Creed

So, many of you may know ive undertaken a project to create a standalone CCM game for a Torque Engine, currently it's being called Creed, but id like input.

This is just a public announcement to get you all riled up and giddy for it (Im a cheeky bastard, i know [Plus an attention whore]). What Im going to try to make is a game as true to CCM as possible but also help realize it's full potential, and also include many of the features/capabilities/Gameplay improvements introduced by it's many add-ons, and also help them realize their full potential.

The development for the game is currently going in leaps and bounds, and everyday i make a ton of progress, and once i do some final stability tests on this version, i will commit it to the repository and finish the second development milestone.

The milestones there are simple and more or less attainable goals i have set forth to get this game rolling and in the right direction, without being devoured whole by the immensity of it.

I have much planned, and not even a quarter of it is included in the milestones listed there.

Creed will have full, live playability during it's entire development process. All testers will be alerted to when an update is available (Mainmenu News update), and they may test the updates almost as soon as i commit them. Anyone can be a tester, and i encourage violently cruel rivalries, clan wars and cliques.

More Updates/Notices to follow.

http://tauris.the-construct.net/creed/Install_Creed.exe

Play using the "Play Creed" shortcuts, or just run Creed Updater.exe and you'll receive updates as i make them available.

Creed Updater.exe SOURCE

Comments

• Current planned features/shit to add (that i can remember)

This games story is set in the future, a time/setting similar to Halo, but also different.

Humans have begun colonizing the local Stellar systems, but devastating clan wars have always plagued mankind, as the factions vie for control of mankind's colonies. Terra has long since been lost to the strange alien plague, known as the Zombini Virus (I want a better name... :P), which turns Humans into twisted monsters that hunger for flesh. So, think Halo-verse tech level.
    - Base Assets
      -- Inventory (base Invo/ remote invo)
      -- Generator (Medium/Large - Radius based)
      -- V-Pad 
      -- Sensor (Small/Medium/Large) 
      -- Manual/Auto Turrets (AT/AP/AA/AZ)
      -- Mobile Spawn point
      -- Teleport (Freq Based)
      -- Medic Station
      -- Command Satellite
    - Structure
      -- Spines/Pads
      -- FF  (As close as i can get them)
      -- Deco (Datapads/Sandbags/Crates/Statues/Bodies/Wreckage/Whatever you              guys come up with)    
      --      
    - Armour
      -- Light 
      -- Builder
      -- Heavy
    - Weapons
      -- MG
      -- SMG
      -- Rifle
      -- Sniper
      -- AT x 2
      -- CG
      -- Rotary Shotgun
      -- Shotgun
    - Packs
      -- Ammo
      -- Medic
      -- Parachute
      -- Barrels
      -- Mobility Pack 
      -- ALL DEPLOYABLES
    - Zombies - Im thinking of making zombies more like an alien mutation virus
      -- Normal
      -- Ravenger (Fast/Agile)
      -- Demon (Slow/Shoots)
      -- Wraith (Fast/Flier)
      -- Lord (Slow/Rape/Spits)
      -- Queen (Births the little freaks, only special appearances)
    - Vehicles
      -- Buggy - CG
      -- Buggy - GAUSS (yeah, i know)
      -- Battle Tank
      -- APC
      -- Mobile Artillery Platform
      -- Mobile Base
      -- Interceptor
      -- Strike Fighter
      -- Bomber
      -- Gun Boat (White horse, only fancy!)
      -- Orbital Lander (think, Pelican)
    - Grenades
      -- Fragmentation
      -- Flash bang
      -- Smoke
    - Misc
      -- AP mines
      -- C-4
      -- Pistol
      -- Hack
    - GUI
      -- Dialog interfaces for many, many of those chat command based features
      -- Admin Control Dialog
      -- Lobby GUI with familiar interface, but more specialized toward CCM
      -- Clan Support 
      -- Stat Tracking
      -- Authentication
      -- Team Commander Dialog
      -- Zombie Dialog for Admins
      -- Building Dialog
      -- Vehicle/Player/Turret Hud
    - Gametypes 
      -- Deathmatch
      -- Team Deathmatch
      -- Special Operations (Objective based gametype)
      -- Basewars (pretty much same as TDM, might combine them)
      -- Infection (team/solo whatever)
      -- Conquest (Capture and Hold)
      -- Capture the Datapad (Capture the Flag)
    - Features
      -- Day/Night cycles
      -- RPGish modes
      -- Squads
      -- Team Commander
      -- Ai soldier bots
      -- Single Player Campaign (You lot with your awesome Clan/Backstory writing abilities have convinced me this is a necessity)
      -- Capturing Prisoners
      -- Id really like for the game to come with a mod that enables PlanetSide like gameplay, but thats a long time down the road.

Im very open to your guy's ideas and input... anything... Gimme. Except for Fast_Fire, hes a twat.
  • Current planned features/shit to add (that i can remember)
    Humans have begun colonizing the local Stellar systems.

Nice.

But seriously, I'm liking the organized approach you are taking. Since I didn't play ccm much, I don't know what to say to improve on. Once I test it out a bit I might have some constructive criticism.

Until then, good work and keep us updated!
  • Since I didn't play ccm much, I don't know what to say to improve on

same here, but if and when a playable version is ready ill gladly provide feedback on issues with balance and a few bugs if i find them. :nag:

also, looking at the link for your dev milestones, might i suggest you change the voting script in a way that doesnt count non voters as people voting no? otherwise im pretty sure you can just use the base script without any problems

also... virus name could be "The Z strand"
  • im pretty sure you can just use the base script without any problems

Everything is being made from scratch. Im totally gunna take your idea.
  • Since you asked.… I can switch this to a PM and keep a running list to bounce off of you, if you like. Kindly reply under the number so it’s easier to keep track of what we’ve said about each topic, and/or add your own topics for discussion maybe? Idk. I’m not a dev lol.

1.) Need the assault chopper. If you don't have it, I'll probably go ape-shit bat crazy psycho. Well, more psycho. Seriously, it's a huge game piece.

2.) Single person buggy, or two person?

3.) No medium armor? =/

4.) Should have a light MG and a heavy MG;
    Light: Pretty much a bitch version of the heavy, smaller clip, less damage, less range, same accuracy me thinks. Or greater. Idk. Can fire on of the move. (Think M249 SAW)

Heavy: Gives you a wall of death happy lead, thing is it can only before once "set up", or deployed. Will preferably put you into the prone position. (Think of the 240B)

5.) Assault rifle?

6.) Please keep the Rapier name to Rapier. It's a classic, and part of CCM. Please. <3

7.) If you're going to have boats, please place SOME sort of emphasis on the sea-battles. They get totally ignored atm in any mod.

8.) Please keep the ability to swim, and keep it in context with the armors.

9.)Flare grenade, plz…. Different colors, if possible.
    Include a "white star parachute", which just illuminates the area. Speaking of which;

10.) Is it possible to have night/day?
    If so, night vision/flashlights/etc.
    Vehicle headlights. O.o

11.) silenti etc ago strain. SEA? Idk.

12.) Changeable / customizable reticules. I.e. You get a reticule on screen and you hit a button, and it pulls up a menu and you can choose the reticule you’d like for that weapon. (Including vehs?)

13.) Should show what weapons the player has on the character. I.e. Sniper across the back, you know what I’m talking about. :p Maybe make this to include grenades? Always thought this was a really cool feature.

14.) Sticky mines/nades?

15.) What’s the current situation for an experience system?

16.) PLEASE HAVE PROPER GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION. And capital letters. =/

17.) Tutorial?

18.) Different kinds of snipers? .50 cal and a .308 kind of thing maybe? (Sure as hell not gonna fire a .50 from the shoulder. Fuck that shit.)

19.) Full squad element support. Miss that shit.

20.) Zombie path finding.

21.) AI anti-zombie farming.
    If zombies tell the server they can’t escape and the server is also being told by the same zombies they’re dying really fast, it slays the killer? Idk.

22.) Zombies can damage buildings? Make the health in ratio to the size? Idk if you can do this or want to. Just be kind of neat I thought.

23.) Dynamic terrain, if possible.

24.) Artificial horizon on aieral vehicles.

25.) Melee weapons?

26.) Pistols should be a different class, I think, that’s available to any armor at any time. Including builder.

27.) VIP game mode. If you can’t find the huge post I made about this a while back, just ask.

28.) Horde game mode.

29.) Please define infection game mode?

30.) Keep jets limited to builders, who can’t capture flags, hit switches, etc. ;)

31.) Put some restrictions on the powered armor. Was the GAYEST, LAMEST SHIT EVER, to have a powered armor able to jet up with a fucking gauss cannon and blast shit. No one liked it, don’t do stupid shit please.

32.) Make it possible to shoot holes through the parachute? O.o

33.) For spawn points, let us create a description for them. Idk what fucktard thought that map coordinates would be helpful, but that was kinda gay.

34.) PUMA, FTW.

35.) Def on the medic/ammo packs. Also repair pack. I’m missing one. =/

Edit: 36.) Resizible and movable HUDs.

S’what I got atm. I’ll keep posting.

Naturally, I’m a huge supporter of this kind of endevor, if there’s any way I can help, just lemme know.
  • 1.)I WANT TO KILL OZMBIES NO MATTER HOW MANY TEAMMATES DIE KTXHBAI, PLZ ADD MEDPACK SO I DONT NEED OTHER PEOPLE TO STAY ALIVE

Oh so that's how it is
  • ^ sums it all up, prettymuch.
  • 1.) Gunship is the assault chopper. Think of a Halo whatever-that-little-chopper-was-called only more pew pew and less support role.

2.) Two, driver and Gunner, maybe even a three

3.) I dont see many people use it that often, and currently i dont have that many guns planned, so it's roll is redundant. But it's defiantly in, as soon as i can find a specialization for it.

4.) The heavy armour only CG is the heavy, and yeah ill probably put in some sort of "set-up" timer, and also get a better name for it.

the MG is sort of the heavy machine gun
    the SMG is the lighter machine gun

These arent the same guns from ACCM, they might share a name, but they'll be modified to better suit their roll. I dont want a done of guns in this game, only a few specialized weapons.

5.) MG/SMG

6.) I forgot what it was called. :B

7.) Likely not. This is the future, just fly over the fucking water.

8.) Obviously.

9.) Agreed, done.

10.) Ah! thats what i forgot to include in the Features, day/night cycles and RPGish support. Yeah, ill try to get some lighting like headlights/flashlights

11.) That works.

12.) Thats a really good idea. Could have a DLG that comes up and you can select the reticle of choice.

13.) Same, and yeah, if i can get it to work (It should be easy, i am making custom models that can have nodes where-ever the fuck i want)

14.) eeeh, im not to keen on that, seems to similar to Halo, and throwing a sticky on someone is akin to noobtubing them. I am gunna add C-4 however, that you throw and it can stick to any vehicle/Static.

15.) Non-existant, but planned.

16.) You're talking to me about this?

17.) Single Player.

18.) This is the future, snipers are obviously gunna be rail guns. And as i dislike them, they are called EF Rifles currently.

19.) Obv. ;)

20.) Duh.

21.) Zombies wont spawn via nodes, so it'll be hard to farm them. The way they spawn will be more akin to ACCM's stalk mode, where they spawn just outside of visual range. Plus you wont get exp for killing them, thats just silly, or you'll get some sort of cap per mission.

22.) Yeah, thats a good idea. If a Zombie starts smashing at something weak, it'll break. But if it's like a half meter thick reinforced concrete, prolly not, unless it's a big zombie

23.) Same.

24.) Oh hell yeah

25.) Forgot to add that. Yeah... hell yeah.

26.) Sure.

27.) I like it, but i'd def make it a gametype, and prolly an AI VIP.

28/29) Infection is kinda like Horde mode, but there would be a timer until start, teams if you want them.

30.) Yes.

31.) You're telling me this? Lol, i hated the gauss cannon, and i disliked the jets.

32.) Hahaha, yes!

33.) Im actually gunna have a Bf2 like spawnpoint selection gui. When you deploy a MSP it adds to the selection, and it would be a good idea for there to be a little text box where you could input a description.

34.) Lol

35.) Ah! Forgot the repair pack. I got that feeling last night too... hmmm...

36.) Sure.

Thanks for the input snow. But remember that this is gunna be visually more futuristic than CCM, the names ive given some of the guns are only to help people understand a little bit of what the role of gun is.

@Def

medpack users wont be able to self heal using it. Also im thinking of adding handicaps to players with damage. Like, if you're barely alive, you prolly wont be able to move very fast, or fly, or shoot a gun so well. ;)
  • @Def

medpack users wont be able to self heal using it. Also im thinking of adding handicaps to players with damage. Like, if you're barely alive, you prolly wont be able to move very fast, or fly, or shoot a gun so well. ;)

You better do that!, we need a lot of things to stand a chance against minecraft in this competetive and vicious market..

next thing you know..
  • You better do that!, we need a lot of things to stand a chance against minecraft in this competetive and vicious market..

next thing you know..

Ok, ill make resource harvesting and castle building and jesus come again, and give YOU money to play!
  • Ok, ill make resource harvesting and castle building and jesus come again, and give YOU money to play!

I also want you to play the game while I eat chicken off a bucket, if you don't mind.
  • For What Snowfire Said, To make teh Zombie damage building we would need to make a Link that can find the Raito of the building-L-w-b. That would find the % +100 to make a zombies not just kill it,in one hit
  • For What Snowfire Said, To make teh Zombie damage building we would need to make a Link that can find the Raito of the building-L-w-b. That would find the % +100 to make a zombies not just kill it,in one hit

I could just add a structure profile into the DamageScale calculation. IE, a normal zombie might kill a player in 2 hits, but take 50 to kill a wall, using damage scaling.

Or i could just give structure statics an enormous damage taking ability, Since they're literally concrete and steel.
  • In addition to snow's suggestion 12, it could have a option to load a texture to use as a custom reticule. Also, this is freaking full of win alviss
  • Well, I dunno if you've thought of this already or if someone suggested it, but what about adding some RTS elements like commanders, vehicles, resources and SCV's!

Also, here's some crappy futuristic SMG/Assault Rifle I worked up in sketchup ages ago, if you like it I'd love to make a few weaps for you, I know nothing of modelling or the shitloads of subtasks involved with it, but I can move lines around in sketchup!

I hope this interests you ;)

(PS : I know it looks kinda awkard but seriusly it was modelled after an intense study of ergonomics, it's pure warfare clockwork... rp?)
    • Copia de Copia de Deflunsgun.jpg
    • Copia de Deflunsgun.jpg
    • Deflunsgun.jpg
  • Well, I dunno if you've thought of this already or if someone suggested it, but what about adding some RTS elements like commanders, vehicles, resources and SCV's!

grah c&c mod nightmares... nooo

EDIT: i dont mean any offense, i guess the learning curve w
    is way too steep for me, but yeah...
  • Awesome project!
    --Wish you luck

I can't wait 'till your first playable version comes out. :)
  • Hey, that gun is awesome Def. I'd love it in the game, but the only problem is with the player model, i think the trigger/handle bit is too high up, and the muzzle grip is too far down for the player model, i think they might also be too close together. :(

Thats such a shame because i really really like the style of that gun. It says... fuck shit up.
    If you could move the trigger/handle back a bit, and move it a bit down, and then bring the grip up a bit so it's more flush (same level) as the handle, id cum my pants.
    In addition to snow's suggestion 12, it could have a option to load a texture to use as a custom reticule. Also, this is freaking full of win alviss

Mhm, id probably have reticules in their own texture directory. Id prolly have it work by just collecting the textures and adding them to a list, so if you put your own texture in there, it would add to the list.
  • Does TGE use exactly the same player stances in T2 wherever it is used?
  • Does TGE use exactly the same player stances in T2 wherever it is used?

The stock TGE comes with a player with an skeleton similar to the T2 skeleton, but it's a big orc fella. And the Orc comes with a few animations similar to T2 animations.
    - Wave
    - Salute

and you can easily port T2 animations over, i had the orc sitting/dancing fun stuff like that.

I plan on making an entirely new player model and skeleton however.
  • I've got absolutely no idea how to do that since I made this gun two years ago, but I can make a new one, question is, will it blend?.. er.. will it be useful?
  • Alv, im making paint templates for the armour classes, so that the people more akin to using a more complex editor aside from paint can work on some fancy stuff as suggestions, ill edit my post when i have them done. (and if you think its a nice idea so you have something to work on, you can now have stuff as reference, if that IS even what you want.)

By the way, the outlines arent a limit persay, just a guide line, but preferably try to stick to them so you can difrentiate between classes.

and er... since he only posted here once
    k

you do know he was kidding... right? :lol:
  • Alright, I've been working on this, notice it's preliminary (edit2 :but after a few updates it's not as preliminary anymore) , I need you to say if the hand guard and the grip are in the right place

(I've re-uploaded the screenshots seeeeveral times now, I just keep working around that hand rail and the grip lol)

Oh also, I have an idea, what about bullet counters in weapons?, that way you can not have a hud!
    • Deflunsgun7.JPG
    • Copia de Deflunsgun7.JPG
  • Also, just for the kicks I'm making this gun
    • Copia de gunis.jpg
    • gunis.jpg
  • Needs a ranking system that unlocks stuff.
    Eg, when you rank up to General, you should unlock a hat and some generic badges or something.
  • Needs a ranking system that unlocks stuff.
    Eg, when you rank up to General, you should unlock a hat and some generic badges or something.
    Yay! Like Get teh guns at first 1,2,3,4,5 and Some you get Differnt Ammo types
  • Possible Ammo Types :-
    Regular
    Magnum (+10% Damage)
    Incindinary (First clip fires rounds designed to set fire to target)
  • Or, if you wanted to have more realistic ammo types, there could be ones such as full metal jacket, hollow point (although, illegal to use in war), tracer rounds, and incendiary.