I made some turbogravs in Gmod!

I made a couple of aircraft based on the Shrike (Raven) and the Thundersword (Reaver) in Gmod. In total, they both took me about 6 hours. Most of the time was spent just tweaking and getting the Raven to fly. The Reaver doesn't fly yet, but I've got it to balance while hovering.

Don't forget that these were only based on the T2 turbogravs, not trying to copy them directly.

Raven
gmflatgrass0077qf0.jpg

Reaver
gmflatgrass0093mn2.jpg

Please note that neither are completely finished, and that pic of the Raven is outdated. The current version has winglets like the front one at the rear on the top engine. For those of you that do play Gmod, I might upload an adv dupe if I make them easier to fly and add weapons.

EDIT: Oh yes, I'm also going to replace the Raven's cockpit with one similar to the Reaver (IE an upturned bathtub coloured transluscent yellow)

Comments

• Heh, nice.
  • God damn, getting them to fly is proving to be a real bitch. There are some balancing issues with both of them, and Adv Dupe doesn't seem to enjoy saving thrusters properly. I'm NOT going to resort to hoverballs, though, that's just cheap. Changing weights on either side is out of the question because that will cause a bigger problem than it fixes. Currently, piloting them is impossible without a joystick due to the constant need of control. I could make them fly like normal aircraft (IE not VTOL) but then they won't be as fun to fly. Oh well, I'll work something out.

Anyway, instead of having just plain grey areas, I've used the winter camo material to make them look a bit more interesting.
  • For those of you who are interested, we should have a The-Construct garry's mod server for you guys to use sometime soon. Stay tuned.
  • For those of you who are interested, we should have a The-Construct garry's mod server for you guys to use sometime soon. Stay tuned.
    Yaaaaay! Krash, do you know how to make stuff in GarrysMod? I'm not so good at it. ;)
  • God damnit, I can't be bothered with Gmod anymore. Damned advanced duplicator just bloody well broke.

If you're gonna start a server, make sure it's passworded. Don't want any mingebags on it.
    Also, reccomended list of mods:
    Adv Dupe
    Weight STool
    Stacker
    Wire
    Massless thrusters
    Multi nocollide
    Breakable props
    Phx model pack 3
    Smartsnap

You'll need nothing more.
  • Don't want any mingebags on it.
    GMOD used to come with a "mingebag" blocker. :p
  • Well yeah, that was an addon, but it was a silly idea. At least 75% of the time, the mingebags on my server weren't idiots.

Gmod 9, or Gmod10?

If it is 10 then I have to connect through hamachi :\, not interested in buying a 10 dollar mod online, lol.
  • It's worth 10 dorras, that's nothing when even some of the crappiest games cost more. Besides, Gmod 9 is absolute shit compared to 10. It's no longer supported, and the addons that are still available for it are practically impossible to locate.
  • were can i get this mod?
  • http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=4000

Costs 9.99. Doubt you have a source game, so, get the Counter Strike: Source bundle.
  • Buy or not to buy it, thats good question.
  • u have to pay?
  • you had to pay for tribes, no?

personally i don't think its worth it, i bought it and played it like.. 3 times... ever
  • I find that the only people who don't think it's worth it are the ones who don't understand it. It took barely any getting used to when I got Gmod 7. You can do alot more in Gmod than you can in ConMod. Plus the better graphics, and constant updates.
    FRIKIN SWEET!!!! A REPLACEMENT UNTIL I CAN GET THE ACTUAL GMOD! Thanks Krash, you made my day, i hope it works out well, if yo need any help, feel free to ask, i wont be of much help, but i may be able too.... im pretty smart for a 13 yr old
  • Please do not revive dead threads. :(

And G-mod really isn't worth buying, I have a pirated version and all I ever do is kill NPC's. I've built a few things here and there, but it's just not worth it, too boring.
  • Dark arts!?! here?!

GET THE FIRE. WE GOT OURSELVES A WITCH!
  • Gmod is worth of buying and it has many hawt gamemodes like stranded, i have been lately only playing it (till i got spore). [HTML]Here is link http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=57195[/HTML]
    Remember to checkout facepunch thread.
  • Gmod is worth of buying and it has many hawt gamemodes like stranded, i have been lately only playing it (till i got spore). [HTML]Here is link http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=57195[/HTML]
    Remember to checkout facepunch thread.

G-mod is boring as fuck, not worth 10 dollars, more like 10 cents. Hell... Not even worth 10 cents.
  • Whats a Gmod?
  • It's fun, but, different than Tribes 2. It was really addicting for a few days for me, then I dunno, just lost interest.
  • Whats a Gmod?

G-Mod = Gay Mod
  • Come on Blnukem, its your oppinion, i got Gmod awhile ago from steam, its really fun at start, oh and thanks for the link to the stranded gamemode, sounds fun, ill try it out once my desktop starts running again. P.S: My steam id is lorewind509 , i have HL:2 eps 1 and 2, the whole orange box. next im getting is CS:S

.::Edit 1::.
    Damn... needs CS:S, oh well, i have a 3 day trial, im going to save all the textures for it, save them else where, like on a secondary drive, in a folder that doesnt have a name like Counter Strike: Source, so that way steam doesnt delete the files if it does do that, then after the trials done, if i dont have the files anymore, Plop, just gonna move then back to the folder, and voila, i have all my textures back.

.::Edit 2::.
    hope fully i haz enough room for all my games :(

gonna have to get my dad to let me install steam in a different directory, becuase when i install it into my C: Drive, it already has all my windows stuff in it, and my last steam folder was like, 18 -19 gb, so if i install it else where i can have more room

.::Edit 3::.
    if steam even lets me... (Stupid steam.....)
  • The edit button is your friend.

And thanks for reviving a dead topic.
  • Hey that's my quote... :mad: