Spore

I bought it yesterday in the afternoon, and I have to say, I got alot more than I expected. I've gone from a single cell to a spaceship in 8 hours, It was pretty cool.
I also liked how you can make planets that have no atmosphere, actually have atmosphere by working with T-Levels.

I'm going on too much, I have a good question, Who else bought this game? I almost skipped school just to play it.

Comments

• I have it, but am unable to play it as it crashes whenever one of the editors are opened or it moves from one stage to the next.
  • I have a similar problem just like that. Whenever I engage combat with foreign space crafts (pirates), my game crashes.

I think they came out with a couple of patches for the game though, have you tried them?
  • The bloody game is awesome.
    It's just incredible how Maxis manages to make games that could easily be extremely childish not childish.
    Heck, it even has some violence in it, you can kill cute creatures and then eat their flesh.
  • i got this game, annoyingly, the drm means you can install the game 3 times, then it refuses to work, the limiter on this drm cannot be reasoned with, eg if you uninstalled you would not be able to get back an install (that was added in crysis warhead) but just so you know, EA has now been bitchslapped with a court case over this drm
  • The Spore hype never got to me. Single player sandbox game? I dunno, that just didn't appeal to me.

But it does seem popular. Somebody explain to me what you find appealing in Spore?
  • The Spore hype never got to me. Single player sandbox game? I dunno, that just didn't appeal to me.

But it does seem popular. Somebody explain to me what you find appealing in Spore?

Looks interesting... it should've been designed with a multi-player option for the advanced lifeforms! ;)
  • i find spore appealing in terms of how you can dispatch foes, i use terraforming tools to make their planet uninhabitable, thereby limiting the planets defenses and allowing me to bomb the shit of them XD
  • my friend got bored of it and let me play it. it was addicting for almost a week and then I quit playing. it was a good game, it just got old fast.
  • btw its multiplayer, but in a descrete sort of way, it auto introduces species into your world via the sporepedia, and some "alien" events can occur during the creature stage, such as (but not limited in any way) comet collisions, spaceships some times abducting your allys and meteor showers (if you look up and your lucky enough to spot it it looks like a comet breaking up in the planets atmoshpere...)
  • I bought it yesterday in the afternoon, and I have to say, I got alot more than I expected. I've gone from a single cell to a spaceship in 8 hours, It was pretty cool.
    I also liked how you can make planets that have no atmosphere, actually have atmosphere by working with T-Levels.

I'm going on too much, I have a good question, Who else bought this game? I almost skipped school just to play it.

I'm sad to say i'm disappointed with it. I've been following this games development for like a year, and it had way more too it before it went beta.

IT used to be like... Civilization 3, but BETTER with an economy. Then they nerfed that and implements some bollocks spice thing...