couple of quick questions

hey everyone i'm new obviously.....

anyways i happened to fall back into tribes 2 and was trying to find all my old mods and such and get everything working when i stumbled across this site.

its been awhile since i played tribes so i cant remember how to do some stuff. mostly just with placing and using mods.

im reinstalling the game because the construction mod got messed up and its acting funny. so im gonna have a clean start.

so anyways 1st question even though the mods are very straight forward i just want to double check and reconfirm i'm doing it right. basically u install the mod in its own folder under the gamedata folder correct? then run the dso remover and thats it? i did that before and some of the mods dont even work or i only get bits and pieces of some of the mods.

2nd question which construction mod do you all really recommend. i'm going to get si for sure but i want to know what other ones are worth it. and is it ok to stack the mods. like say if i were to dl all the con mods and just have them in their own folder?

3rd question how do you get the stupid mpm to work? i remember having a ton of trouble with it before and just havent been able to get it to work.

4th question what all servers do you all really recommend and if you wouldnt mind a link to it that or ill just search it.

thats guys and sorry for the super long post.

Comments

• 1st question isnt a question, yes, that is right.
    2nd question Well, you can choose metallic, ACCM, CCM 3.2>. theres plenty at http://dl.rawr32.net/mods/
    3rd question, umm, mpm....ask someone else.
    4th question, The-construct 'BC ftw. also, defluns ACCM, The-construct 'TX (SI), and =rebels= is fun now and again.
  • You can get more mods here.
  • 1: Yes, drop the mod folder in gamedata, then, run a DSO remover if the mod isn't in DSO format!!! Construction mod has DSOs in the do_not_delete folder. These DSOs are read-only, so most programs will skip over them. After done doing this, click on the shortcut.
    2. Some mods you cannot stack. I know some of Quantium's client stuff messes with Metallic and UEs. You can get construction mods at http://www.rawr32.net/
    3. Verify you're running 0.70 (or another mod that supports MPMs), then follow these directions:
    --->1. Get an MPB from the v-pad and deploy it. Once it is deployed, it should have lots of missiles on it. If not, type $mpm::nukempb = 1; in the server console and try deploying again. If that doesn't work, open MPM_base.cs, change the variable, then restart the server.
    --->2. Get on the left launch pad to get a targeting pack. Jump off and deploy three targets in a triangle shape. The targets should turn green and point towards where it's going to shoot.
    --->3. After that, take a PACK DISPENSER from the Pack part of your inventory. Use your HEALTH KIT key to scroll to "[Misc. Deployables]" and use your BEACON key to scroll to "MPM_ammo". Deploy near the MPB. Repeat this step, but, this time, get "MPM_fuel" instead.
    --->4. Stand on the MPM_ammo and load up the MPB by deploying on the turret-looking things on the side. Repeat until necessary ammo to fire the payload you wish is filled.
    --->5. Then, stand on the MPM_fuel and do the same thing.
    --->6. Next, get on the left MPB pad and select your target (directions should be in a bottomprint) and payload, then, fire away!
    4. The-Construct BC/TX/WI and any ACCM server. :p

Sorry about the text being so messy. I didn't feel like formatting it. :D
  • 2) ACCM, CDM, ECM, and Metallic. Those are the mods I play

3) The-Construct BC, The-Construct TX, Naosyth's Servers (Both ECM and CDM), ACCM Official Server
  • 2. Metallic, ECM, and ACCM

3. The-Construct BC, The-Construct TX, ACCM Official Server.. and any other ACCM server :p
  • thanks guys i really appreciate the help

edit: so i ran into a strange problem. when i deploy light support beams they are all messed up. the extend to either end of the map and are flat against the ground. that and vehicles spawn in the ground. anyone know whats up with that?
  • The DSO files in your scripts/do_not_delete/ directory were deleted. Re-install the mod or get them here:

http://www.the-construct.net/Dfunctions.cs.dso
    http://www.the-construct.net/loadscreen.cs.dso
  • thanks for your help
  • rawr when i put the do not delete files back in i now get an unhandled exception while they are in........
  • What mods do you have? Which mod are you trying to run?
  • well i have con .70 metallic moocon final and si each in their own folder, but it doesnt really matter which one i try to use the game crashes reguardless. im gonna reinstall tribes 2 again i realized i forgot to clean out the base folder with the latest reinstallation
  • Do you have PJs scripts?
  • nope dont even know what that is. but i did a complete fresh install and reinstalled the mods and the unhandled expression is gone, but now the mods dont completely work. lol sry i having so many stupid problems.

should i keep the mods out of the base folder and keep them in their own separate folder in gamedata or should i pull them all into the base folder?
  • you put the mod's .zip file in gamedata, NOT BASE at all, it makes its own folder when you "extract here"
  • yeah thats what i have been doing but for some reason its not working this time. im going to do another clean install and then try agian