Work in Progress: Ship

This is my new ship I've been working on. It still has a long way to go, such as texturing and building all the stuff for the inside, but the frame is mostly done.

Cmdrbob is helping with a few parts of the ship, and making some sort of story behind it (I think, like what kind of ship it is and such). Next I will either finish up the outside with texture and weapons, or start the inside. The ship will probably end up being about.. 5000 to 6000 pieces, its already 1200.

The pics here just show a few main parts of the ship, and some rooms. I'll add more as I make progress.
  • screen2.png
  • screen3.png
  • screen5.png
  • screen6.png
  • screen7.png
  • screen8.png
  • screen9.png
  • screen10.png
  • screen11.png

Comments

• This ship is sick.

I need to reinstall T2 on Windows so I can use SI.
    Or hell, I just got a Wine upgrade... I can try that
  • This ship is sick.
    Should I get it some soup and medicine?
  • No, i baked a cake, it should cure its sickness.
    • Cake.png
    Cake.png 136.1K
  • This ship is sick.

I need to reinstall T2 on Windows so I can use SI.
    Or hell, I just got a Wine upgrade... I can try that
    Wine seems to work perfectly, assuming you strip out the IRC related scripts.

The only glitch I noticed was having to press the global chat key twice to get the menu to pop up.
  • Nao, your ship is awesome so far, and I like the microwave and cake pics too.
  • The microwave is a part of his signature. :)

Killer ship Naos'e
  • The microwave is a part of his signature.

It's still nice though
  • I are noob *facepalm* (lie)
  • (lie)
    You're flattering yourself right there. :p
  • I've been lazy, and working on other stuff, but I finally got the exterior nice and textured. It is mostly black, so it blends in to space, and has a new set of engines.

I'll work on the inside today a bit.
    • screen1.png
    • screen3.png
    • screen5.png
  • Nao stole my muffin. :(
  • nice ship :)
  • [lie]naos ship sucks[/lie] *facepalm*
  • A nice ship i would love a challangeing build just need an idea
  • how about... a land speeder? :D
    Or an actual bane blade tank! :D that would be really cool.

oh and your grammar is wrong there's no apostrophe in "ive's".
  • Tsk tsk tsk... I leave for a while and finally return and this is what I find? Sombody actually building somthing halfway cool?!

no no no no... i MIGHT HAVE TO REINSTALL TRIBES2 and show how ship building is really done ;)
  • If you come back war, I'm coming back.
  • lulz, yeah War you need to show us how to build ships.
    Just an fyi Krash and I are building a ship so great that you will poop your pants.
  • You should install T2 again, and make a giant ship of awesome giantness

Also, yeah.. i was playing Halo when you IM'd me
    Just an fyi Krash and I are building a ship so great that you will poop your pants.

And could we get a quick peek Screenshot of this ship that will make us poop our pants?

And whos is this shane character I hear about that has to keep helping everying? ;)

...o well prolly nobody... prolly just Sunquan in disguise =D

Theres just one thing your ship lacks over warlords, and thats creativity.

He made some of the weirdest, (yet, most unique ships) most likely ever made.
  • Yeah his ships were cool as hell. Like straight out of some anime cartoon or something. Unique designs, but perfect and fun.
  • Even I, the most arrogant builder there is, fear War's ship designs. To be honest, even after all I've learned in con mod, I don't think I have the creativity to match the ships War's made in his life time. That won't stop me from trying though :>
  • Just posting for an update...

I have started building... somthing... Dunno when i will finish it... Possibly by the end of next week it will be ready for inside buildage but that might be delayed depending on how much stuff i decide to add to it... here are what im planning on making some of its features:

*Huge beam Cruiser (made of beams not crates) (going back to the basics, advanced basics)
    *Ship launching area (2 control pad thingies that spawn teh ships)
    *Control tower
    *(possibly) Six Spider leg weapon thruster combo things.
    *Escape pod bay
    *2 huge UFO shaped things on the top OR bottom part of the cruiser (havent decided yet) with thrusters on them (those would be the ships main thrusters)
    *big wings?
    *lounge?
    I will need help prolly with inside unless i want to spend another month building stuff for it... which i could.
    then i need to figure out how to devide rooms up and stuff... thats always the part i have problems with... sigh

If you would like to help or see it later aim me at W4rl0rdx, thx :D
  • Wow, that's an amazing ship!

I hear the piece limit's been broken. >.>
  • Theres just one thing your ship lacks over warlords, and thats creativity.

You're way off base there Bob. We set out to make something our own - but close enough to something else to be recognizable to fans of the game. That is, we used a circle and two parallel arms.
    Every single element built after using a general idea for the shape is an entirely new and from our own minds. Everything was built to scale, by hand, without any correlation to any existing design.

Due to the sheer scale of the thing, it can safely be said that no single building in the history of the game has come close to the amount of detail and creative work we have, and will continue to put into the thing.
  • So why dont you post some pics of it then?!
  • warlord, there are tons of pics lol..
  • I has seen it and pooped my pants. Its is teh Crazy. Krash and Shane are truly some of the best ;)