Someone anwser this Question in detail, please.

Okay, how exactly to the letter do I get the chat on my server to show up on some kind of window so I don't have to be in the server to read the chat.

Comments

• Krash Knows, ^_^
  • Well, no one awnsers pms, so I do ask someone to post it.
  • It's not like you have provided that much detail on what you wish to accomplish.

Do you wish to
    • see the chat in the dedicated server console
    • have a separate application connect to the server and display the text and whatnot?
    • do something completely different
  • What mod are you running and what specifically do you want it to do?
  • ACCM 1.3.1, or the newest version, when ever it comes out. And I wish to see the chat inside the consol, or some other window that is comming from the server.
  • Well, you host the server on the same computer you play tribes 2, so, looking from the dedicated console is probably the best option.
  • The dedicated consol doesn't show chat... does it?
  • It can, if you know what you're doing.
  • No, I don't know what I'm doing... I think...
  • Can you explain what to do, I follow directions very well.
  • In message.cs, just insert a line under the chat functions to echo all the messages....

I can explain it in more detail if the need arises.
  • ACCM should already route all messages to a single function for logging purposes, so instead of making modifications to all the message functions you need only add a few lines. However, the function it uses is in a closed source file in the version you have, so you'll need to append it in a package.
    So, simply add this to server.cs:
    package logmahcat {
    function ACCMChatLog(%client, %msg, %type, %target)
    {
       parent::ACCMChatLog(%client, %msg, %type, %target);
       error(%client.nameBase @ (%t $= "[PRIVATE]" ? " (to "@%target.nameBase@")" : %t) @": "@ %msg);
    }
    }; if (!isActivePackage(logmahcat)) activatePackage(logmahcat);

PS: I took a quick glance in the file, and it looks like any canned chat will go through as blank. If you want to fix that, in message.cs:
    • Change "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %a2, 1);" to "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %string, 1);" on line 326
    • Change "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %a2, 0);" to "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %string, 0);" on line 476
  • Now, how do I actvate this so I can read it?
  • Just open up your dedicated console.
  • are u guys talking about the button under escape ~?
  • ACCM should already route all messages to a single function for logging purposes, so instead of making modifications to all the message functions you need only add a few lines. However, the function it uses is in a closed source file in the version you have, so you'll need to append it in a package.
    So, simply add this to server.cs:
    package logmahcat {
    function ACCMChatLog(%client, %msg, %type, %target)
    {
       parent::ACCMChatLog(%client, %msg, %type, %target);
       error(%client.nameBase @ (%t $= "[PRIVATE]" ? " (to "@%target.nameBase@")" : %t) @": "@ %msg);
    }
    }; if (!isActivePackage(logmahcat)) activatePackage(logmahcat);

PS: I took a quick glance in the file, and it looks like any canned chat will go through as blank. If you want to fix that, in message.cs:
    • Change "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %a2, 1);" to "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %string, 1);" on line 326
    • Change "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %a2, 0);" to "ACCMChatLog(%sender, %string, 0);" on line 476
    I feel ashamed for being too lazy to post this myself. :(