. Whatever.
  • i am very excited about con mod for the new game.. maybe we will be able to transfer our build files from tribes 2 con.. who knows? anyways im very excited..
  • All we have to work with is the beta. *sigh*

Oh, and hi everyone!
  • Keen is working with a team on a game that's supposed to be similar to Tribes that's going to be free and uses the new Torque engine. The name eludes me right now, but we were talking about how it would be nice to mod Construction on to it, which is definitely doable since it's Torque. It would definitely open it up to a wider audience and make it more accessible.
  • ascension =)
  • and now that I have three posts
    http://www.ascension-game.com/
  • SWEET name.

I'm not being a jerk either, your name is awesome.
  • lol, i made it so i could use the chat binds in the game to say I am, Humans, Blahaha. All in bioderm of couse =P