Creed

Comments

• But You MUST have a katana.
    Is Sephiroth going to be fighting zombies?
  • Dude creed sucked after their first CD. This thread is done!
  • Apparently this thread isn't done after all
  • In Soviet Russia...thread locks Shane!
  • The shrimp has spoken!
  • You better do better than E, anything. I want fellatio motherfucker!

Also, the installer program is almost done, just to write the backend- and we're in business.
  • Alviss if you don't reply my bloody pm's I might have to bite the head off a bat.
  • Post it on youtube! I wanta watch!
  • I might have to bite the head off a bat.
    I thought too much about that. :o
  • Update:

I hate php.
  • Quite he update. o.o'

*is awed*
  • Should switch this to an actual forum section, like for ACCM and TWM.

Planned updates thread
    actual Updates thread
    Suggestions thread
    Discussion thread
  • Update:

I hate php.

1-800-Phantom-Can-Help

lol... I had to write the php for my auth server, and other stuff. More than willing to help, as mentioned earlier.
  • Yeah, no, i got it. For the longest time i never used arrays (actual arrays scared me :'( ive always just used word strings )

but i decided to pucker up and learn them, and now the backend is entirely done, and quite impressive if i do say so myself.

Infact, im so impressed with myself i think i've created something original, i've called it VBMD (verson based mirrored directory). I will release source for it, here, and on php.net. Right after it gets copywritten. ;)

Link Removed

and then

Link Removed

to remove read.txt.

the installer just needs some extremely minor changes to go with the updated method and then it's ready. I've even got a specific Creed developer FTP autoit script for posting the newest version to the vbmd.

Oh, yeah Update.

90% complete.
  • I like the updates! :)
  • UPDATE.

Ok, so i tested the installer last night, the download took to long. So im gunna do what i should have done from the start, a auto-extracting zip. By auto, i mean, you click "retrieve" it dls the zip, extracts it to where you specified earlier, makes shortcuts if so requested.
  • UPDATE.

Ok, so i tested the installer last night, the download took to long. So im gunna do what i should have done from the start, a auto-extracting zip. By auto, i mean, you click "retrieve" it dls the zip, extracts it to where you specified earlier, makes shortcuts if so requested.

why cant you just make it a zip with supplied shortcuts...?
  • why cant you just make it a zip with supplied shortcuts...?

Because it needs to be downloaded and installed automatically when updates ocur
  • why cant you just make it a zip with supplied shortcuts...?

Because... i wanted to.

I've removed the VBMD method, it was too slow, and now i've created a new method which is just as slow. :(

So, just download this:

http://tauris.chrance.com/creed/Creed.rar

Extract it to where-ever you like.

Also here is the Installer/Updater, for shits n' giggles.

http://tauris.chrance.com/creed/Creed_IU.exe

It took me over 20 minutes to download in a test. If you do use the Creed_IU.exe, run it instead of Creed.exe, so you'll get the auto-updates.

So the deal is, that at this point the game is lacking in content, i was in the process of putting in weapons with stand-in models for the sake of fun.

When i decided to get side-tracked with this which proved to be an insane waste of time since Autoit downloads things extremely slowly.

Since nukem and myself arent able to host, i cant tell if the game is even playable online, or if you can find other servers on the master. Please let me know how it's going.

I pushed this out the door very quickly, and it's probably very buggy. Please lemme know! :D
  • SVN update is so much better.
    I could try making another installer, i'll find some other subversion bindings.
  • The download bar is always on top and non-moveable. Wtf.

ps, I like the ghetto icon.

pss, need to be able to choose it's filepath.
  • The download bar is always on top and non-moveable. Wtf.

ps, I like the ghetto icon.

pss, need to be able to choose it's filepath.

Thats so unimportant it makes my balls ache.

Can you play online you silly bitch?
  • It's still annoying, fix it and then I'll tell you. :)

But no, as far as I can tell I can.
  • It's still annoying, fix it and then I'll tell you. :)

But no, as far as I can tell I can.

Yeah, it was in originally, but as far as i know i can declare global variable to rescope inside of a function so it was becoming annoying to carry the install directory to every function that requires it (all of them).

And also, im well aware of the hella annoying progress bar, trust me, i'e spent many a long night being annoyed by it, it's the default one that comes with Autoit. Ive already worked out in my head how im gunna create a different one, one that can be moved, minimized, and has a cancel button ( :| ). But since time was running short i sent the installer out the door because it was good enough.

Was the download painfully long? did the "Create Desktop shortcut" checkbox work?

I've already though of a better way to do updates than just downloading the game again. Once i finish that ill release a new one. Unless of course Signal can come up with something that works better. It would make sense for a .svn user or even the trac people to have something like that available.
  • Was the download painfully long? did the "Create Desktop shortcut" checkbox work?

The download was okay considering it was peak time when I used it... BUT sadly... It doesnt seem to do anything, once the download is done there's no sign of life and not even anything remote to it indicating its installing, ever since, I've never been able to acctually trace that .rar file, so its not only NOT made a shortcut, it also planted creed in a dark corner/in the middle of fookin' nowhere O_o'

I have a suggestion in that reguard, in the hopes it might help, there is a winzip self extractor program, im wondering if your able to create custom ones for mods like yours, it would certainly be of benefit to slightly less "techy" users.

Still its a WIP and when I downloaded and extracted the .rar manually, it worked pretty good, and I have to say, I'm loving the weather effects to pieces man, nice job on that front, might I suggest our player skins get camo based on the map, so if its a desert map we get desert camo ect ect? Me and numb were talking about this a few days back and we thought it was a good idea.
  • It doesnt seem to do anything, once the download is done there's no sign of life and not even anything remote to it indicating its installing, ever since, I've never been able to acctually trace that .rar file, so its not only NOT made a shortcut, it also planted creed in a dark corner/in the middle of fookin' nowhere O_o'

The game did install, it just happens fast. That CMDline dialog box you see open is the batch file the script generates to unrar the creed.rar file. When the script is almost done all the files generated or downloaded are removed, and the installer moves itself to the Program files/tauris/creed folder. Creed being there is the intention. If you didnt get a Completed install window then thats the problem.
    I have a suggestion in that reguard, in the hopes it might help, there is a winzip self extractor program, im wondering if your able to create custom ones for mods like yours, it would certainly be of benefit to slightly less "techy" users.

Thats what this is. You dont even have to do anything, press retrieve and it's all done for you, theres just some features it's lacking and i didnt get a chance to test the shortcut creation so it's no surprise it didnt work.

But i think i might scrap the installer and just have the updater, since im posting creed in a rar anyway, i might as well have a self-extracting rar and just put the updater in with it.
    I'm loving the weather effects to pieces man, nice job on that front, might I suggest our player skins get camo based on the map, so if its a desert map we get desert camo ect ect? Me and numb were talking about this a few days back and we thought it was a good idea.

Thanks man, and good idea. :)
  • I could possibly make some camo skins, or at least hook you up with camo textures.
  • I could possibly make some camo skins, or at least hook you up with camo textures.

Thanks but im not quite at the point where im worried about player skins.

UPDATE:
    Ok, so, i've re-released Creed. If you have an older install, remove it.

Play creed through the shortcuts (WinRar dektop shortcuts suck, so make your own)
    Or use the Play Creed provided shortcut. If you make your own, have the shortcut target "Creed Updater.exe" so you'll get updates. Now that this is done with, i can concentrate on the game. There was a number of things i didnt quite finish for this milestone before i released the game, so, imma finish those.

The link to download creed is on the first post.

OP has been updated