The-Construct Master Server

Comments

• I will go ahead and say that the T2 script engine absolutely sucks for any sort of cryptography. I couldn't get consistent behavior for an MD5 function due to the way the script engine handles 32-bit integers.

I came up with an RC4 based hash algorithm instead that worked with 8-bit chunks and outputs a 160-bit hash, calculated with a 2048-bit S-block. Considering RC4 makes for a quite effective stream cipher and cryptographically secure RNG, it seems to be suitable for a strong hash algorithm.

Now it is just a matter of finishing the big-integer class for the wizardry behind the curtain.
  • Thyth, since when did you use the word 'wizardry' so often?
  • Since always. I quote the jargon file:

deep magic: n.

[poss. from C. S. Lewis's Narnia books] An awesomely arcane technique central to a program or system, esp. one neither generally published nor available to hackers at large (compare black art); one that could only have been composed by a true wizard. Compiler optimization techniques and many aspects of OS design used to be deep magic; many techniques in cryptography, signal processing, graphics, and AI still are. Compare heavy wizardry. Esp.: found in comments of the form “Deep magic begins here...”. Compare voodoo programming.
  • Ah. Interesting, as always, Thyth.

Is there a command to return how many lines are entered in a file?
  • Is there a command to return how many lines are entered in a file?

How do you mean? One way is to setup a fileobject and simply count the lines
    %bleh = new scriptobject();

%bleh.OpenForRead("PATH/TO/FILE.Ext");

%i = 0;                    // not necessary but i do it anyway
    while(!%bleh.isEOF)
     {
        %i++;
     }

echo("Total Lines = " @ %i);

There might be a simpler way of doing it, but i haven't heard of it.
  • Ah, I see.

What does 'EOF' stand for, exactly?
  • %bleh = new FileObject();
    %bleh.openForRead("path/to/file");
    for (%i=0;!%bleh.isEOF();%i++){}
    echo("Total lines: " @ %i);

EOF --> End of File.

I have 4 more pieces of functionality to write for the big integer library... Multiplication (Karatsuba algorithm, I think), division (I'm not sure how I will do this efficiently yet), logical left shift (pretty easy), logical right shift (pretty easy). Hopefully it will be fast enough, and I won't need to go through a round of special optimizations.
  • We can't forget to welcome "Shane" to the forums, can we? He posted a post with the text, "hia" and we completely ignored him, since we were engaged in discussion. Sorry about that!

[Edit]
    He might not be the "Shane{1}" we all love/hate. :p
  • I will go ahead and say that the T2 script engine absolutely sucks

yes. it does. period.
  • A Linker sighting... welcome back! :)
  • Yay, Link is back to save Hyrule.

I always overlook the 'for' method. Silly me.
  • Linker...
    Uhh...
  • Admodestrator anyone?
  • See? You're too stupid to know.
  • I was messing around, you know...
  • I have a needed fix request for the system..

This happens when you have no internet connectivity, the system automaticly UE's when it tries to check for TC Servers. Also, it does the same for hosting dedicated LAN servers, the instant it tries to add it to the list you get a UE.
  • Doesn't UE me when I host dedicated LAN.
  • Doesn't UE me when I halt my internet traffic and try to query the TCMS, either. You've just got a messed up tribes 2. :p
  • I've noticed that sudden loss of Internet connectivity can sometimes result in UE when attempting to send data to a socket that hasn't finished DNS resolution. That could be the cause of Phantom's UE.
  • Im thinking its on the line of that, I connected perfectly fine later the same day which kind of points away from your suggestion eolk.
  • I was messing around, you know...
  • Originally Posted by Eolk
    I am gay.
  • U E is a parody
  • UE=Ubereror, that should get ass raped :D
  • Lolz :lol: UE's are gay :mad:
  • hmmmmm.............i havnt been able to build well ........... any1 want to help
  • Build well? Thats very unspecific. Is it due to TCMS or to your complete and utter lack of skills?

But, id be happy to help, if you'd elaborate.