rank problem

sorry if this has been posted in another thread.
everyone on my server is a private. :(

ca i fix it or do i have to start over?

Comments

• You said you reinstalled ACCM a few days ago, so of course this is going to happen. You need to "start over" as you said.
  • no, cant be. it worked fine yesterday, and when i reinstalled it i used the ranks from before.
  • What Nukem said was right. You have to start all over when installing a new ACCM, unless you keep your RankStuff.cs.
  • i did, (well i must have) i reinstalled it over two weeks ago and it worked fine, i haven't touched it since.
  • If you don't delete DSOs regularly, then, that might've created a "rank cache" from the RankStuff.cs.dso. When you deleted that DSO, it probably reset all the ranks.
  • Maybe I should make a script that deletes that .dso when the server starts up.
  • i do delete it regularly :( every time i start up my server, EVERY TIME
  • I just delete them when something doesn't work on my server. ;)
  • The Ranks information is saved in a .cs file, Unless if you played stupidity and deleted it, I see no reason for the ranks to reset.
  • well it happened again this week! :( wth?! i touched nothing!
  • When i hosted my server, the same thing happened, but that was after I did a disk cleanup and a disk defragment. Would those have an effect on a .cs file?
  • Nukem and I never have these problems. I'll search for bugs, but, I can't say much else if I don't find anything, other than if maybe you have security software tampering with the files (like McAFee or PC-Cillin).