how to save?

I know you told me lastnight in the server Krash but I forgot lol. Whats the command? I thought it would be on the f2 menu but its not :(

Comments

• To save all buildings on the map to a generic name you can type in the console:
    savebuilding();

It will tell you the name of the file after saving the pieces.

To put it in the admin folder to load from the "Change Map" loader (or just to give it your own name, you can use:
    savebuilding(clientid, radius, "Admin/FILE NAME.CS");

Most of the variations have a savebuilding chatcommand, it will usually be
    /savebuilding admin/filename.cs
    or
     /savebuilding 90 admin/filename.cs

Where 90 would be a radius to save around you.
  • Where is this "CHange Map" loader? Wanna try that instead of the loadbuilding command as it clearly does not work for me.
  • The change mission loader is in the ingame lobby menu. Simply click the option to change the mission, and you'll see "- Load Building File -" at the top of the list.
    Any building put in Buildings/Admin will show up here and be available to load.
  • Got it...Maybe metallica mod doesn't like the load building thing. Doesn't show up still O.o
  • Metallic does like it. Been using it a number of years for a few hundred savefiles.

What in particular doesn't work about it?
    If the load building option doesn't show up at the top of your change mission list, your server.cs needs to be reloaded.
    If the "filename.cs" buildings you put in the admin folder don't show up, you should make sure the directories are correct (GameData/Construction/Buildings/Admin) and that you haven't given the files the wrong extension.
  • Trying to save a building and first, cant get the console tocome up from the ~ key and chat commands never save anything. Any thoughts?
  • Check to make sure the console is bound to "grave" in your settings. The chatcommand calls on the function you'd use in the console, if the chat doesn't work, there's not much chance the other will.

If you just type in '//savebuilding' it will save all buildings to a generic filename.
  • NOt sure what you mean about bound to 'grave'. Noob here. the /savebuilding doesnt create a file anywhere.
  • I saved an entire map and it didn't save to the buildings/admin folder... is there any way to retrieve this save? I've tried moving the file to the buildings/admin folder... didn't work. I even changed the name so that it didn't include the "ImAManiac_FILENAME.cs" and was just "FILENAME.cs" in the /Admin folder, but it isn't showing up in the loadmission part of the in-game lobby screen. Only the files I saved using that second method you described above are retrievable in-game. [the "savebuilding(clientid, 90, "Admin/FILENAME.cs");]
  • If you saved it in the root buildings folder and moved it to the admin folder, you won't be able to see or load the file until after the server is restarted (unless that filename already existed when the server was started)
    If you needed to use the savebuilding console command to save a lot with a set filename you could probably just so something like "savebuilding(-1,99999999999,"Admin/FILENAME.cs");"

If you're running a mod with the chatcommands, I'd say use that instead of the console command, as it'd be a lot simpler.
  • Hey krash i registerd yay!:)
  • -Flamecaster
  • hmm kind of old thread but I have a question. i also dont ever see the buildings that I save in the -load building file- under the change mission. I know that my buildings are saving tho. what is the load building command?

*edit*

nvm i figured it out. now i just dont know why it wont load them as my pieces =(
  • edit, double post
    see above post
  • hmm kind of old thread but I have a question. i also dont ever see the buildings that I save in the -load building file- under the change mission. I know that my buildings are saving tho. what is the load building command?

*edit*

nvm i figured it out. now i just dont know why it wont load them as my pieces =(
    Yeah, they just need to be in the admin folder.

You're probably playing on your LAN. The savebuilding system marks piece ownership by online GUID, and since it's not used in offline games, they won't show up as belonging to anyone when loaded.
    If you're running Metallic you can use the command "//giveorphan player" to transfer all the orphaned pieces to you.
  • yeah that is what i was doing. now im running online too. too bad i dont think most people can see my server.