con dosnt work =\

fresh install of T2 off this site, add metallic con (in the right directory ofcourse (i think o.o)) = normal T2, even run off the metallic shortcut... delted the .dso too...

i used to play Quan mod looooong ago, remeber how in the host screen there was a construction game type, dosnt work show for me...

thnx for the help ^^

Comments

• Something tells me you haven't got any Construction maps installed. :O

Flatland: http://dl.rawr32.net/flatlandpack.vl2
    More maps: http://dl.rawr32.net/maps/

All vl2 files go into the base folder, and the metallic folder goes into gamedata.
  • put the .vl2 in the base folder.. still no con maps lol..

btw, thnx for the quick response

update: i got quan con to work.. jus need da maps to work now.. lol
  • Put the .vl2 in your Construction folder. Base should work, too. You must have not done it right.
  • If you are downloading with internet explorer, you need to make sure save as "All Types" is selected, or else it will attempt to save it as a zip archive.
    If it is saved and you want to rename it back to a vl2, open a folder and go to: Tools > Folder Options > View, and scroll down until you see "Hide extensions for known file types". Uncheck this and press OK.

The mod works regardless of the map you play it on, by the way.
  • the mod works now, its a vl2, everythign works, on my comp.. but hwen i try to run it off a flash drive (for school, :P) it has a unhandled exeption..

and when i load my old buildings, the view range is HORRIBLE even though i set server for high vis (shows only if like 5 ft infornt of u)
  • Ummmmm... check the
    C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base
    and the
    C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\construction
    directories...
    We are going down so no more sierra
  • Do the school computers have the capability to play T2?
  • Do the school computers have the capability to play T2?

If you don't get blocked looking for the download, maybe. I know some schools do allow you to play games, but most don't.
  • the mod works now, its a vl2, everythign works, on my comp.. but hwen i try to run it off a flash drive (for school, :P) it has a unhandled exeption..

and when i load my old buildings, the view range is HORRIBLE even though i set server for high vis (shows only if like 5 ft infornt of u)
    What are the computers primarily used for? Do students usually run 3D applications? You do need DirectX7 and reasonably modern drivers (depending on your card). That said, some machines do have trouble with the codec for the intro video, so you might try setting $pref::skipintro = 1; in your clientprefs.

The maximum view distance is set in the mission files, but under that it's controlled on the client side in the settings. Make sure you haven't got the slider down to the bottom.
  • I thought Tribes2 required DX8.1a or somesuch...
  • I knew it was either 7 or 8, but now that I think about it, 8.0 did come out about 4 months before the game was released, so that's probably what was bundled with the disc. But the game does support Windows 95, so it shouldn't need anything later than that.
  • some of sites selling t2 disks said win95 worked on it, however knowing that windows was a mistake to be born in any event thats probably lies XD