Looking around for old friends...

...good to see you still playing this after so many years. :)

Eric

Comments

• ...good to see you still playing this after so many years. :)

Eric

Hi. :wave: :D
  • The last time I saw you was about four or five years ago at T3O. Welcome back! :D
  • Father of the construction?
    Hello
  • Ummmm not to be rude but who are you?

He is one of the three original Construction DEVs.

Hello again.
  • [VGH]SuperDoe: Hi!
  • Heya Cons, it's been a while. :wave:
    Heh, the kids are around school age now aren't they? Or just the one till next year?

Noob. :rolleyes:
  • ...good to see you still playing this after so many years. :)

Eric

Good to see that you're not completely dead yet. :)

Welcome to the the forums Construct, It's nice to finally see ya.

:O / O_O

Lol?
  • :O / O_O

Lol?

Is right.
  • Finally, a name old school enough for me to recognize in this crowd.
  • :D A real celebrity!
  • awsome, ive never met you, but ive wanted to for some time =]
  • Meep Meep. I need to remember to install Tribes 2 and see if I can still play?

World of Warcraft you destroyer of souls.
  • By the way... the color scheme for this forum is perfection.
  • And another thing, remember the good old days when we all used to play together, hang out in IRC, and forums (forgot which ones)?
  • Good to see that you're not a Nugget anymore. :P
  • Heya Cons, it's been a while. :wave:
    Heh, the kids are around school age now aren't they? Or just the one till next year?

Yeah, 7 and 4 now. *falls on the floor and goes to sleep*
  • :lol:
    The last time the forums were around they were up on tribes3.org, but after they went kaput I guess a lot of people just figured we'd all left. Same thing happened when dynamix irc went down last year, and a couple of us from the old channel bounced around servers for a while, but we're mostly busy with other things now so we use facebook and such.

Well the official master servers for the game finally went down for good at the start of the month, so right now most people are playing in offline mode using a temporary listing script while we set up a new login system (you might have seen the big thread).

If you want to drop in sometime before we get the new system up, you can drop this script:
    http://xfer1.the-construct.net/tribes2/etc/microTCMS.vl2
    in your gamedata/base/ folder and start up the game from the offline shortcut and you should get a list of around ~20 servers. Another thing you might want to grab if you decide to pop in is structural infinity, which pretty much lets you use as many pieces as you want. I heard someone mention there are a couple guys building a huge ship during the day on our TX server, so that might be worth checking out.
  • I managed to install, play the tutorial some minutes, skipped to the night level and got scared being alone with AI. I searched for a old tribes mate named Kobe Tai and found a thread with some alternate server patch thus allowing me to sign on. The thread it linked me too had you making an appearance I think?

Anyhow, I did manage to play some Katabatic last night. It was fun. :) On another note, I wished I remembered the deal on steam days ago allowing you to purchase Half Life 1 for under a dollar. Grrr
  • welcome back cons.
  • Wow, I'll be damned. I haven't seen you since like, last year in IRC :p

Welcome back Construct :)