need help whit map

Hi,

I forgot where to set the download of a map? can u tell plz,

Comments

• ok, if the map you've downloaded is in a .vl2 format,
    put it in your Tribes2/GameData/base folder

if the map is a bunch of files like.. GenericMap.Ter or GenericMap.Mis or GenericMap.Spn

GenericMap.Ter & GenericMap.Spn - into your Tribes2/GameData/Base/Terrains folder
    GenericMap.Mis - into your Tribes2/GameData/Base/Missions folder

if that doesn't work, repost with what files you've downloaded exactly, and where you tried to place them.
  • i got a europack2_v112.vl2 in base folder whit a bunch of files in that europack2_v112.vl2 map...
  • yah. a .vl2 is pretty much just a zipfile. it's a compressed file to keep everything clean. :)

so yah, place it in base folder, and everything should be golden.
  • Actually, if you can see inside it and you haven't specifically set windows to treat vl2s as archives, you've probably saved the file as a .zip (Internet Explorer loves to do this). What you'll need to do is go into a folder, click Tools > Folder Options..., click the 'View' tab, and scroll down to the line 'Hide extensions for known file types'.
    Uncheck this, press OK, and you can make sure the file is a vl2 and not a zip.

If you continue to use IE to download vl2 files, you should make sure you use "Save as..." and select "All files" under the type selection, or else it will try to name it a zip file.
  • i dont get it :P. sry
  • tribes2maps.com
  • Wait download or download to?
  • Download to.