Elec i need your mod

Hurry, im bored. :(

Comments

• fix it yourself. lazy.

Better yet, make me a robot.
  • fix what myself? a mod?? lolz

and btw i'm making a ship, no robots for you!!
  • Nao is testing a public version of ECM for me right now. He is looking for any potential glitches as a result of my anti-stealing code. If it's all clear in 3 days, I'll release a minimally restricted public version of ECM for everyone.
  • Nao is testing a public version of ECM for me right now. He is looking for any potential glitches as a result of my anti-stealing code. If it's all clear in 3 days, I'll release a minimally restricted public version of ECM for everyone.

what do you mean by "minimally restricted"?
  • YAY im gonna host it!
  • hes gonna put little bits in for open use.
  • hes gonna put little bits in for open use.

Pretty much that.

Well, It would be quite ironic if its released tomorrow, seeing the fact that my hosting computer is going to be fixed tomorrow.
  • I doubt it will be tomorrow, I was going to use it for 3 days and see if i encounter any bugs.. and I have.

My game froze, while i was tabbed out working on clientside stuff.
    It said, "Electricutioner's Construction Mod has detected an access violation in the script system of type 000. Please notify the development team of this error. To restore operation please restart the server."
  • Is that in the dedicated server mode?
  • Yeah, with SI enabled
  • argh.... someone just send me the mod over aim =P
  • Yeah, with SI enabled
    You had the game running and it gave you the error when you Alt-Tabbed?

If it is due to an alt-tab from fullscreen mode, I expect that error will be pretty rare. Execution has to be interrupted in the middle of a specific tamper check for that to happen.

I'll make a version available to the public in 2 days.
  • No, im always in windowed mode, and I have been alt tabbing all day.. I dont think it happened instantly when i alt-tabbed, either
  • Well, if the tamper sensing code is false tripped on a regular basis, I'd be concerned, and I'd reprogram them for some tolerance.

Otherwise, I'm 100% ready for release on the 18th of August. This public version of ECM will function for 4 months, by which time I fully expect I'll have Beta 9 ready.

As far as restrictions go, it's a bit of a list...
    1) You aren't allowed to use the closed source components in any other mod.
    2) You aren't allowed to reverse engineer the closed source components.
    3) You aren't allowed to tamper with certain functions in the closed source components.
    4) You aren't allowed to fork a new mod from my codebase.

You are allowed to make small customizations to the mod, and to look at the components that I've left as open source. A lot of the low level functions (power, deploying, movement, saving/loading) work differently in ECM than they do in other construction mods. Just about everything has been tweaked to some extent.

If someone has a really good reason for wanting access to some closed source components, I can make case-by-case exceptions. I'll happily answer most questions about interfacing with closed source components (like the saving system), but not about the technical design of things like the tamper sensing code.
  • Well, if the tamper sensing code is false tripped on a regular basis, I'd be concerned, and I'd reprogram them for some tolerance.

Otherwise, I'm 100% ready for release on the 18th of August. This public version of ECM will function for 4 months, by which time I fully expect I'll have Beta 9 ready.

As far as restrictions go, it's a bit of a list...
    1) You aren't allowed to use the closed source components in any other mod.
    2) You aren't allowed to reverse engineer the closed source components.
    3) You aren't allowed to tamper with certain functions in the closed source components.
    4) You aren't allowed to fork a new mod from my codebase.

You are allowed to make small customizations to the mod, and to look at the components that I've left as open source. A lot of the low level functions (power, deploying, movement, saving/loading) work differently in ECM than they do in other construction mods. Just about everything has been tweaked to some extent.

If someone has a really good reason for wanting access to some closed source components, I can make case-by-case exceptions. I'll happily answer most questions about interfacing with closed source components (like the saving system), but not about the technical design of things like the tamper sensing code.

Well, that's good news. And with good timing (CPU Being Fixed).
    I have one big question relating to the system.

After the four month period does the mod "expire" and become unusable? If so, that's a great idea, especially for security issues.
    argh.... someone just send me the mod over aim =P

You should never rush final checks. Everything must be accounted for before a release.
  • =/ i distinctly remember a year ago where you said you want to work on something beyond t2...
  • Congratulations on the release. Its great fun for expert builders. I snapped this photo while I was in-game.

EDIT:
    Just a bug to be aware of Thyth, whenever you switch to the Redeemer, and then to another weapon you get an error on line 416 from the structural infinity that reads:

StructInf/Server.cs (416): Unknown command setGhostable.
    • img1.JPG
    img1.JPG 146.5K
  • quick tip, nobody really cares what your desktop looks like when you're submitting an in-game image...so use ALT+Print Screen and just snap a shot of T2...
  • You are allowed to make small customizations to the mod, and to look at the components that I've left as open source. A lot of the low level functions (power, deploying, movement, saving/loading) work differently in ECM than they do in other construction mods. Just about everything has been tweaked to some extent.

Thyth, you mean like adding our own chat commands to the mod? But my concern after that would be where is the help command located at? Because I do not want to tamper with anything on the system.
  • Most of the chat commands are open source, including the help. Look around.
  • found the help command.
  • I was bored a couple of afternoons ago and I rewrote some parts of the tamper sensing code. False positive rates were unacceptable due to random process preemption screwing up some of the metrics on a far too frequent basis. I have made some extensive modifications to vastly reduce the probability that a random glitch will result in server termination. Again, this hasn't been through a full scrutiny, and in certain cases random glitches can, theoretically, still trip the tamper sensing code. However, it hasn't come up at all in my limited testing.

Download URL: http://absolous.no-ip.com/files/ECM_Pub_0.8b_r2.rar
    The only file that has changed is the monolithic ECMFunctions.cs.dso, so if you have made modifications to other files, you can just copy over that one.
  • YAY Thyth-o-Cutioner!
    You da man!

*Does the happy dance*
  • This public version of ECM will function for 4 months, by which time I fully expect I'll have Beta 9 ready.

No wonder I can't get ECM to run. Do you have an updated version Thyth?
    So far, your mod's my favorite and I miss it.

faggot

Funny coming from you since you've constructed with my daughter... :rolleyes:
  • Funny coming from you since you've constructed with my daughter... :rolleyes:
    hmmm?
    whos your daughter?
  • Funny coming from you since you've constructed with my daughter... :rolleyes:

Are you implying shrimp was playing with barbies? :lol:
  • hmmm?
    whos your daughter?

You are.
  • No wonder I can't get ECM to run. Do you have an updated version Thyth?
    So far, your mod's my favorite and I miss it.
    Replace the ECMFunctions.cs.dso in Construction/scripts/ElecMod with http://absolous.no-ip.com/files/ECMFunctions.cs.dso and you'll be good until July.