Suggestion Topic

Ok, post your suggestions here. Make sure you give full detail and ARE SERIOUS!!!

Non-serious posts may be deleted on sight.

Comments

• I believe I should be given the password to the ACCM official server, and admin-ness in the server.. Due to my constant participation and SA in every ACCM server except the official one, I feel that my input should be taken seriously, and seriously considered. Not only this, but I can provide a buffer between the SA and the normal participants. I can keep them away from nukem, (Yay, eliminating a source of irritation to the God of ACCM. Sounds like a good idea ;]), Answer their questions, and otherwise keep them satisfied. This post is serious, not some fancy little prank.
  • Hmmm. And what about the "holstering" Of weapons? I know I've mentioned this to Blnukem, but i'm afraid it may have falled to the side.

The "holstering" will be the weapon showing up somewhere on the person's player image. I.e. for the pistol, when one is made, would hang on the right hip, pointed down when not selected. For the sniper rifle, diagonaly across the back, held in place by a strap. Ect, ect.

It would be neat for interaction, and one could tell at a glance the weapons his allies are eqipped with.

Oh, and what about different gernades? You have the Standard, and not much else. Why not a pure expolsion gernade and an actual frag instead of what seems to be a cheap combo of both?

I have a few rough ideas about maybe another class, and making the spec ops limited, but I don't know where I"ll go with that. =)
  • Snow, I can only do one thing at a time... And holstering weapons is not really a high priority at the moment.
  • Granted. Just intrested in making sure it stays on that list. Just figured it'd be a neat effect, and I've heard approval from others.
  • Oh, and I'm seeing alot of questions about the ACCM server being up more often...and unpassworded....Is it possible to get a dedicated server up and going?
  • It's been up and going...
  • Not for awhile. not at all today that I've seen it. And half the time when it is, it's passworded. =(
  • I even said it snow... In the thread about the Server... I went on vacation for 3 days, and it was passworded one day because DX wanted to talk about stuff.
  • And I was annoying the living crap out of Blnukem.
  • zombies that doesn't suck and lag.
  • One step ahead of you, I have been working on new Zombie AI. Too bad I suck at AI and Alviss vanished.
  • Heya folks-
    After experimenting with making 'gun-ports' (A turret behind a door which can be opened or closed from a switch) i normally use the power toggle door which allows me to have one side of the port open, while the other is closed. Thus, i can repair it if need be without dieing to hungry, hungry zombies.

Anyway! The problem is that when the power is reevaluated(Or i load the building) the doors start working together, instead of opposite of each other. So, could there perhaps be doors that open/close when the power is turned off/on? It would make life a lot easier... as i do realize i could just make two switches to open or close the two doors of the gunport. But, ah... it seems every moment counts when building against a Zombie Keeper who -really- wants to spawn them zombies. Plus, there are a lot of other applications for it i could think of.
  • CCM's door code was supposed to "adapt" to whether they were powered or unpowered when they were deployed. Guess we'll just have to make a "closed when powered" and "cloesd when unpowered" mode. :)
  • One step ahead of you, I have been working on new Zombie AI. Too bad I suck at AI and Alviss vanished.

I play Eve with Alviss on a daily basis.

Also, as a suggestion:

Hellfire Artillery Cannon

1 Large single shot 150 mm cannon

Payload: Tactical nuclear warheads.
    Rate of Fire: 3 min per round.
    Limit: 1.

Tactical Ion Explosive
    A bomb that can either be deployed, shot, or dropped via bomber that when detonated, creates a progressing ion storm in the enemy powergrid, making the enemy temporarily lose power to key systems (including doors if applicable), and acts as a disrupting weapon that can offer a tactical window for a strike.

This was like... A month ago. :P

Now I'm pretty good with AI, and I annoy Alviss on Yahoo on a daily basis.
  • Being the suggestion topic, i have a suggestion for you guys, why don't you guys get your own ACCM TeamSpeak server? ;D
  • No. Sorry.
  • Lol, that costs money, and krash123 has a The-Construct ts, and everyone is more than welcome to use it.
  • What about porting Quan's elevators?, or heck, why not porting Quans force fields?, OR, getting decent ones.
    A glass texture / Force Field, like the one on ECM, I loved the Glass one on quan, but I'm mature enough to face it sucks in comparison to the ECM one.

What about re-adding the ZTurrets command?, some people like I don't like deploying Emplacement Turrets in bunkers to add realism and then seeing them fire on their own.

Oh, and while I was high I got a great idea for zombies, make them dance Thriller.... ok, that sugestion is not as serious as the other ones I admit it e_e, but the rest, well, I used to love CCM because I could fight, but hate it because I couldn't build, ACCM comes with a couple of nice tools and stuff like that that makes building actually enjoyable, but, well, what if you got even more serious with it and just took some stuff out of quan?, OR make your own ones, we all know Quan was a creative but very "loose" mod, half the stuff didn't work the way it should, but it worked just enough for you to be satisfied.

Oh, what about a squad transport command, that spawns a HAPC, puts you as a pilot and your whole squad as passengers?, well, sounds kinda stupid and easy to abuse but has some RPG value e.e.

Anyway, that's my constructive suggestion :D
  • What about porting Quan's elevators?, or heck, why not porting Quans force fields?, OR, getting decent ones.
    A glass texture / Force Field, like the one on ECM, I loved the Glass one on quan, but I'm mature enough to face it sucks in comparison to the ECM one.

This is a Combat Mod. You're not suppost to have pretty glass FFs, they're a waist of DBs.
    I like the Idea of adding OUR OWN Elevators though, not sun quans.
    What about re-adding the ZTurrets command?, some people like I don't like deploying Emplacement Turrets in bunkers to add realism and then seeing them fire on their own.

Amen brother.
    what if you got even more serious with it and just took some stuff out of quan?

Firstly: We would never take things out of quantium, it's poorly written and would be stealing if we took it.

Secondly: A/CCM is a combat mod, not a carebear con mod. You want to build? Join TC.net BC. In CCM all you need is four walls to keep yourself from dying long enough to unload a clip at your enemy. If you want to see him shoot at you, build an FF, blue works well.
    Oh, what about a squad transport command, that spawns a HAPC, puts you as a pilot and your whole squad as passengers?, well, sounds kinda stupid and easy to abuse but has some RPG value e.e.

I thought you said you liked realism? Thats retarded. An RPG value would be having a guy pick you up on command, becuase it's his order, not to fly a interceptor randomly into the ground. (Which is what he would be doing if there was no structure).

Thank you for your suggestions.
  • Blah, waste of DB's?, just how many DB's does a bloody glass texture force field take?!

Oh, and yeah, the HAPC thingie, totally slipped out of my toungue, that idea should have never seen daylight e.e

Oh, and I know quan was written with their feet, but they have stuff that makes you want to build.

What's wrong about wanting to build nice buildings and then infesting the place with zombies?!, fighting them out in the open is fun and all, but jeez, I still like building ):.
  • Yeah, ACCM was supposed to improve CCM's buildability a bit. So far, we're still working on making the basics stable. :p
    As for emplacements shooting by themselves, I know. 1.3.2 fixes that. :)
  • WOW... wait.. where's 1.3.2?...
    I'm so lonely ):
  • You are alone.

anyway, you don't need stupid ffs and newbie boom boom deployables to make a good base.

Also, Glass FF DB? Just one. One too many.
  • What boom boom deployables?, oh right, I was talking about quan... I didn't mean THAT part of quan.
  • Blah, waste of DB's?, just how many DB's does a bloody glass texture force field take?!
    As far as I know. CCM already came with glass forcefields. It's already there. :p
    $packSetting["forcefield",40] = "0.5 8 160 Force Field set to: <Color:888888>[Special] <color:ffffff>Glass Tile";

Yep. There it is in the pack settings for 1.3.1. CCM already came with glass tiles. :)
  • Lol, that costs money, and krash123 has a The-Construct ts, and everyone is more than welcome to use it.

You can host a TS off of a computer, the clan i am with has it's own hosted TS for free, but what is the construct TS, i'd like to hop on there with you guys if you use it, and chat with you guys, i'll tell you, after chatting on TS, type is obsoleet to me.

And yet i type here, then again this is the forums.
  • Ventrilo doesn't really work... and that's for Krash's con mod. Wb a private thing for ACCM? It'd be alot nicer being able to say communicate with a brother in arms in assualting a base w/o a bunch of newbs screaming WTF IS GOING ON!? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!! Or any other kind of intrupption.

Agreed with alviss, glass FF is useless. This mod is a COMBAT con mod. Glass is too pretty for combat. Here, let's splatter it with blood and crack it a few times so it fits the role, kk? =D

And I have been suggesting elevators to anyone who would listen. They're an amazing thing to have, and extremely handy. I recall bitching to alviss about it so he'd have on in his tarus mod.
  • Ventrilo doesn't really work... and that's for Krash's con mod.

It works fine, and no it's not. It's for the anybody in the community to use for whatever they want. If nobody is going to use it I just won't bother renewing it.

PS: Krash123? :lol:
  • (you know what ACCM really needs? a flaregun.)
    I think this is a great idea