Sport

What you do when you aren't playing on computer or on any other consoles?
I go to cycle or swimming, there is lake about 200 meters from us =P its muddy but you can swim at there.
At the winter there isin't much to do mayby skiing or something like that, i am always waiting for summer

Comments

• Used to play soccer, but quit. Used to play basketball, but quit. Now I play Ultimate Frisbee, and am considering going into Lacrosse.
  • Yaay! Lacrosse is a man sport, good work

I work/work on vehicles/drink when i'm not gamin or coding. Soon i'll have school in that list of activities.
  • Ultimate Frisbee is a gentleman's sport. If you can't play it and be honest, then you're dishonest... and a little sleazy. 'Cuz in Ult, you don't have referees.
  • ultimate frisbee!!!! basketball, weightlifting, but mostly just college. i dont even really play games anymore, im just waiting for ecm pulbic release because i like building complicated stuff with some of the people on my dorm (i used to be an engineering major).
  • I play hockey. but the season ended a few weeks ago ='(
    I also like Snowboarding, but thats not regular..or is it?
  • I like to play basketball and then i like to go swimming! :P
  • Yaaay, swimming!

I love the Puntledge river :D
  • Swim-min! Sweet in the summer, the council put a hole in the bridge, so we could dive from 20 meters into the river. Its even better at the dam, theres a ramp so we dont get sucked in
  • I love the Puntledge river :D
    There certainly are some pretty cool swimming spots in the Valley, but the best are usually a bit hard to find if you've never been before.

On that same note, there are some pretty killer fishing spots if you've got a 4x4 and a canoe handy and head down some of the old logging trails a bit.
  • Yah theres some decent fishin in the valley, at the very least some beautiful lakes

:)
  • Yaay! Lacrosse is a man sport, good work

lol...

Football is a man sport, look into it Eolk.
  • Lacrosse is a full-contact sport, Blnukem. Football isn't. Lacrosse also has an interesting history to it.

Football = rip-off of rugby. ;)
  • Lacrosse is a full-contact sport, Blnukem. Football isn't. Lacrosse also has an interesting history to it.

Football = rip-off of rugby. ;)

Lacrosse is for girls in my opinion. And football is more tactical and more physically demanding, thus, more entertaining. And wtf is "rugby" anyway? The last time I even heard of that game was in a 50's movie.
  • Simply put, Football (Not Soccer, obliv Europeans) and Basketball and maybe Soccer are pretty much my favorite sports. Oh wait? Wtf am I saying? I forgot to add hockey to that list... And NASCAR (Watching it :))... hell.. wtf is wrong with me? Anyway... I played Lacrosse once and thought is was pretty much like Hockey only you run around with tennis-rackets on a soccer field... It just seems pointless to me.
  • You don't have rugby in Jersey?
  • Rugby is what Football derived from (I play it a little myself).

In rugby, you can only lateral, meaning that you have to run, not pass. There's no "downs" either, meaning the gameplay is a lot faster. There's also no protective padding. It's a bit brute, like lacrosse and hurling (which is also another game), but a lot of fun when you aren't injured (no fouls, either :p). It's a whole lot more physical than football, and requires a lot faster thinking.

Lacrosse is more brute and requires faster thinking than football, also. Football may be a more tactical, but it sure isn't more physical than lacrosse or rugby.
  • Anyway... I played Lacrosse once and thought is was pretty much like Hockey only you run around with tennis-rackets on a soccer field... It just seems pointless to me.

As I said... I don't see how that sport is Physically Demanding in your eyes... I played it and thought it was flat out boring... To me, it is basically Hockey for Girls.
  • That could be because you played it with Girls... As in, no contact. Rugby, is like football, but without pussy padding (plus what eolk said)

Lacrosse, is a manly sport, no padding like rugby and you catch and pass the ball with a scoop on the end of a stick, while you attempt to catch/throw people can check you (SMASH YOU) and it's legal...

Football is less manly than these simply because you must wear padding and the game play is relatively easy (you catch and throw, some tackling, but theres "rules" on tackling).

Your rebuttle?
  • *sigh*
    I'm not very sporty but I do like woodworking. When I have time (between work & raising 3 girls,) I like to make furniture and stuff.