Unable to get a real construction server started...

I've followed the FAQ and nothing works. I've deleted ALL .dso files except for the ones that are readme and are labeled as do not delete, I've done prepbuild();, I've used the .dso removers... I've even tried renaming the folder to Construction_q..nothing works. Help?

Comments

• What exactly is the problem you're having?

If by "nothing works", you mean that it is loading base/classic/etc and you do not have an option to enable purebuild in the lobby, then that is infact a DSO problem (assuming you have installed the mod in the proper directory and the shortcut paths are correct). You'll also want to verify that you aren't running clientside scripts that may conflict with it.

If not, you'll have to give as many details of your problems as possible to enable us to diagnose and help you solve the problem.
  • The FAQs are quite correct, and have been successfully followed by countless hosts over the years.

Based on your topic subject, your server has none of the Construction deployables, commands, etc.. This means you didn't properly remove DSOs.
  • But I did a search for ALL of the .dso files in my tribes 2 folder and deleted all of them save the read-only files.

-Edit- Would Panama Jack's scripts (I have the all-in-one .exe to install all of 'em), halchecker, or TMMS affect con mod? Also, my Construction folder IS in the gamedata folder. Just to make that clear.
  • Which version of Construction are you using?
  • Which DSO removers did you try?
  • Panama Jack's, the .dso removers that came with both metallic and regular construction, and I did a search for any .dso files in my tribes 2 folder, deleted all except the ones that were read-only
  • Panama Jack's scripts

Yes.
  • PJ's scripts typically interact in a fatal manner with hosting.
  • Alright I'll remove them.
  • thanks, it works now. :D