SI Quick Installer

Just threw this together earlier today, should be useful for those of you having trouble installing it manually. There's also an optional mini construction client with a few common keybinds thrown in, as well as Flatland if you need it.

The Texas server should be running Structural Infinity, but will probably require a restart sometime tonight.

Install: http://xfer1.the-construct.net/tribes2/etc/StructuralInfinity.exe

If you need to tell someone where to get it, you can say it's on rawr32 under the "etc" section.

Uninstall: 1. Delete the following files:
"Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Tribes2_client.exe"
"Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\structinf_a01.vl2"

If the game has been run since install, delete:
"Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Construction\StructInf\" (directory)
"Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Construction\scripts\autoexec\SIAutoupdate.cs.dso"
and/or
"Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\StructInf\" (directory)
"Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\scripts\autoexec\SIAutoupdate.cs.dso"

2. Remove / modify shortcuts.

Edit: Added a shortcut in gamedata in case you opt out of start menu shortcuts

Comments

• Now how do I remove it? Every time I delete all it's files, then restart my server, they come back.
  • Did you remove the SI vl2 file? And the autoupdater?
    They are auto-installed to base, if you didn't notice.
  • Why are you even deleting it? You can host without SI even if you have SI downloaded
  • Did you remove the SI vl2 file? And the autoupdater?
    They are auto-installed to base, if you didn't notice.

No shit... I did notice. I'm not some moron. I had it deleted after I posted my first message, the problem was I managed to install it twice... Rofl... Twas funny when I discovered it.

And Nao, I don't want SI on my server, that's why I am deleting it. Not that hard to figure out.
  • Yeah, the auto-updater is a bit of a hassle. I don't use it on mine, I just have the client and server files where they're needed instead of having the updater run every time it boots.

The SI vl2 file isn't in addition to the auto-updater Turey, it contains the auto-updater. :p

I'll add an uninstallation note in the first post.
  • And Nao, I don't want SI on my server, that's why I am deleting it. Not that hard to figure out.
    Yes.. thats why i was telling you you can host without SI without completely removing SI.
  • I'm guessing he does not want any trace of SI anywhere in his tribes 2 at the moment.
  • Running the SI client itself does not affect your server in any way.
  • Thread split.
    I might have moved a couple posts that were on topic with those.
    Should try to keep this thread clean and on topic in case someone actually needs to look through it or ask a question.
  • A question, why doesn't SI work? I downloaded it, did the auto run and delete all dso files. It says it works when I log in but the pieces are like there is no SI and the SI count says 0. I have no clue whats wrong.
  • Did you create a shortcut or batch file that uses the SI executable (Tribes2_client.exe)?
  • You may need to wait up to a minute after logging in for the file to download.

If you did run it from the shortcut and did get the green centerprint, it is working.
    Nothing else should appear any differently, and you will only be able to see the effects by loading more than 1024 pieces.
  • ok, SI works to build past the limit but loading.... it loads to the limit thats it.