Accm 1.4

ACCM is back from the dead, it will currently undergo a major redevelopment. Bug fixes, gameplay enhancements, and a variety of new additions. A list of what will be added will be in the next post.

This post, however, is more than an introduction. I need mod testers that will have access to the test server.

Comments

• The following is a list of what is planned for ACCM 1.4, those who have suggested ideas will be given credit.

New Gameplay Options: This has been asked by Snowfire for quite some time. In addition to gametypes, you will have an option to switch the gametype for the current map without a restart. In order for this to be somewhat useful for the new gametypes that will be added, there will be a "cleansing period" where all the players in the server are placed into observer, all zombies and sentinels are killed, and the new scenario loads. I'll provide more info if anyone wants it.

New AI: Yes... It's true... The Sentinels will be in ACCM 1.4, but there's going to be a surprise along with them. Aside from sentinels, the zombies and turrets will also get a minor AI tweak as well.

Map Randomization: Some gametypes are strictly for fighting, building is going to be extremely limited, so to add depth to certain maps, map randomization will be added. This basically chooses from a set of pre-made map enviornments randomly, as well as which AI scenarios will used.

New Assets: You name it. From new guns, new vehicles, to hidden items and hidden armors. This includes the re-addition of pistols and the melee skill.

New Gametypes: I'm going to keep all but one new gametype a surprise. One of the new gametypes, called Domination, is similar to Siege and a RTS. To sum it up, there is two teams fighting for certain areas on a map. These areas or "objective zones" are the only places on the map where you are allowed to build. Each team starts off with one zone, each zone generates resource units (RU's) for the team, which are required for building a base. Zombies are spawned depending on a few factors. Like how many people are on the server, which zones are controlled and active, and if there are any sentinels present on the server. Instead of a scoring system, there is a credit system. Depending on how many credits you have, you can buy certain equipment from an inventory station. There are also sub-objectives that you can capture, like gun towers, vehicle stations, and sentinel deployment facilities. The objective of this gametype is to be the last team to survive and to eliminate the zombie horde.

Gameplay Enhancements: I'll get more in detail with this once I have finished testing it.

For Snowfire: Many bugs, such as vehicle reticules, zombie rotation, and spawning issues will be fixed.
  • Deleted because SnowFire couldn't wait for me to finish adding the list of additions. ~Nukem

EDIT: ^Fair enough, just make sure you add those please.

I like how you utterly skipped 1.3, and how this post comes back after the resurgence in ACCM and TWM. :D
  • Reserved

FUCK, I wanted firsties...
  • a machine gun deployable would be good, but to balence it you'd have to give it limited ammo, refills, and maximum 1 out at all times.
    like a scg, but it cant move.
  • skipped 1.3, and how this post comes back after the resurgence in ACCM and TWM.

So there's 1.3, 1.3.1, and 1.3.2... Explain how I skipped it? I babied it more than the other versions.
    a machine gun deployable would be good, but to balence it you'd have to give it limited ammo, refills, and maximum 1 out at all times.
    like a scg, but it cant move.

It's called a chaingun turret.
  • oh...yeah...oops.
    so how about it?
  • Well, nukem, if you want another Dev, or even just a hand with bugs, i offer my services.
  • Added the list. It's not a lot at the moment, but expect it to grow.
    Well, nukem, if you want another Dev, or even just a hand with bugs, i offer my services.

I need people to help with bug hunting, so I'll PM you some details on the server later.
  • I'll hunt bugs. :D
    I'll abuse every damn thing you have lol.
  • This includes the re-addition of pistols and the melee skill.

that sounds very familiar to me...

*removed this part*
  • For your RTS thing, feel free to use any aspects from our (Me & Alv's) C&C Mod, so long as we are credited.

I'm not using your shitty mod.
  • Did I ever say: Use the Mod? No. I said aspects of it.
  • Still not using it. From what I saw, you just place giant boxes and turrets and shot eachother.
  • So, you don't want my map based deploy system, deploy in area only system, my advanced credit system, or anything that basically fits into the category of what you are trying to accomplish? fine then. Forget I ever said to use it.
  • Forget I ever said to use it.

I don't need your shitty stolen code, so stfu. :heart:
  • I think he wants to accomplish it himself.
  • I think he wants to accomplish it himself.

whatever... I was only trying to lend a hand. Hey, wheres the importer??? your PM box is full, so I will just ask here.

And nukem, believe what you want. but I have four mods that are completely open source for a reason.
  • Yeha, i got that message. i deleted some shit.

Nukem, delete these messages once you see them
  • Wait, are we getting our brains scanned again?
  • Wait, are we getting our brains scanned again?

Looks like it... hopefully it will be less painful than last time.
  • It felt like my head would have exploded. :mad:
  • Ever since last time I grew up a second personality...

And I think it doesn't likes my first one..
  • I think vehicles need a tweak such as tanks and air transports/gunships
    they are quite hard to get in without having to build a station around the vehicle
  • I think vehicles need a tweak such as tanks and air transports/gunships
    they are quite hard to get in without having to build a station around the vehicle

Thats silly. They fine. >:(

Don't you say anything Deflun! rofl
  • hey nukem, if you're looking for a New GUI for the game i could do it but i work at my own pace i have a Skin project i'm working on i will post pictures for it soon

you should add like a Futuristic Army Game mode

Weapon ideas HIED - High Energy Ion discharger Use on tanks 6 Ion Battery's

LM4 - Laser M4 Hence the crappy name lol 120 Round clip

Client side heat scopes / night vision

Vehicle ideas

HVC = Heavy Vehicle Carrier Can take any 2 Ground vehicles

TRA1 = Tilt rotor Aircraft 1 a Helicopter/Aircraft takes up to 6 people 5 in the Passengers seats

That will do till i can come up with more
  • I already have new GUI and skins.
  • I love how nukem always rejects help, and everybody seem to want to help him more than they want to help people who do accept it.
  • I'm going to consider some of his ideas and Alviss is a mod tester. So I don't always reject help. :P
  • You do, even if it looks like you don't ):

And I think the M4 you are talking about would be a SOPMOD M4A1.

Edit : I think I got one of the names wrong..
  • It would be hard to get an M4 shape onto T2 anyway