New Construction Server! (W.I)

Yes! A new TC server is up, All thanks to Vazolyth!!

W.I Server (Wisconsin), is up and running the latest Metallic version. (1.4).

TC Is slowly taking over :p

Comments

• It's hosted on a dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHz server running Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) SP2, with 10 GB of ram. I know thats WAY overkill for this game, but hey; GO BIG OR GO HOME.

As soon as we (my dad & I) get this error fixed, we'll have a very powerful server running.
  • I will be managing it while my brother is gone for Basic Training in Oklahoma, he is leaving on Monday, July 07th.
  • Still can't believe he's leaving, I mean dude, he just came back :mad:
    But yea TC has like what 4 servers now?! [vgca]!
  • W.I is back???
    I thought we had a W.I once, run by papa^bear,
  • You're thinking of The-Construct WA (Washington), ran by Eehk. PapaBear ran The-Construct Utah.
    Yes! A new TC server is up, All thanks to Vazolyth!!

Now, all we need is an east coast server...

Just a note: If you do run Metallic 1.4, you might want to fish the cubic replace exploit out of there.
  • Eolk is running the code behind TC WI, he has FTP access to the Tribes 2 folder on the server. I'm begging Krash to give me his version of Metallic too :P
  • It's hosted on a dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHz server running Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) SP2, with 10 GB of ram. I know thats WAY overkill for this game, but hey; GO BIG OR GO HOME.

As soon as we (my dad & I) get this error fixed, we'll have a very powerful server running.
    2008/07/04 23:26.46 -(z0r)-Vazolyth: Yeah, Windows Server 2003 64-bit
    2008/07/04 23:26.56 -(z0r)-Vazolyth: it's a dual xeon 3.4GHz
    2008/07/04 23:26.58 -(z0r)-Vazolyth: 10GB of RAM
    Typo, somewhere?
  • FTP access to a construction server? I like the sounds of that.
  • J'deteste
  • Elec, it's 2.4 GHz, and there's no need for you to be my spellcheck, thanks.

At the moment, there's a wierd bug with the master browser saying it's 995 MHz. And playing in-game is a bit choppy, but can be fixed by typing $timescale=0.99; in the console.
  • Yes! A new TC server is up, All thanks to Vazolyth!!

I'd host, but my router doesn't like port forwarding..
  • WOW THATS ALOT OF &*@%(^(&# @$$%# @ (@*)$@*()$

RAM..... WTF?!?!?!?!

"10GB of RAM"
  • That's average for servers. There's a SUN server sitting 3 shelfs to the right that has 64 GB of ram...
  • TC Is slowly taking over

:rolleyes:

And playing in-game is a bit choppy, but can be fixed by typing $timescale=0.99; in the console.
    The game wasn't designed to utilize multiple processors. Try setting the affinity to a single processor and use setPerfCounterEnable(0);

That's average for servers. There's a SUN server sitting 3 shelfs to the right that has 64 GB of ram...

Not average, no. I wish it were.
  • Krash you never answer your aim D:...

or am i on the AIM bug again
  • Somebody should make The-construct european server
  • Not average, no. I wish it were.

I should've been specific, average at SupraNET; If only it were average everywhere ;)
  • The-Construct-EU :D

Oh, and Whats with the Choppyness on WI??
  • The game wasn't designed to utilize multiple processors. Try setting the affinity to a single processor and use setPerfCounterEnable(0);
    We haven't followed those instructions yet.
  • Somebody should make The-construct european server
    We only need 1 or 2 True dedicated servers running at any one time. Since there is no time of day to worry about, or masses of players on that affects gameplay, there is no point in having WI, EU, or any other variation of TC Servers. What they should have is Different Mods. One Metallic, one CCM, One Quantium, etc. Hell, I may let someone have Cobramax's Vehicle Mod for a Dedicated TC Server.

Oh, and whats this Order of the Hammer Business?
  • What they should have is Different Mods.
    That's probably a good idea. WI shouldn't host Metallic, it should host... uhh... what SHOULD it host?
  • *cough*
  • I don't think it'll host ACCM, Nukem. We can try, though! :)
  • It should host Foo..err, MooCon!

Actually, I'ld love to see a server with Cobramax's vehicles!
  • How about some Sutallic?
  • Classic!
  • The-Construct stays Construction.
  • Hmm
    Foocon, Quantium, ECM, Metallic, CCM, T2RPG, ACCM, or CDM
  • It's "MooCon". :)

Why not make a poll? A dedicated 24/7 ACCM server would be nice... provided we can fix the choppiness.