Check this out

2»

Comments

• I want to be a privateer.

Have a nice cargo ship with mega-jets or somesuch...and fly the galaxies illegally harvesting cargo and items and contraband.

And then I want to have a team of such pilots who love the same activities.
  • I want to be the douche who gets the game first and picks on noobs for 3 years until he is know all of the universe.
  • ice%20pirates.jpg

I loot your ice, k?
  • This thread's balance could be easily altered by a political crisis...

/me looks for an archduke to kill
  • I just tried Combat prototype, it takes a while to get used to it.
  • So long as no archduke doesn't get assassinated, my Automen Empire will stay strong with its hold on three galaxies so far.

In Mother Rushya, empire plans you!

The suns never set on the Brittlish Empire.

When in Romulan, do what the Romulans do.
  • Bumping because of how awesome this is.
  • Bumping because of how awesome this is.
    Thanks for bumping. Having seen this before.
    Genius.
  • So back on topic. Empires of great vastness!
    good luck.
  • good luck.

quoted for trooth brodda!
  • You guys should browse their forums and see if there is anything oyu can do.

If some of you can edit scripts, you can d/l their program to create back stories for your characters and submit them. The back stories are also random/procedural.

They also have a program that will make tech paths. Example:

it takes 4 iron ore to make iron bar. it takes 500 iron bars to make 1 frigate.

You get the idea, they want you to basically make the tech paths and material names/amount for ships and such
  • You guys should browse their forums and see if there is anything oyu can do.

If some of you can edit scripts, you can d/l their program to create back stories for your characters and submit them. The back stories are also random/procedural.

They also have a program that will make tech paths. Example:

it takes 4 iron ore to make iron bar. it takes 500 iron bars to make 1 frigate.

You get the idea, they want you to basically make the tech paths and material names/amount for ships and such

What do I get for five adamantium nuggets?
  • Adamant dagger.
    If this is "free" then I might be inclined to help...
  • I read the visual guidelines for models and whatnot... I think really the only thing I can contribute are GUI and HUD elements (as concept sketches would be hell without a tablet), but I couldn't find out how to find info on those.

• "Rogue 2 to echo base, I've found them; I repeat, I've found them."
  • So is the dev team simply working on the game engine in hopes to sell it?
    I just ran into the videos again somewhere else and was curious about the game's current progress.
    Apparently this game's been in-dev since around 2006. :/

Seems like the the developers are trying to tackle quite a lot for the team's size. :(

Edit_1:
    wow, typos
  • So is the dev team simply working on the game engine in hopes to sell it?

Currently, yes. They're hoping to get back to working on the actual game mid-2012, but without significant capital such as from licensing out their tools, they're effectively working out-of-pocket in their free time.
    They have been going to a few of the major gaming conventions, so they may have a couple interested contacts in the industry.
  • Currently, yes. They're hoping to get back to working on the actual game mid-2012, but without significant capital such as from licensing out their tools, they're effectively working out-of-pocket in their free time.
    They have been going to a few of the major gaming conventions, so they may have a couple interested contacts in the industry.
    CCP needs this.
    Now.
  • CCP needs this.
    Now.

Also what I was thinking.