And My Next Mod Is...

Well, It's time to reveal my next mod project. Apparently the word has gotten out a little, Its not NIGHTSTORM, nor is it RADIATOR.

No, my next mod is called 'Powers Mod'.

Let me explain how you play, Its not a construction mod whatsoever, I have decided to try out my coding with a combat based mod instead. However it does use aspects from my cons. mod, Pretty much Anything F2 Related. This mod is based off of the TV show, Charmed. You can look it up or watch it on TNT weekday mornings and afternoons. Anyways, let me explain the mod.

You choose a class from a choice of 3, they are as follows:

- Witch
- Demon
- Phantom

Each class has a set group of skills. For instance, the Witch Class has alot of defensive powers and abilities to protect teammates. A demon comes out fists high and with alot of fireballs. :) . And the mysterious phantoms have a wide range of bombardment and stunning powers.

Now for powers. Players can purchase powers from the 'Power Store' (F2 Menu) with points they gain by leveling up. Players level up by killing players and accomplishing game objectives. These points come at a small amount until you grow to the higher levels where you will gain more points per level up, but it will take many more kills to do so.

For now it's still in the the alpha stage. I hope to have a working beta (NO AI) by sunday.

I have finished most of the functionality as follows:
- Class Selection
- Stat Saving
- All Power Ideas
- All Power Costs
- The Power Purchase Process
- A Little Of The Power Store
- Weapon Modes (Essential for the powers)
- Name Change

(All names are in this format [First Three Letters Of Class Name: LV Level] Name)

What I have still to make:
- The Rest of the Power Store
- The Powers
- The Power Selection Code (Gun)
- Basic AI?

Keep an eye on this one guys, I have gotten some very nice comments from people on this one saying that they will surely give this one a try and that they like the whole idea of "The Power, is in My Hands".

Edit 3:
Attached a few more pictures. All dealing with the class Selection Process.

Edit 2:
First run... was.. A Success! The Class Selection Process Works, I visited the Power Store and Successfully Purchased a power. Although there are still no 'Powers' so to say, You can purchase them. I attached a screenshot below.

And Yes, I did decide to limit the more destructive powers to higher levels.

Edit 1:
Hey I want to know this, Do you want me to restrict the really dangerous and powerful abilities to the higher levels (35+) ?

-Phantom
  • firstRun.JPG
  • ClassSelection.JPG
  • choosewitch.JPG
  • ChooseDemon.JPG
  • ChoosePhantom.JPG

Comments

• Sounds promissing.
  • This mod is based off of the TV show, Charmed. You can look it up or watch it on TNT weekday mornings and afternoons.

Why this mod already fails.
  • This mod is based off of the TV show, Charmed. You can look it up or watch it on TNT weekday mornings and afternoons.
    Oh god....
  • Why this mod already fails.

Haha, thats mean. it might be fun.
  • You get to be a Demon?
    im in.:)
  • Here's An Update

- I Have Come Up With a solution for the Weapon Modes
    - The Witch Power Store Menu Is Done
    - Same With Demon
    - I'm Currently Working On The Phantom's One.

EDIT 2:
    - Phantom Buy Menu Is done :) that means,
    - All Buy Menu's Completed
    - Most/All F2 Operations Completed

EDIT 1:

Maybe I should have worded that differently, The Powers in the mod will be SIMILAR to the ones used in the show, however, you don't actually play as the characters from the show.

That just reminded me, anyone who HAS seen the show want to make a Map like the underworld, The Heavens, The Manor, Ect.
  • This mod is based off of the TV show, Charmed. You can look it up or watch it on TNT weekday mornings and afternoons. Anyways, let me explain the mod.

HA HA!! What a fag.
  • HA HA!! What a fag.

So, Some people like that show, some don't, Me being one who does. I thought it was kinda cool, I do also own all 8 seasons of it. :)

Anywho, Read my Last post:
    EDIT 1:

Maybe I should have worded that differently, The Powers in the mod will be SIMILAR to the ones used in the show, however, you don't actually play as the characters from the show.
  • Read my last post.
    This mod is based off of the TV show, Charmed. You can look it up or watch it on TNT weekday mornings and afternoons. Anyways, let me explain the mod.

HA HA!! What a fag.
  • I think that what phantom really wants to tell us is that he likes chess.

I respect chess players, I like chess, sadly I never played much while I was young so I never really got a technique.

Edit : He likes Bowling too.
  • Haha, what a pompest signature.

Lovin it.
  • i am unsure where this is going, this is alot like dddx's mod which im testing for him, you choose from 3 factions, human, drake (not a male duck kind of drake), and bioderm, each has their own unique status effect, drakes have higher offense but less defense (one headshot can kill a light armour drake) humans have 5% gold bonus on anything they sell, and bioderms have more defence, but less offence
  • I like charmed.

Rose McGowan = babe-a-saurus-rex! /drool
  • phantom plays chess? il OwN JoO 4t cHe5s.

• i am unsure where this is going, this is alot like dddx's mod which im testing for him, you choose from 3 factions, human, drake (not a male duck kind of drake), and bioderm, each has their own unique status effect, drakes have higher offense but less defense (one headshot can kill a light armour drake) humans have 5% gold bonus on anything they sell, and bioderms have more defence, but less offence
    Male Mallard Duck
  • Zaxx! Your back i see
  • *turns around*
    Now you see my front
  • Male Mallard Duck

Life is like a hurricaaane, here in, DuckBurg.
  • phantom plays chess? il OwN JoO 4t cHe5s.

I'm the captain of our school's team. I play 3rd Board (3rd Best On Team).

Good luck :)
  • I like this mod...when it is going on?
  • I'm the captain of our school's team. I play 3rd Board (3rd Best On Team).

OMG en passant = H4X!

You aint as appealing as the 2nd board or the 1st.
  • I like this mod...when it is going on?

Its been on and off. I've been playing C&C lately however. I've had to deal with some issues of the mod not saving your stats properly, but I think most of that has been resolved. The 'Basic' Powers have been added. By basic I mean the first Powers and a few of the second ones in the store.

good luck to you too!
    my win/loss ratio:
    1273/46

i doubt you could beat me.
    and yes, I am demented enough to keep count.
  • Here's An Update

- I Have Come Up With a solution for the Weapon Modes
    - The Witch Power Store Menu Is Done
    - Same With Demon
    - I'm Currently Working On The Phantom's One.

EDIT 2:
    - Phantom Buy Menu Is done :) that means,
    - All Buy Menu's Completed
    - Most/All F2 Operations Completed

EDIT 1:

That just reminded me, anyone who HAS seen the show want to make a Map like the underworld, The Heavens, The Manor, Ect.
    Piper? Peru? Phoebe? Leo? Cole? White Lighters? Oh god, take cover all that are demons! Piper will blow you to bits! Phantom's face will do the same!
  • that message was enlightening, Anyways, I have fixed the leveling system, stats now save properly... without crashing your server... yay.

I've added a plethora of new powers so now there is actually a reason for ranking up in the system. Bots now have random classes and levels which is why you see so many tagged names if you check the server info.

Energy and HP now increase as you level up also, which makes you even more powerful the longer you hand around.

There is still much to be done with this mod, and I will be working on this so long as alviss doesn't return so I can finish C&C Tiberium Conflict.
  • Shouldn't you consider fixing your first two fail mods before you make a third mod and then leave it half finished to go onto a fourth? Just saying.
  • Shouldn't you consider fixing your first two fail mods before you make a third mod and then leave it half finished to go onto a fourth? Just saying.

Or you can shut up and read the previous posts.

1) TWM - I'm not going to work on a mod that I no longer have a desire to develop

2) C&C TC - Alviss has not yet sent me the building importer, so I cannot progress on this one

3) P-Con - You only think I should add more aspects to a mod in which I decide what I add or not.

Mods are never 'Finished' snowfire, there is always something more you can do to it. And I'm not going to fix, what needs not to be.
  • 3) P-Con - You only think I should add more aspects to a mod in which I decide what I add or not.
    Sounds awfully ignorant? Surely if someone has some good ideas for improvements to a mod, you'd at least entertain the thought?
  • Add more fail-tactic crap to Pee Con?