Scripting and modding tutorials

uhh, hi, we all know who i am, and id like to start learning to code properly on tribes 2, ive been tinkering with .dso and .cs etc, but not properly making my own stuff. if anyone has time over the next week to teach my anything, post here pleeease.

Comments

• Ok. I can assist you in certain areas of coding.

Starters like you should visit:
    http://www.advancedmod.com/Tribes2/tutorials/index.html

I can help you with Chat Commands and The F2 Score Menu.
    I can help you with Adding new Ranks of "Admin" into a server, Dev, Host, Ect.
    Just ask me and I will see if I can show you how to do it.
  • Wow, Thanx
  • Zaxx, if you can't comprehend the difference between ACCM's "Infection" and "CombatCon" gametypes... You are most certainly too stupid to understand anything about coding... So just stop now before you hurt yourself trying to figure out what a "Syntax Error" is.
  • Now, now, blnukem, let's confine that to one thread, please.
  • No, I am going to insult him non-stop until he grows a brain...
  • But, that's not nice. The only reason I insulted him was because I got mad at him calling us "arses."

I feel bad about erasing the information from the site, now. But... yeah, I was expecting everyone to already know... and... have enough sense...
  • Next time... ASK BEFORE YOU DELETE SOMETHING!

-_-'
  • Hey, I didn't expect people to not have enough sense...
  • Not my fault he has an I.Q. of an orange... Actually... An orange is smarter because of the Vitamin C
  • Hahahah....srsly, a syntax error is where something doesnt add up, and you must go and make a "sum" add up to its correct value
    was i right?
  • Before blnukem beats up on you again: No, it's not right for programming (I think the word "syntax error" can be used for like math or something, in which case, you could be right, but I'm not sure). A syntax error is when you have an error in your code; something the compiler can't understand.
  • In simpler terms, it's when something is... How can I put this as simple as I can?...

When something DOESN'T WORK.

If you brought math into programming, then your are very ignorant... I pity your foolishness... And your stupidity...
  • If you brought math into programming, then your are very ignorant... I pity your foolishness... And your stupidity...
    Math has a lot to do with programming.
  • I know, but not with what I'm talking about. ;)
  • You lost me.
  • Then if your lost... I'm not going to find you...
    *sarcasim*
  • *sarcasim*
    Did you mean: sarcasm?
  • Nope, I meant sarcasim.

XD
  • Why dont u shut up and help? XD
    -_-
    Fine, Phantom's Method of teaching doesnt work, DX doesnt have a method, and You 2 just dont care and go about spammin my thread. Whatever. i quit, im goin, i try something new and people just laugh, go laugh then you sad emo's with nobody to talk to.
  • We can talk to each other.

Well, anyways, I learned Torque by looking off of other peoples' code and by reading my C programming language book.
  • Oh yeah, hands up all who has one of those?
    *Eolks hand slowly rises*

And isnt looking off other peoples stuff hackery?
  • And isnt looking off other peoples stuff hackery?

Not at all. If you can download it and look at the source, it's fine, as long as you don't re-release it.
  • If you brought math into programming, then your are very ignorant... I pity your foolishness... And your stupidity...

Excuse me? Can you name a single operation in a program that isn't performed as some sequence of mathematical operations?

Keep in mind that Boolean algebra is a subset of mathematics.

It's all mathematics, even if you are too stupid to realize it.
  • Computers run of advanced math Blnukem. Goes to show you how stupid you are.

Now.. Zaxx... what you need to learn is basic Syntax. I learned code by reading other's code (Websnake taught me the algebra expressions
    IE
    %val+=1;
    %val++;
    if (%val != 0)
    if (%val >= 0)
    etc.)

:D

Just PM me or come in my server for a lesson or 2 :)
  • the only bits i got out of that was 1, |=0 and >=0
  • The only reason I stopped showing you is because DX got me into a non stop chat conversation that I could not get away from.

If you would like to learn how to do it from me though, you need to understand the difference between Datablocks and Functions. Also you need to know where they start and end.
  • the only bits i got out of that was 1, |=0 and >=0
    If you want to learn, you have to be serious about it, y'know. :p
  • If ur always srs then theyres only a really boring mod
    I also need to understand what the "letters" of the language mean