Help With McAfree

Every time I try to run a Metallic server, McAfree sees it as a Trojan so it stops it from running. How do I tell McAfree that it is not a Trojan?
do84nq.jpg

Comments

• http://www.the-construct.net/forums/showthread.php?t=486

Stingwraith had the same problem you did (he mentioned it was something wrong with Mcafee and BountyGame.cs.dso in-game). I guess you better disable Mcafee, also.
  • You should remove McAfee and replace it with Avast! Antivirus. It does an excellent job of detecting and removing viruses. Also, it's never given me any trouble by conflicting with other games or programs.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
  • I don't think Avast! is a firewall. The fact that it isn't probably means that McAFee is better, because McAFee is a firewall and virus scanner. McAFee also has a few other handy functions.
  • Norton works fine for me
  • Norton works fine for me
    Ok, before people start telling which firewall works for them, let's solve Rysterf's problem first.
  • AVG Anti-Virus FTW
  • Step one: Uninstall McAfee as fast as possible.
    Step two: Do NOT install Norton

edit: What leads you to believe you need a firewall? Are you some high-profile banking company? What makes you think anyone that is experienced enough to "hack your computer" would waste their time on such a useless task? Your firewall is doing absolutely nothing for you right now. If it makes you feel better, enable the Windows firewall. Also, don't be a chump -- install Avast.
  • Take Eehk's Advice, Norton is a memory hog, and unless you have the speed, then your computer games / programs are going to be a lagfest.
  • Every time I try to run a Metallic server, McAfree sees it as a Trojan so it stops it from running. How do I tell McAfree that it is not a Trojan?
    do84nq.jpg

Damn.. Another person has the same Firefox skin i do... AND I THOUGHT I WAS TEH ONLY ONE!1!

:confused::confused::confused:
  • I have that skin too :p
  • Yeah, I would put uninstalling McAfee as a high priority as well.
  • What leads you to believe you need a firewall?
    You don't really need a firewall, it's just it makes you feel "more secure," especially if you're oblivious to what is dangerous when browsing the internet.
  • Well, I'll believe you, but only this time. :p

Dude, uninstall Norton.
  • I agree norton sucks, i have myself norton security scanner somwtimes it pops on when im playing tribes 2 and well i usually get killed because of pop up:(
  • I just finished buying System Mechanic Professional for about well over $60.00, it doesn't take much memory at all.. and it ACTUALLY FIXES YOUR DAMN .DLL PROBLEMS.
    Take this in mind, System Mechanic Pro includes a firewall, antiviruse, and a restore application program.

It got rid of my malware! :)
  • Did it get rid of your constipation too? I thought not.
  • I couldn't help laughing at that... Sorry...
  • My Aunt wont let me uninstall McAfee. :(
  • That's ok. Can you disable the firewall when you host?
  • Did it get rid of your constipation too? I thought not.

Hardy Har har.

At least I have no allergies to anything whatsoever, :lol:
  • My Aunt wont let me uninstall McAfee. :(

I thought I remembered seeing a free-server provider for Tribes 2 somewhere...