-|Master Chief|- is here!

Hey boys,

I'MMMMM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Independence Day

I was wondering if anyone would give me some commands for Metallic. I got the beta and am hosting, but I dont know how to do things like call in an airstrike or get the Viper. Help Master-Chief!

Comments

• Welcome to the forums :o

Well... with the exception of the designator, we don't have airstrikes, nukes, or any other massive destruction device in Metallic. The mod is designed for constructing. You can add in whatever weapons you feel like yourself of course.
    If you want to use the ion cannon target designator on your server, you can use:
    //givegun designator chief

You can't get the Viper in the version you have though, that's something I just put together yesterday, and it's not very finished.

Here's a little list of most of the chat commands we've got in 1.4b.

Sorry about the formatting.
    Metallic 1.4 Beta - Chat Commands
    Some of these have been replaced or are used differently in 1.5. Also note that you don't need [] around your entry.

(This is attached below as a text file if you'd like to download it)
         1.4b Help Commands:
         //tip rnd				-		Random tips, as you would see when joining the game.
         //help				-		Basic help commands.
         //cmds				-		Lists some commands for different help lists.
         //sizehelp			-		Help with sizing pieces.
         //buddylist			-		Buddylist commands.
         //door				-		Door commands.
         //gatehelp			-		Warpgate commands (requires warpgate)
         //piecehelp			-		Piece commands.
         //RPG				-		RPG commands.
         //Plist				-		RPG purchasable items.
         //assassinhelp			-		RPG Assassin commands.
         //grpg				-		GhostRPG commands.
         //ZDS				-  (Admin)	ZDS functions.
         //admin				-  (Admin)	Some admin commands.
         //admin2			-  (Admin)	Some more admin commands.
         //stuff				-  (Admin)	Stuff by sunnysteps.
         //types				-  (Admin)	A few weapons and items.
         //veh				-  (Admin)	The default vehicle types.
         //tip admin rnd			-  (Admin)	Random admin tip.

1.4b Admin/SA Commands:
         //delpieces [player]		-		Removes the pieces of the specified player.
         //givepieces [player] [player2]	-		Transfers ownership of [player]'s pieces to [player2].
         //givepiecesclient [clientid] [player]	-		Transfers ownership of [clientid]'s pieces to [player].
         //giveorphan [player]		-		Gives all orphaned deployables to [player].
         //summon [player]			-		Brings [player] in front of you.
         //fade				-		Fades the piece infront of your gun.
         //unfade				-		Unfades a faded piece infront of your gun.
         //stationtime [0/1]			-		Toggles the station hold time between normal and fast.
         //tooltime [0/1]			-		Toggles the construction tool time between normal and fast.
         //toss [vel]			-		Toss a vehicle or player in front of you.  Vel can = up to 300
         //savebuilding [radius] [filename.cs]	-		Save a building.  Radius not required.  Put file in admin/ for easy loading.
         //loadbuilding [filename.cs]		-		Load a building.
         //deadmin [player]			-		Removes admin from [player].
         //move [x y z]  -or-  //move [z]	-		Move yourself up down left right forward backward.  Wherever.
         //moveto [x y z]			-		Move yourself to specific coordinates.  Leave blank for center.
         //getpass			-		Get the password to a chatcommand door.
         //goto [player]			-		Moves you to [player]'s location.
         //cloak [player]			-		Cloaks the specified player.
         //freze [time] [player]		-		Locks [player] in EMP for specified time (in seconds).
         //removenoob [player]		-		Removes [player] from the "noob" list.
         //givegun [type] [player]		-		Gives [player] specified gun (or item).  //types for a few.
         //giveall [player]			-		Gives [player] all weapons. Seriously not recommended. Enables cheats, doesn't disable
         //makewarrior [player]		-		Makes [player] a warrior with giant armor and a bunch of weapons.
         //antiw [player]			-		Antiweapon player.  Tosses any weapon they pull out.  May need to perform twice.
         //cvote				-		Cancels a vote in progress.
         //meganoob [player]		-		Changes the [player] name, makes them change sex/voicepitch continuously. No items.
         //turrets				-		Enables or disables the turrets.
         //PSCG				-		Toggles pulse SCG modes.
         //whois [player]			-		Gets the authinfo of a player and displays some of it for you.
         //cpw [colour] [message]		-		Centerprint words.  Displays your coloured message in a box at the center.
         //bpw [colour] [message]		-		Bottomprint words.  Displays your coloured message in a box at the bottom.
         //twoteams			-		Toggles a second team on or off.  Usually used with objective packs and gamemode.
         //pureveh [vehtype] [#]		-		Sets the number of a type of vehicle that can be spawned at the vpad.  //veh for list
         //puregive [itemtype] [#]		-		Sets the items a Pure armor can purchase from the inventory.  //types for some items.
         //mods				-		Not used.  Use //tooltime and //stationtime
         //shieldon			-		Turns your repelfield on.
         //shieldoff			-		Turns your repelfield off.
         //jets [#]				-		Sets the jet mode (0-5).  Leave blank to cycle modes.
         //jeton [player]			-		Gives [player] unlimited energy.
         //jumps				-		Enables / disables super jumps.
         //realrun				-		Enables / disables 'real run' mode.
         //doomfall			-		Enables / disables doom fall mode.
         //grpgset [type]			-  (GRPG)	Sets your GhostRPG mode.  Does not require RPGmode. Off to disable.
         //forcejob [#] [player]		-  (GRPG)	Force a player to take specified job.  Use 'nothing' as the [#] to release them.
         //rpgmode [1/0]			-  (RPG) 		If [1/0] is 1, enables RPGmode. Otherwise disables.
         //RPGedrainmode [1/0]		-  (RPG) 		Enables or disables RPG energy drain mode.
         //cashgiveall [#]			-  (RPG) 		Gives all players up to $500.
         //gamemode [1/0]			-  (Gamemode) 	Enables or disables gamemode.
         //maxpoints [#]			-  (Gamemode) 	Sets the maximum points a team can get before they win the match.

1.4b Player Commands:
         ![player] [message]			-		Sends [message] to [player] in private.
         //setsize [x y z]			-		Sizes objects relative to the object's default size.  Best for exact spine sizes.
         //spine [z]			-		Changes the length of a beam or pad.
         //objectscale [x y z]		-		Scales objects relative to 1m cubed.  Good for crates.
         //name [objname]			-		Sets the name of certain objects.
         //delmypieces			-		Remove all your pieces.
         //radius [#]			-		Sets the toggle range of switches.
         //chalenge [player]			-		Challenge [player] to a duel with a blaster and shocklance.
         //opendoor [password]		-		Opens a chatcommand door.  Password optional.
         //setpass [password]		-		Sets the optional password on a chatcommand door.
         //givecard [player] [lvl]		-		Gives [player] access to your contact lvl doors.  Use 1 - 3 as a lvl.
         //stripcard [player] [lvl]		-		Removes [player] access to your contact lvl doors.
         //setspawn			-		Sets your spawnpoint (requires a deployed point).
         //clearspawn			-		Resets spawnpoint.
         --Note that buddy access to your pieces is ineffectual in 1.4b
         //badd [player]			-  (Buddy)	Adds [player] to your buddylist.
         //bdell [player]			-  (Buddy)	Deletes [player] from your buddylist.
         //blist [player]			-  (Buddy)	Displays a list of your buddies.
         //bchat [message]			-  (Buddy)	Private buddy chatting.
         //reportnoob [player]		-		Reports a [player] as a noob.  Often spammed if players find out about it.
         //revenge			-		Purebuild on, gamemode off, will kill the last person to kill the non-admin sender
         //givepieces [player]		-		Give your pieces to another player.  Doesn't give pieces to an admin.
         //setname [name]			-  (Warpgate)	Sets your warpgate's ID.
         //getfx				-  (Warpgate)	Lists warpgate effects.
         //setfx [fxname]			-  (Warpgate)	Sets a warpgate effect off the list.
         //suckmode [1/0]			-  (Warpgate)	Toggles warpgate suckmode on or off.
         //setdest [destname]		-  (Warpgate)	Sets your warpgate's destination.
         //activate			-  (Warpgate)	Activates your warpgate.
         //togglelock			-  (Warpgate)	Locks your warpgate from other player's use.
         //labeltp	[id] [name]		-		Labels your personal teleport point (F2 menu).
         //getjobs				-  (GRPG)	Lists available jobs in the current GhostRPG type.
         //becom [#]			-  (GRPG)	Accepts a GhostRPG job.  Your chat will be flagged with your job name.
         //givecash [amount] [player]		-  (RPG)		Give some of your cash to [player].
         //showcash			-  (RPG)		Display the amount of cash you have left.
         //showbank			-  (RPG)		Shows the amount of money in your bank.
         //deposite [amount]		-  (RPG)		Put money in your bank account.  Money in the account is untaxable.
         //withdraw [amount]		-  (RPG)		Take some money out of your account.
         //rpgadmin			-  (RPG)	$5000	Become the RPG admin, collect taxes and such.
         //rpgpowerco			-  (RPG)	$3000	Become the power guy.
         //gendrain [player]			-  (RPG)		Requires you to have RPGpowerco.  Drains [player]'s generators.
         //gamble [cash] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]	-  (RPG)		Gamble some of your cash on up to 5 numbers between 1 and 36
         //cashsuck			-  (RPG)	$100	Sucks cash-drop boxes towards you for 4 seconds. 
         //shieldon			-  (RPG)	$1000	Turn on a repel-field for 20 seconds. 
         //becomeassassin			-  (RPG)	$200	Become the assassin.  Gives you a shock rifle and the ability to break neaks with 'R'.
         //resettarget			-  (RPG)(Assassin)	Resets your target.
         //echoTarget			-  (RPG)(Assassin)	Reminds you who you're hunting.
         //addtarget			-  (RPG)		(For normal players) Add a target for the assassin to hunt.
         //cleararray			-  (RPG)(Assassin)	Removes all missions from your hitlist.
         //echoarray			-  (RPG)(Assassin)	Shows all available hits.
         //gettarget			-  (RPG)(Assassin)	Accept a mission.
         //endassassin			-  (RPG)(Assassin)	Quit your night job.  Perhaps your day job pays better anyways.

• Wicked! :cool:

Any chance that there's a command to adjust the amount of rotation? Like maybe 1-5 degrees? I'm having issues figuring out the best way to use the advanced rotate.
    Isn't there a //ConRotAm (control rotation amount)? Or am I thinking of a different version?
  • That command doesn't exist in 1.4b, no. It's just got the standard 5, 15, and 45 degree rotations. Which are fine in most situations, really.
    The way it's currently set up in constructiontool.cs, it only allows for multples of 5, but it shouldn't be too hard to change if it was really needed.
  • I see. So... how do I change the 5, 15 and 45 degree ratation? I seem to be stuck on 15. I could do fine with 5.
  • Well... those three are only on the advanced rotate, and if you were using that it should've defaulted to 5.

The normal rotate itself is pretty much one setting. :x
  • Cool.
    Next question... (sorry bro,)
    How can I change the lighting on a particular map? I've looked all over but I'm probably overlooking the default setting. The map I like (riverdanceV2 I think...) is too dark & cloudy. I used the "relight mission" but that just resets the timer to morning... or... whatever time it starts. lol

Also...(hope you're not getting sick of me yet ;) ,) vehicles and deployable vehicle pads seem to be disabled on the riverdance map. They are enabled in the lobby-admin commands but when I try to deploy a pad it says "disabled" or some such thing.
    Is there a chat or console command to fix this or perhaps somewhere in the map file?
    I tried to open the riverdance VL2 file in notepad but it's all jibberish.

Sorry to bug you so much Krash but... you da man! :cool:
  • "Relight mission" is an ingame option to do what the "Lighting Mission" part of the loader does when you join a game. It's good for when you're working on a map and want to reload the lighting files quite a bit.

.vl2 files are basically .zip archives with a renamed extension. Call it a zip and it should open fine.
    Once you've got it extacted, find "RiverdanceV2.mis" in the missions folder and open it up with notepad...

Scroll down to where you see 'new Sun() {'. Under this will be the properties of the sun; the ones you'll want to be changing are 'color' and 'ambient', play around with them a bit until they look good.

As for the cloudy skies, those are defined in the 'new Sky' section. If you know a map with a sky you like already, you can copy it out of that map and just replace the whole thing. Be careful not to leave out any closing bits or anything though.

For the vehicles, don't think the map disables them, are you sure you haven't got the vehicles disabled in the lobby menu?
  • Wonderful! You're the best, Krash!
    I'd be a whiny puddle of mush without you.
    The lobby menu has the option to disable vehicles... which says to me that they're enabled.
    I'll try again and diable & re-enable them. I'll let you know.
    Thanks a megaton!
  • Were you the same MC in Destruction Construction way back?
  • No that was me. If I recall...
    By the way Krash, were the forums down for like 2 days?
  • By the way Krash, were the forums down for like 2 days?
    I did notice the webserver wasn't responding for a few hours every now and then the past few days. Figure they're just running some updates at the datacenter.