Metallic No Worky :(

So, I can join the existing servers just fine. No problem there. However, I want to dick around on my LAN server, or host my own with a password.

Now I've got it downloaded and use the links to launch (or just add -mod construction, whatever). I see 'Construction' and pick a map (let's say Flatland for old time's sake) and launch.

I get in-game just fine. Only it's not constructionmod. It's base. What gives?

Also, when I try to host Flatdash, it just instantly UEs.

Comments

• Numbuh 178Numbuh 178 Senior Member
    Did you use one of the included .DSO removers?
  • KrashKrash Neptune Sleeps
    Yes, removing DSOs should fix that problem right up. Do keep in mind though that the version of the mod on the site is from 2004, so... it's a bit behind the times.

Maybe it's finally time to try to get a release together...
  • SSnowFire789 Yeah, sure...Wait, WHAT!?
    You should think about finding a way to make a clientside-building manager possible as well.
    That would be almost as great as SI.
  • ZaxxmanZaxxman Clueless Noob
    =O a building manager thats compatible with all mods
    now THATS SI quality!
  • =O a building manager thats compatible with all mods
    now THATS SI quality!
    esSeye!
    idk. :)
  • Dur, forgot about the .dso's.

At any rate, the game crashes, constantly, when I try to host my own. And I found out why.

Turns out the mod is stupidly incompatible with 90% of scripts. Why you would make a mod that doesn't even run with half of PanamaJack's scripts is beyond me.
  • Numbuh 178Numbuh 178 Senior Member
    You have to think that PJ probably made them without construction in mind.
  • You have to think that PJ probably made them without construction in mind.

Yeah well they work fine with normal ConMod. In fact I only had to remove one script to get vanilla to run. I attempted to do it one-at-a-time to figure out the violating script with Metallic and it turns out it's at least six or seven. Too many to be worth my effort.
  • uranium - 235 .. like THE uranium - 235 .. or the one without the space?
  • Spin1441Spin1441 Skanky's Proprietor
    Yeah I thought that name sounded very familier. I'm sure I remember you from back in the MPM days...
  • You have to think that PJ probably made them without construction in mind.

more than likely, I never saw him playing cons. back in the old days.