Awring upgrade.

Basically ive upgraded the awring from a hit and run aircraft into a close air support vehicle.

I have lowered the max velocity of the Awring and decreased the stall speed, and I have dropped the max number of napalm bombs from 3 to 2.

But dont fret for i have added a second seat. The awring now has 4 Laser Guided Missiles and a Laser Guided Bunker Buster Bomb. (yes, laser guided... and bunker busting) Which detonates approximately 2.5 meters into its collision position.

And unlike the gunship and helicopter which its laser gets thrown off and misses the target when your pilot brushes his thumb over his mouse. When you press the grenade key for the Laser it locks in that location and you can fire at that target all day until you laze in on another target.

Death has a new toy :D.

Do you want Eolk to add it?

Comments

• -removed due to updated file-
  • Fuck Eolk. Eolk will break everything. I'll add it.
  • I think the arwing is too bulky to be of any use whatsoever, it lacks the necessary turning ability to pull up before you hit the ground.
    Rip it out completely.

Its a public opinion poll snow, i am ment to say what i think.
  • stfu zax.

I'm of no opinion, since the vehs are a bit skewed as to what they're supposed to be.
  • ..... O_o i remember once on your server i could get a shrike to hit what is essentially warp 4 and even surpass it all the way 6000kmph... is that... meant to happen?? X_x
  • Ehh zax is right, the Awring can be a bitch at times to control but with its lowered speed and and stall I think it could be safe to up the manuverability on it. At least to the point where its better suited for close air support.

Though i do not agree with the statement to remove it completely. It when used CORRECTLY. As in team based ground support it is extremely well suited for the job and the vehicle should not be removed, but instead pilots and ground units should be educated in utilizing it properly.
  • stfu zax.

You really have no reason to tell him to shut the fuck up. If anyone should, it should be you. He's just posting an opinion.
  • Ehh zax is right, the Awring can be a bitch at times to control but with its lowered speed and and stall I think it could be safe to up the manuverability on it. At least to the point where its better suited for close air support.

Though i do not agree with the statement to remove it completely. It when used CORRECTLY. As in team based ground support it is extremely well suited for the job and the vehicle should not be removed, but instead pilots and ground units should be educated in utilizing it properly.
    Dude... That was Deep....
  • As in team based
    Yeah, it gets annoying when no one will play as a TEAM in a TEAM based game...
  • Well, if the speed is lowered, i might transfer from the Raptor, as i'd prefer to be in some form of bomber that isnt too fast that you can only use 3 sucessful bombs (new vehicle anyone)
  • Well the Awring with its low stall speed, and soon to be upped turn rate and its massive armament of anti ground weapons in 2 seats linked with a high altitude AWACS for mid air rearm would be deadly to any hostile ground units that lack ample anti aircraft support.

Now my problem... is making people use ground units...

Due to the fact that aircraft are slow enough that they can easily target manuver and destroy ground units without ground support giving them targets. People use them and not ground units.

If otherwise people would use ground units more often so they can operate in tight areas better.

Problem is though that this engine isnt really good for high speed planes like that. It would hard to dogfight when your target keeps dissappearing out of visible distance every turn around on him.

So im left with 4 options. Make non anti ground planes suck more vs ground (fesable). Make ground more effective vs air (ehhh), make planes require some sort of license (gay GAY GAY), or just leave it as is (not gonna work, obviously).

I am also considering making vehicles more... well... task oriented.
    Wildcat, 1 seat small forward MG
    (add) leopard, 2 seat, 50 cal turret
    APC, 1 driver 1 gunner automatic grenade launcher, 4 seats
    Wolf tank, (same) AA beast.
    Fenris tank, better anti tank abilities
    Artillery (same) lobber

Air superiority fighter (same)
    multirole/interceptor (same)
    awring (remove AA missiles)
    bomber (remove AA missiles)
    Gunship (add 40mm bofer cannon)
    havoc (same)

whitehorse(change AA missiles into heavy dumb fire air-ground missiles)
    transport chopper (more manuverable)

Sub (same) cruise missile launcher
    gunboat (upgraded heavily into a floating everything killing beast)
  • Think you need more than just AA missiles, like some sort of AA tank that can only face upwards.
  • Some sort of tracking for AA chain cannons would be sweet.
  • Stick an invisible node on the front XD
  • Think you need more than just AA missiles, like some sort of AA tank that can only face upwards.

space invaders??
  • I was thinking the exact same thing.
  • Ive uploaded a new version fixing a mounting bug and a revised system for the poorly made laser guidance system of the bunker buster.
  • space invaders??
    mind reader! 'o'