In search of Construction Mod friends of the past!

Comments

• I need a fucking time machine to go back and re-visit those times. Even when I wasn't playing Tribes 2, those times were some of the best in my life. Even though I wasn't a huge presence in the community, I remember all of the names on the list and it makes me teary.. :(
  • -Dark Dragon DX rings a bell

Nobody really knew me.
  • I was kind of a shit-head back then, I still miss the good old times though with the building and the constructing and the mod wars that were never funny
  • I was kind of a shit-head back then, I still miss the good old times though with the building and the constructing and the mod wars that were never funny

And those 30 different roleplays that were going on each day.
  • I remember the ice map where you could bounce off the water but if you did it by the mission boundary you caused an unhandled exception
  • Oh well, that was like 4-5 years ago.

... Where did the time go?

I miss you kids...
  • I love you all! Especially,

....Foocumber, Dondelium, Cmdrbob, Krash, CptnPower, Iplop & Vpimp!

Where have you all gone??

Join The Construct steam group. Also, thanks for the mention. it's me, Emperors Champ. </3
  • nobody remembers me :c
  • Sure I do remember.
  • As do I and I remember all these names, but espeially phill, yours in particular. B-4-F for life was it?
    Hehehe... And yes, I'm back on the forums, but christ I do regret one thing heavily, I didn't come back sooner.
  • Those were good times... :(

Moo.
  • As do I and I remember all these names, but espeially phill, yours in particular. B-4-F for life was it?
    Hehehe... And yes, I'm back on the forums, but christ I do regret one thing heavily, I didn't come back sooner.

Never forget B4F, never forget.
  • p.s. - I'm really upset that I cant remember the guy who taught me how to construct stuff on the TC servers. Oh well, that was like 4-5 years ago.

p.p.s. - My name was Acroma
    It's entirely possible I could have taught you. I used to run my own non-dedicated server with blackjack and hookers on and off, on maps like Treasure Island with the water raised, and other stock game maps.

I remember always catching the stray tribes players, thinking they were about to play Team Rabbit 2 or some other random game mode (these had the best non-flatland maps for conmod), and showing them the way of the 4m^3 light support beam/blastwall-fill hut of excellence many times.

But then again, in these parts I'm a lurker level 99.
  • I'd be surprised is many would remember me, since I stopped around 2004-5, but I hope Tessio remembers me!

At least from my relatively small server, I remember hanging out with Con, Eek, XSDune, Plutonium, demon, and every once and a while Mostlikely would show up!

Me and Demon played WoW for a bit, still talk with the west coast folks over the facespaces every once and a while.
  • Oh and almost forgot JackTL was there every once and a while.

Also captnpower and I built that awesome rollercoaster which I'm sure is buried in someones harddrive somewhere.

Anyone remember flatland junkyard shock-duels?

• I think it's possible I actually have the rollercoaster somewhere... I do have a few rollercoaster saves from back then, and a bunch of Captn's. CMDR BOB and I refurbished one of the medium-sized ones a few years ago, too, but I think it broke.

By the way, if you feel like deciphering some pseudo-historical headlines loosely based on a few actual things that happened in the community from 2001-2010 check this: http://www.the-construct.net/lsw/
    Includes classy contributions like SunnySteps' construction story he was posting on the forums back in 2002. :lol:
  • That is absolutely delightful!
  • As far as I can tell, the Sunny-Steppes saga is during a time when was at its height. The snow matches up with the throne I had constructed ontop of a mountain on one of the snowy seige maps.

I remember the days of being a baron of the piece limit, building permits came with a blood price.

• By the way, if you feel like deciphering some pseudo-historical headlines loosely based on a few actual things that happened in the community from 2001-2010 check this: http://www.the-construct.net/lsw/
    Wow, I thought you guys were programmers, not graphic artists! :eek:
  • I wish there was more, love that stuff!
  • +1 for emperors champ!
  • Does anyone remember me? Sgt Mincer! I recognize just about everyone mentioned here. I still miss the old days of construction and the people, some of the best fun I've had! Started way back in 2004, I can't believe it's been 13 years!
  • I wish there was love that stuff!

Same here.
  • I've been playing Overwatch and Trouble in Terrorist Town (Garry's Mod/Counterstrike).