Some photoshop..

I wanted to make banner that says something important so here it is
i made that nuclear warfare while practising..
NOTE: they are better viewed on browser ex. firefox, use them if you want
  • Protect sea.jpg
  • Nuclear warfare.jpg

Comments

• They're ok.
  • Grammar Police Says: Comma splice in the first picture. Verb single/plural form confusion in the second picture.
  • I also made some more and created new banner for myself but im not sure about using it...
    here it is:
    DSbannerjpg.jpg
    I also made Banner for my clan, if you have visited on ND sites lately you mayby have saw it, but here it is on its full size
    NDbanner.jpg
    As you see there is picture of rasplands on background because i wanted to mix wow and tribes 2 i would have added tribes guy there but couldnt get them from screenshots... That DS banner was actually test heres tutorial that i tried to follow
    http://www.tutorialguide.net/professional_banner_tutorial.html
  • A few pointers if you really want to get into design with photoshop:
    - Don't use bevel. Seriously. Unless you know specifically how to use it to create the look you're going for, it will come out looking tacky every time.
    - Simplicity works. Just because you are given various styling options and filters does not mean you have to use them. Give it some space, give it a solid look, contrast. If you include text, make it clearly readable and concise.
    - The colour matters. Stick to a theme or tone and use it throughout. Experiment and teach yourself the workings of the program's photo enhancement abilities - try blending one photo element into another without having it look like it was just cut out of a magazine and pasted on.
    - Familiarize yourself with small things like hotkeys and groups early. Groups may not seem important on small three to four layer projects, but if you start using them to organize your elements early on you will save a lot of time down the road.

Clearly you've already found tutorials so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding an answer if you need help, but keep in mind that though you can learn some interesting things through using the tutorials, most of these people are not professionals in the industry. Experiment on your own, and if you run through a tutorial, think it through, look at an image and think how it could be done with what you know already, play around with different ways you could achieve a result. Try not to follow exactly as a tutorial says or go for the same look as someone else has determined - switch it up, make it your own.
    Too many aspiring kids these days just train themselves to produce the same result as they've seen in a tutorial somewhere and never learn to stand on their own feet or create anything truly their own.
  • umm ok... I was going to make animated banner but it totally failed..
  • Animated banners take a lot of layering.
  • ...a LOT...Each letter on my sig was It's own layer...A through M, then M-A through M-E, and so forth...it took a LOT.
  • I made new banner for myself and im going to use it here it is
    AdvancedDSbannercopy.jpg