Server Trouble

I have the same problem as blitztorque but I got different choices.
They are: "Port Range Forwarding", "Port Triggering", "DMZ", and "QoS".
My router is a "Linksys". The dedicated server sends the "Heartbeat" to the master server and ir received an "Info" request from the master server. The server is visable to me but not to other people. :mad:

Comments

• You want to use the port range forwarding, and give yourself some room, try around 27998-28025 or so. Stick in the local address that corresponds to your machine in the IP field
    (You may have seen it when you hosted and could see the server yourself, if you don't know it, look in 'Status > Local Network > DHCP Clients Table'), and make sure it's enabled. Also go to the security page and make sure it's not blocking anonymous requests or anything.
    Save the settings and etc, make sure you don't have a software firewall blocking traffic from the program.
    Set the server's port in serverprefs.cs and boot it up. When the window pops up you might be able to catch a glance to see if it binds the udp port. You may need to try using ports other than the default.
  • You want to use the port range forwarding, and give yourself some room, try around 27998-28025 or so. Stick in the local address that corresponds to your machine in the IP field
    (You may have seen it when you hosted and could see the server yourself, if you don't know it, look in 'Status > Local Network > DHCP Clients Table'), and make sure it's enabled. Also go to the security page and make sure it's not blocking anonymous requests or anything.
    Save the settings and etc, make sure you don't have a software firewall blocking traffic from the program.
    Set the server's port in serverprefs.cs and boot it up. When the window pops up you might be able to catch a glance to see if it binds the udp port. You may need to try using ports other than the default.

This is what I currently have:
    Application:t2server
    start:17999
    end:29000
    Protocall:UDP
    Ipaddress:192.168.101
    Enabled
  • Iam not trying to be a noob but what was the command to control/name bots in METALLIC?
  • That entry looks to be fine... have you checked your other security settings and tried running the server on different ports within the range? I seem to recall my old Linksys WRT54G 'hanging on' to the udp binding on a certain port for a long time before it allowed it to use it on the same again.

No worries, questions are what the forum is here for. :p The only bot-related commands included in Metallic are those console commands already in the game. Things like "aiConnectByName(Name,Team);", "aiConnectMultiple(NumberOfBots,MinSkill,MaxSkill,Team);", "AISystemEnabled(0);" and "Addbots(#);".
    If you'd need to control a bot you could use: ClientID.setcontrolobject(BotClientID.player);
  • This is what I currently have:
    Application:t2server
    start:17999
    end:29000
    Protocall:UDP
    Ipaddress:192.168.101
    Enabled

Looks like you typo'd your IP, it only has 3 octets.
  • Typo'd it in the post, yeah. The Linksys setup page already has the first "192.168.1." in and only allows for the last to be entered on the page. :p
  • I thought there was a way to summon a bot as with a Warrior voice, derm skin, and derm model.
    And isn't there a way to put bots on a map like bots on training?
  • Iam having trouble with everything. XD
    I can't get my mod to run off the files in it's folder but instead the game runs off of tribes 2 classic. I set it up in properties as C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Tribes2.exe -online -mod DDDX MOD_Online -nonpure
    I need help bad.
  • Use -mod Construction instead of -mod DDDX MOD_Online.
  • I thought there was a way to summon a bot as with a Warrior voice, derm skin, and derm model.
    And isn't there a way to put bots on a map like bots on training?
    You'd have to create a function to create the bot and change those settings after the bot has been added and move it to a certain position. If you open up scripts.vl2 and look at the training files, you should be able to see that they did it the same way.
This discussion has been closed.